Corporate Football Identity Series

drdougfresh

Thanks for the feedback, glad everyone is enjoying it so far. I'll look in to that font for Android, I just saw it the other day.

As far as requests, I'm not taking them. Though if you have a suggestion, I'm willing to hear it. I have about 12 on a list already, but they're not set in stone. Only criteria really is fortune 500 status, which I believe eliminates Little Caesars.

Should have the next one up tonight or tomorrow!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it the helmets are white and not silver like they appear for Depot and Target?

other than that these are amazing

That's correct. The lighting effect in the photo makes everything look darker. You'll be able to tell when one is silver-- just haven't had one yet. Thanks!

I like this alot, I think that Boeing could be improved by doing this:

-Making the Helmet logo blue

-adding a wing pattern to the shoulders or the undersleeves

-and making the chest script and NOB blue.

After that, no complaints, very good.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I like this alot, I think that Boeing could be improved by doing this:

-Making the Helmet logo blue

-adding a wing pattern to the shoulders or the undersleeves

-and making the chest script and NOB blue.

After that, no complaints, very good.

For modernity's sake, I don't plan on doing any of those. Wings would be exceptionally tacky, especially given Boeing's current branding. That's the point of the series-- reflecting a brand through a football uniform, not making it entirely too literal by using elements that don't fit their brand strategy.

Ok, so when I did my WinniJets conept with a plane going down the pants' stripe, people said, "Oh it looks like it's crashing."

Now, that's a silly argument, it's a design element not an actual plane, but I couldn't flip the contrail/plane to face like it was going up because it would be covered by the way most players in the NHL leave their jerseys untucked. However, with a football uniform, you can clean up this "problem" by flipping the stripe and have it start at the bottom of the pant and have the "plane" (it's more of a shape evoking a plane but...) headed skywards.

Plus, most NPC unis have truncated stripes that stop before the hips, not the knee like you currently have it. Form + Function.

Otherwise, I have no qualms. I get that you're basing these designs off of their actual corporate branding, but would it be so awful to have two jerseys for teams so that, if they actually played each other, two teams wouldn't be in both white jerseys and/or white vs aluminum grey? You wouldn't have to do two jerseys for every team/brand (like Home Depot probably has the orange market cornered in this league) but something for the predominantly white/grey teams might be nice.

Ok, so when I did my WinniJets conept with a plane going down the pants' stripe, people said, "Oh it looks like it's crashing."

Now, that's a silly argument, it's a design element not an actual plane, but I couldn't flip the contrail/plane to face like it was going up because it would be covered by the way most players in the NHL leave their jerseys untucked. However, with a football uniform, you can clean up this "problem" by flipping the stripe and have it start at the bottom of the pant and have the "plane" (it's more of a shape evoking a plane but...) headed skywards.

Plus, most NPC unis have truncated stripes that stop before the hips, not the knee like you currently have it. Form + Function.

Otherwise, I have no qualms. I get that you're basing these designs off of their actual corporate branding, but would it be so awful to have two jerseys for teams so that, if they actually played each other, two teams wouldn't be in both white jerseys and/or white vs aluminum grey? You wouldn't have to do two jerseys for every team/brand (like Home Depot probably has the orange market cornered in this league) but something for the predominantly white/grey teams might be nice.

Key word there is "most". Not all. And since this is a concept, it's not a life-or-death matter. I understand the issue with the whole "crashing" argument-- but that's not something I'm particularly concerned about. I like the way it turned out, and that's a matter of personal opinion.

As for the other concerns you've expressed-- I see what you're saying about the whole uniform color thing, but being that this is more of an art translation project than a 'what-if', it's really a moot point to create more iterations of a uniform past the single sets I have done. If I were making a hypothetical league, I may have done that. But that's not the point of this project.

For Home Depot, I looked into helmet numbers, but I wasn't too fond of them. I'm not a fan of TV numbers anyway, as the presence of HD has all but eliminated the need for them. The 'open' designs I have used more so far lend themselves to the designs worn in college, anyway-- where TV numbers are already seeing a decline. Nice use of ethos, though.

Fair points, duly noted. I actually like the stripe as it is, but was just being preemptive.

BUT...

I'm not a fan of TV numbers anyway, as the presence of HD has all but eliminated the need for them. The 'open' designs I have used more so far lend themselves to the designs worn in college, anyway-- where TV numbers are already seeing a decline. Nice use of ethos, though.

TV numbers are - counter to their name - more useful to fans in the stands than they are to viewers at home. When I go to college football games and teams don't have TV numbers, any plays that end in scrums or matter in inches/ball possession it can be excedingly difficult to see who has the ball or what happened. The loss of TV numbers in NCAAF is sad, in my mind, because it makes the fan at the stadium have a worse/harder time than the viewer at home, which shouldn't be the case.

They also help the TV and radio guys...

But if you don't want them, that's cool by me since this is just a fun exorcize in design.

Alright, took me a while to nail something down for this company, and while it's a little 'abstract', it's totally them. Brand team #5, McDonalds:

McDHelmet.jpg

McDonalds.png

If it's not exceedingly obvious what the inspiration for this was... Here's some help.

The base layer and sock stripes are perfect.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived