NFL Los Angeles Team Concepts

logofan20

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a suggestion, how about the Los Angeles Bulldogs. The name is from a professional football team that in 1937 went undefeated and untied during the season. (One of four professional football teams (American and Canadian) to do so; the others were the 1948 Calgary Stampeders, the 1948 Cleveland Browns, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins)

Los Angeles Bulldogs

EDIT: This team was also the first professional football franchise in a "major league" to play on the West Coast.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Going through the list of defunct NFL franchises, some names pop out to me.

Legion

Senators

Colonels

Marines

Gunners

Bombers

Patricians

Badgers

Note that I only posted team names that have no connection to competing sports leagues (USFL and CFL, primarily) and that the NFL would presumably still hold rights to.

cttdolphins2.png

I have a suggestion, how about the Los Angeles Bulldogs. The name is from a professional football team that in 1937 went undefeated and untied during the season. (One of four professional football teams (American and Canadian) to do so; the others were the 1948 Calgary Stampeders, the 1948 Cleveland Browns, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins)

Los Angeles Bulldogs

EDIT: This team was also the first professional football franchise in a "major league" to play on the West Coast.

Makes a lot of sense, Since there is a tradition there, only issue I see is that Cleveland uses a bulldog as its alt logo.

I like the idea of the LA Bulldogs and the LA Dons. If it were the Dons they could bring back Donnie Don Don:

8a5186387e0be4735734426be1b0b00222d65bd5.jpg

Using a Bulldog theme, maybe they could take on the name Bruisers like thew old Chicago Bruisers, a name I really like.

FsQiF2W.png

LA Sharks

Along the same lines, I like Los Angelos Makos. It's short, no one else has it and they could play the Jaws theme to jazz the crowd. And yeah, I did a concept of it years ago for a contest. Yeah, the colors are really, uh, something.

NFL_LA_Mako.png

how about the skulls?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Los Angeles Thunderbirds. Discuss.

Its been done :P

1980%20Thunderbirds.jpg

:hockeysmiley: LOL! thats amazing!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I'm not sure that's a deal-killer. New Houston took its nickname from a Dallas NFL team and/or a Dallas AFL team. There was a Buffalo Bills team before the current Bills. The Miami Seahawks predated the Seattle Seahawks by several decades.

Otherwise, what about borrowing an old NFL nickname that harkens back to L.A.'s true heritage -- roads:

The Steam Roller(s)?

Packers-2.png

Hold up, isnt the LA Dons the name of the original Oakland Raiders?

That was Oakland Señors. Dons was one of the other names they were tossing up before the AFL started, from Wiki: "The selection committee narrowed the choices down to Admirals, Lakers, Diablos, Seawolves, Gauchos, Nuggest, Señors, Dons, Costers, Grandees, Sequoias, Missiles, Knights, Redwoods, Clippers, Jets and Dolphins."

But the LA Dons were an AAFC team.

Archived