A Fine Mess

NJTank

And that's the one that will sink him, since that's the first accusation that hasn't had the statute of limitations expire.

I don't think ESPN should have reported accusations that they couldn't confirm. I do think they should have given the tape to the police, even though it appears that the police could not have prosecuted at the time.

There's still no legitimate comparison between what ESPN did and what Penn State did.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No link, but Deadspin is reporting that several players have had sex with Fine's wife Laurie. What a mess.

To jump to the next step, I don't think players boinking the assistant's wife should be a fireable offense for Boeheim (it's gross -- not illegal). I do hope we're not entering a new era of college sex scandals. That's a story that would have no ending.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Unless the federal investigators find some evidence that hasn't been reported about in the media, I really doubt Bernie Fine will be charged with anything.

If all this stuff about his former wife is true, then you have to throw out just about any evidence involving her, becuase were talking about a person now with a vested interest both financially and personally in going after Bernie Fine beyond reasons of him being a child molester.

Whats to say that phone call wasn't entirely rehearsed? If she has the motive to do it, you have to consider that in a courtroom, and its no longer a "smoking gun" and as I said earlier I don't think it would even be allowed to be presented as evidence if this were to ever go to trial which it can't because the statue of limitations has already passed. That's probably why the media didn't bother to give the tape to the police. You listen to that tape the language and tone isn't the same. People who actually have been sexually molested are devestated to talk about it generally. They talk about it in the same tone they would use to describe how their day went, which again goes back to the idea of was this thing reheased and that's alot of evidence to say yes theres a good chance this was.

Once the Penn State thing came out ESPN probably looked at this tape sitting in the storage room and saw dollar signs, so they went with it.

No link, but Deadspin is reporting that several players have had sex with Fine's wife Laurie. What a mess.

To jump to the next step, I don't think players boinking the assistant's wife should be a fireable offense for Boeheim (it's gross -- not illegal). I do hope we're not entering a new era of college sex scandals. That's a story that would have no ending.

What are the players thinking? All those hot college babes and they chose Bernie Fine's old as dirt wife.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I've advocated for the death penalty for Penn State, but we're not yet there with Syracuse.

As you say, we don't know who knew what at Syracuse. Penn State knew. And they covered it up.

Unless and until we learn that Syracuse did the same, or at least was willfully ignorant in the face of compelling and concrete evidence, there's simply no comparison to be made between the two institutions.

I've advocated for the death penalty for Penn State, but we're not yet there with Syracuse.

As you say, we don't know who knew what at Syracuse. Penn State knew. And they covered it up.

Unless and until we learn that Syracuse did the same, or at least was willfully ignorant in the face of compelling and concrete evidence, there's simply no comparison to be made between the two institutions.

To not advocate the death penalty for the Syracuse athletic program is to say that pedophilia's okay. I don't think you want to go down that slippery slope - same thing with Penn State.

LvZYtbZ.png

No, no, no.

You cannot hold the University responsible for the actions of every employee. No matter how abhorrent.

Penn Stare deserves the death penalty not because a staff member raped kids, but because Penn State helped him. Not Sandusky's actions, but those of the University's administrators. They protected him from the police, sheltered him and gave him a place to continue raping kids.

There is, at the moment, no legitimate comparison between the two Universities. That may change in light of facts yet to be revealed. And if it does, I'll join you in the call. But until then, the suggestion is preposterous.

No, no, no.

You cannot hold the University responsible for the actions of every employee. No matter how abhorrent.

Penn Stare deserves the death penalty not because a staff member raped kids, but because Penn State helped him. Not Sandusky's actions, but the University's administrators. . They protected him from the police, sheltered him and gave him a place to continue raping kids.

There is, at the moment, no legitimate comparison between the two Universities. That may change in light of facts yet to be revealed. And if it does, I'll join you in the call. But until then, the suggestion is preposterous.

You do realize its willmorris whose writing that stuff?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

People who actually have been sexually molested are devestated to talk about it generally. They talk about it in the same tone they would use to describe how their day went, which again goes back to the idea of was this thing reheased and that's alot of evidence to say yes theres a good chance this was.

That's not really a lot of evidence. While most people are probably devastated by it, maybe some are so desensitized that they can talk about it with a flat affect like this guy did. There's also the wrinkle that she may have been doing him too. The whole thing just seems complicated and icky.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No, no, no.

Penn Stare deserves the death penalty not because a staff member raped kids, but because Penn State helped him. Not Sandusky's actions, but those of the University's administrators. They protected him from the police, sheltered him and gave him a place to continue raping kids.

Considering that this is the same organization in the NCAA who declared a player ineligible just for having sex with their girlfriend, a death penalty is warranted for such a heinous act.

LvZYtbZ.png

People who actually have been sexually molested are devestated to talk about it generally. They talk about it in the same tone they would use to describe how their day went, which again goes back to the idea of was this thing reheased and that's alot of evidence to say yes theres a good chance this was.

That's not really a lot of evidence. While most people are probably devastated by it, maybe some are so desensitized that they can talk about it with a flat affect like this guy did. There's also the wrinkle that she may have been doing him too. The whole thing just seems complicated and icky.

Anything is possible. He could be telling the truth and what your saying could be right. But it just seems like a very odd tone to take on a phone for something like this on both sides. I've yet to come across a person that was that comfortable as he seemed on the phone to talk about something like that. It comes off as being ungenuine and the fact that both people on the phone have an incentive to go after this guy doesen't help matters either.

Again up to a 1/3 of these kinds of cases are made up, and from what I've seen I'd say there's at least a 50/50 chance this one is as well.

Nothing new to really add besides holy crap what a mess everything is with this situation. To make matters even more muddy, the Westboro Baptist Church is coming tomorrow to protest! :wacko:

On that note, I hope at least one of you get this reference. This will be the press conference tomorrow again more than likely

boeheimfinepressconferencefixed.png

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

All three victims?

Two of them are brothers so I'm counting that as one and we don't know much about the third.

1/3 of a 1/3 is 11% so odds alone say its reasonable.

I don't know, man. You're forgetting the fact that those "odds" are stacked by the number of abuse cases that are faked or influenced as part of a family custody battle. What percentage of accusations against unrelated adults are demonstrated to be false?

To me, quoting the odds is a little like complaining that the victim wasn't sufficiently distraught in the phone call. At best, it's insensitive. At worst, deeply offensive.

Archived