Jerseys you didnt think were used at the same time

njdevs7

I think this would have qualified if they hadn't met in the Super Bowl later that season. It seems to fit the general criteria of the others: last year of a classic looking set vs first year of a modern one.

113236_crop_340x234.jpg

Wow, both of those jerseys are great. The Rams look and colors are classic, and I loved the original Titans set. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good. Everything they have done since then (adding light blue jersey, adding light blue pants, monochrome navy, monochrome light blue, wearing light blue full time) has made their look worse. I really miss that original set.

Oh, and great thread idea. The Barkley Suns against the Nuggets was the weirdest to me. I had no idea the Nuggets still wore those in 1993.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking for a Whalers-Avalanche picture, because that's the most jarring juxtaposition of two jerseys that don't feel like they were ever worn at the same time, but I couldn't find one.

So here's this

1-t246110-500.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm sure in 1992 this

a10485cbb81c86b1f4a52b1651e9.jpg

vs

display_image.jpg?x=276061

looks out of place now.

Actually I'm pretty sure in 1992 the expos (and royal too I think) just looked out of place in general since it was they were the last 2 teams still wearing powder blue uniforms.

in 1992 the Expos dropped the powder blue. It was last worn in 1991.

I'm sure in 1992 this

a10485cbb81c86b1f4a52b1651e9.jpg

vs

display_image.jpg?x=276061

looks out of place now.

Actually I'm pretty sure in 1992 the expos (and royal too I think) just looked out of place in general since it was they were the last 2 teams still wearing powder blue uniforms.

in 1992 the Expos dropped the powder blue. It was last worn in 1991.

Plus, IIRC, the Royals weren't using the powder blue road unis beyond 1991, either.

259883_crop_650x440.jpg?1312343231

Really? They were together for five season and the two teams faced in the playoffs during that span. Not exactly a single game.

It's because that picture is older than I am.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Plus, IIRC, the Royals weren't using the powder blue road unis beyond 1991, either.

The White Sox adopted their current set in '91.

I wasn't responding to your ChiSox-Royals posting, but rather to EddieJ's thinking that the Royals and Expos were, or might have been, using powder blue in '92.

Ahh, gotcha. In case anyone was wondering, the Sox home jerseys were nameless from 1987-1996. I like them much better with the names.

Wow, I had never noticed before that the White Sox didn't have names on the newer jerseys for the first six seasons of their existence. Interesting. I'm also very surprised that they didn't use NOBs with their final navy, red, and white set. You learn something new every day.

Archived