Islanders Mish Mash

rosstaylor24

I really like that you've taken the stripes that nod to the Stanley Cup victories and incorporated them into the logo.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I love the logo, and I like the orange alternate, and I like the idea of using both blues, but I don't like the execution, and I'm not exactly sure why.

I think it's in the logo, having the guy be lighter than the background just seems odd to me. I think if you flip the two blues, you'd have an even better concept. Or, do it like your original concept and just eliminate the lighter blue from the logo. idk, I absolutely loved the first version of this logo, I think you downgraded with this one.

I also wouldn't be opposed to seeing a navy blue alternate. They used navy for how long, and it's probably a more realistic third jersey anyways (then again, who can predict what the isles are doing after that black monstrosity came out...)

Great concept, I definitely think you should keep working on it. One of the best I've seen around here in a while.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

tks Tim. i just copy and pasted from photobucket. i really have no clue what i am doing.

Islanderslogo.jpg

looks great so far.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

That third logo really pops. I don't know why, but my eye is drawn to it when looking at the four versions together. The last one is definitely second best there.

Now I'd take the third logo and put it on different colors. Does it look best on a royal blue, navy blue, orange, or white background? Pick what looks best, and then make the jersey based on that. Maybe do the same for the last logo if you feel like it.

Really solid stuff. I've always loved the fisherman logo (despite all the hate...or maybe because of it), and this is a classy way to bring it back.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Rockalanche is good, but too busy. There are like 9 stripes on each arm. Right now, it's R-B-W-Y-B-Y-W-B-R, but I think R-W-Y-B-Y-W-R would look much better. Also, the logo is fine with just a red outline. Having a red and a blue outline leads to major colour bleeding and makes it look purple/burgundy.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived