All-Time Basketball Draft DISCUSSIONS Thread

mania

While there are a few of us here and the thread is pretty active...

I'd really like to avoid another 4 picks in three days stretch like the one we experienced over the weekend. I propose that we institute a six hour notification rule. Once you're on the clock, you have six hours to either pick or notify us that you're having issues. If you notify us that there might be a problem, at least we'll know what's going on and we can plan accordingly. If the six hours pass without a pick or explanation, you get skipped and the draft will proceed. You can jump in and pick as soon as you're able to.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

It sucks when this thing grinds to a halt. We should address it.

I'd say that's kind of fair. I think we've made decent progress, but it's mostly up to mania since he's managing the google doc. As long as it doesn't disintegrate into a clusterf*** I'd be down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For now I don't think we need time limits.

We're only talking about a 12 round draft here which is why I'm not going that crazy over it. So we missed two days. Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned if that's the only hickup. We're about 1/3 of the way through.

When we get to round 8 or so and nobody is picking HOFers anymore, then we'll see but for now I'm happy with status quo.

Gotta dig deep. I've got a draft board and each pick is my 3rd or 4th choice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is gonna start getting tough, now we are running out of some legends. There are still some great players left though.

Heres my starting lineup so far.

Reggie Miller-SF

Jerry West-PG

Bill Walton-C

LeBron James-PF

Now I just need a shooting guard.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'd say you'd need a true 4. Miller is a natural shooting guard and putting him anywhere else would be silly, and LBJ is a SF.

Yeah you got two guys playing out of position.

I think your far better off drafting a PF then trying to have an undersized lineup. Its not like there's nobody out there.

I'd say you'd need a true 4. Miller is a natural shooting guard and putting him anywhere else would be silly, and LBJ is a SF.

LeBron could play shooting guard though. Not with Miller on the team, however. To me, depending on the team, SF and SG CAN be interchangeable depending on the players. I don't think that's the case here, though.

How does this sound?

Reggie Miller-SG

Jerry West-PG

Bill Walton-C

LeBron James-SF

Now I need a power forward.

And with the way I'm picking, I dont know loads about basketball, but I do know quite a bit, so with lack of alot of knowledge, my picks may not seem what like what you think is the right pick. And besides, I dont even know what 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's are in b-ball.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

How does this sound?

Reggie Miller-SG

Jerry West-PG

Bill Walton-C

LeBron James-SF

That's alot better then trying to play LeBron and Miller out of position. LeBron and Reggie both could play out of position like that, but your far better off drafting a PF then doing that.

How does this sound?

Reggie Miller-SG

Jerry West-PG

Bill Walton-C

LeBron James-SF

That's alot better then trying to play LeBron and Miller out of position. LeBron and Reggie both could play out of position like that, but your far better off drafting a PF then doing that.

Ya, so was Chris Mullin a PF and would he be a good next pick?

spacer.png

How does this sound?

Reggie Miller-SG

Jerry West-PG

Bill Walton-C

LeBron James-SF

Ya, so was Chris Mullin a PF and would he be a good next pick?

Mullin was a pure SF. But there's HOF PF's that haven't been picked though.

Damn. I wanted Gervin bad but I knew there was no way he'd fall to me, and me taking him where I was seemed early. Nice pick.

Well, he wasn't who I had in mind with this pick. Then I looked at my board and I think the talent at SG drops off pretty quickly. So I changed my mind and went with Ice. Fortunately, the draft is headed in the direction where I don't have to wait long to pick again. Barring a really bizarre and highly unlikely stretch of picks, I should be able to get one of the three players I have in mind for my next pick.

BB52Big.jpg

Infa, just because you think that, you will absolutely not get any of those 3.

Grumble Grumble Grumble.

Honestly, if the three guys I have in mind go before my next pick, I think it will be hilarious. But yeah, you're probably right. I'm all but asking for it.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived