Florida State Rebrand

raysox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never was a big fan of the open mouth, bacon face logo. I remember seeing some fans, how do you say, "exploiting" the open-mouth by adding certain "inappropriate" features. I for one would think this logo could be updated to look menacing with a closed mouth.

Either eyes open and mouth closed or eyes hidden/shaded/closed and mouth open/closed. Otherwise it looks like he just saw the greatest pair of boobs.

It's tricky to update since I don't think the NCAA would allow any updates to Native American logos. Just a hunch.

Either way, great job. Everything looks good; nice job modernizing everything. Also, on another note, I don't think FSU is very difficult to get in to, so I think you'll get there no problem.

It's tricky to update since I don't think the NCAA would allow any updates to Native American logos. Just a hunch.

I'm sure they'd make an exception for FSU as long as the Seminole tribe permits it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1-1.png

Hows that AW?

Perfect!

forget the open eye, I really only suggested it because the closed eye you had before just wasn't working at all.

However, the new rendering looks great.

The cheek definition helped a lot too.

I still feel like you should play around with the jawline though. Try making the curve less "dramatic" if you know what I mean.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

To me, there's still something about the logo that makes it passive, as if he's snoring rather than yelling. I'd suggest rotating the logo a little clockwise and tweaking the eye some more.

I agree. It's rendered quite well but it looks like he's about to sneeze.

Quality of it is excellent, there's just not enough in there for it to look like a battle cry. It looks like he's getting a really good (you figure it out) from a squaw.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 1 year later...

I think I'm done!

tumblr_lwshxic20w1qe2dhgo1_500.png

Also, i did this because everytime I saw the face I would say this

ThankYou.png

Loving the direction you're headed. And the Based God picture cracked me up, instantly the first thing I thought of when I saw the closed eye update. Looks like the Chief is praying, fantastic haha

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

Really nice work - great concept, I like the updated logo much better than original.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Wanna talk about re-branding the uniforms? How about changing the number and letter font by using the style it was used on the 2009 Nike Pro Combat Uniforms. And use the Seminole feather as the stripes on the pants, as well as on the part on the shoulders (something similar to the 2007 San Diego Chargers jersey design). If I had a drawing, I could had shown what I'm talking about.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived