Minnesota Wild concept

Joshawaggie

Well, I'm home from work, deathly sick, so I figured I try out a concept for the first time in a few years now probably. I have been a fan of the Wild from the start, but I do not like the red and green together, although the white jersey has always been a favorite of mine. I hated the original all green road (then home). It was too much of the same color. I also would not have liked it with more red, and I do not like the red jersey at all. With that in mind, I dropped red all together and put in a brighter green and kept the forest green. I toyed with using brown instead of tan, but the look was a bit too muddled. I know this is just a simple recolor, but I feel the original jersey set and logo is strong enough to stand for quite a long time. I have not done an Alt jersey yet, but I might later on.

wildunis.png

Thoughts?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

that looks like your promoting a springfield powerplant team. try again.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I like it, I always thought the red and green mix was too Xmas-y and the lack of contrast in the logo didn't help. Moving the tan to the face works for me and I love the double green.

A possible alternative could be to replace the second green with the yellow.

that looks like your promoting a springfield powerplant team. try again.

Hey, thanks so much much for this constructive criticism! This will sure to help me in my next adventures!!

so I figured I try out a concept for the first time in a few years now probably.

Oh yeah, that's why.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I like it, I always thought the red and green mix was too Xmas-y and the lack of contrast in the logo didn't help. Moving the tan to the face works for me and I love the double green.

I did think of using yellow more, but thought it would be too North Star-ish.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I did think of using yellow more, but thought it would be too North Star-ish.

Or too Packer-ish.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I really like the idea, but I think the dark green should be a bit darker, and the light green should be darker. This is definitely a good idea, just a few tweaks necessary.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Xmas, really? I definitely agree that the logo should have more contrast, but I always thought that the colors were nice, a nice unique color scheme, but the neon on this jersey is killing me. Try again without the fluorescent green. If the red is to be removed, try a subtler color, like a dark gold maybe.

I'm not a fan of the two-tone green. The red and green had more of a northwoods feel to it that the lime just doesn't capture. With a name like the Wild, I think you need to imply the northwoods in the color scheme. The lime is too unnatural.

Lose the lime green...and just make it kelly green and a darker kelly green. I don't think the wheat works...maybe swap that out with more of a grey or even a very dark blue and make the yellow circle a silver one so it is a moon and not a sun. I like the idea of a double green, the new Mayflower moving logo looks slick...so it can work. IMHO they can't be tonally different, just darker versions of the same starting color.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The wild color scheme does make me think of Santa every time I see it and the two-tone green is great but, Ive always liked the wild's colors they're unique and Minnesotan. The green/yellow/cream are good but, I would try a color besides neon green because the combination of those sorta give me a headache.

Nothing against your concept, but I really hate the new numbers.

Those aren't new numbers. They've been using that number style for the whites from Day One of the franchise. Their original green jerseys had it too.

CCSLC signature.png

Nothing against your concept, but I really hate the new numbers.

Those aren't new numbers. They've been using that number style for the whites from Day One of the franchise. Their original green jerseys had it too.

I'm not really a hockey fan, and all I see lately is the alt and home unis. I assumed the new wordmark was accompanied by the new numbers.

Archived