Corporate Football Identity Series

drdougfresh

I've been kicking around some ideas for another series, but nothing really stuck enough to keep me interested. I did a series of American restaurant hockey uniforms back in the day, and that was pretty fun-- mostly because you're creating uniforms based solely on a brand and logo, no prior uniform history to worry about. It's also a fairly unique way to explore uniform design, IMO. Since I'm a branding/sports nerd, this is the perfect balance.

Instead of making 'throwbacks' this time, though, I decided to come up with some companies that I like that have interesting branding strategies, and would lend well to translating onto a uniform. The rest of the companies are still a nebulous group right now, so I'm open to suggestions if you have a grand idea. For right now, though, I'll post company/brand #1, and we'll go from there. If anyone really wants an explanation for the designs, I'll post them-- but it seems that most people don't even bother reading them anymore.

Brands already completed:

#1: Android (Google)

#2: Home Depot

#3: Target

#4: Boeing

#5: McDonalds

#6: Starbucks

#7: Deere

#8: at&t

Without further ado, brand team #1: Android

AndroidHelmet.jpg

Android.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Im am impressed. As an Android user its really cool to see the logo used for a sports team. The only thing that I would change is the number font. When I see it I don't think Android. Are you doing technology based companies only or are you going to expand past technology and do say car manufactures?

raiders-2.png

Wow! Im am impressed. As an Android user its really cool to see the logo used for a sports team. The only thing that I would change is the number font. When I see it I don't think Android. Are you doing technology based companies only or are you going to expand past technology and do say car manufactures?

That's actually Norad (Android brand font). I just chose '6' for coverage's sake-- to show more of the circuit board pattern. It's not just going to be tech companies, though. Next one will most likely be Home Depot. My biggest thing is that they are a Fortune 500 company with (what I consider) nice branding.

I really like Android, especially the pattern on the numbers/undersleeves and the numbers. The colors work great too.

I'm not feeling Home Depot though. The design is okay, but the number/NOB font is pretty bad. Even though it matches the logo it just doesn't look good. I would go with standard block.

I love the series so far. It's nice to see creative concept series like this on the boards and I must say, you're doing a great.

The Android one is very cool and although the Home Depot one isn't anything groundbreaking or new, you did a good job of reflecting the brand into the uniform design(which is pretty much what this series is about).

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I love the series so far. It's nice to see creative concept series like this on the boards and I must say, you're doing a great.

The Android one is very cool and although the Home Depot one isn't anything groundbreaking or new, you did a good job of reflecting the brand into the uniform design(which is pretty much what this series is about).

Thank you, and this is essentially what the thing is with HD-- though it's not anything "flashy" like the Droid one was, it's a practical, classic look. I wanted to reflect that "Good 'Ol American DIY Spirit" that their advertising uses, and to achieve this, I used a more conservative, timeless look. Made some edits to further reflect this and change a few things I wasn't keen on.

Alright, time for brand #3: Target

TargetHelmet.jpg

Target.png

[Though the easy way to approach the gloves, I though it was kind of ironic-- and maybe helpful?]

I had a thread similar to this a while ago. So I really love the idea. Your presentation looks great, I especially like the realistic helmet. No complaints with any of these so far, keep up the good work!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Dude, these are beyond awesome. They really echo the branding of the company and are pretty eye catching without being over the top.

I think with the android one you shouldve used the new font they introduced with the galaxy nexus and ice cream sandwich (i forget the name). IMO it looks alot better but the one you used might have a little more character

Ill agree that the home depot one looks a bit tennessee-esque but i actually dig the stenciled number font

I think you hit the nail on the head with the target one, as every design element plays off of the bullseye logo. i dig it.

Keep em coming! (are you taking requests?)

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Archived