Corporate Football Identity Series

drdougfresh

This is a really cool idea for a series and the execution is great as well. Boeing is my favorite, with Android in a close second. McDonalds is really close to being great but I think that it could benefit from a different number font. Other than that I really like all of these.

spacer.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really cool idea for a series and the execution is great as well. Boeing is my favorite, with Android in a close second. McDonalds is really close to being great but I think that it could benefit from a different number font. Other than that I really like all of these.

I actually looked up their typeface, and it's a variant of Helvetica (like everyone else). I went with bolded Arial, but I could try Helvetica-- though I'm not sure it would make a world of difference.

@anythinglogos, that's pretty bad ass. I didn't know about that series-- probably because it was well before I joined. Thanks for sharing, and nice work CAB.

This is great! It's like Hawaii, but better. The sleeve stripes are great though. I really was hoping for a black alternate though.

Since it's based on their visual identity, and black really isn't a part of it, I didn't really consider that. Thanks though!

Thanks for linking to my thread, I'm glad you like it, drdoug!

Your's looks even better though. That Starbucks concept looks amazing, love the bean design. I'm most definitely looking forward to more of these!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Is anyone envisioning a future where this is actually what sports teams are? I can see waking up in 100 years and there are no more Cowboys and Lions and Packers - just corporate teams paying billions of dollars to roided out freak athletes in stadiums that seat 400,000 fans. Scary.

But at least we can sleep well knowing the uniforms will look good!

The last five all look really good. The blue gradients on the Boeing set look really good, and the West Virginia numbers work great. The Starbucks gloves and undershirt are brilliant, and the brown plays really well off the green and white. And I really like the numbers for John Deere.

My only two complaints are, one, the NOBs. I understand that you want to keep them consistent with the brand's typeface, but most of the fonts don't work. They aren't skinny enough. Two, I would link to all the concepts in the original post for easier navigation.

Keep it up though, I'm really enjoying this series!

The last five all look really good. The blue gradients on the Boeing set look really good, and the West Virginia numbers work great. The Starbucks gloves and undershirt are brilliant, and the brown plays really well off the green and white. And I really like the numbers for John Deere.

My only two complaints are, one, the NOBs. I understand that you want to keep them consistent with the brand's typeface, but most of the fonts don't work. They aren't skinny enough. Two, I would link to all the concepts in the original post for easier navigation.

Keep it up though, I'm really enjoying this series!

Done, thanks for the reminder. I usually do that-- guess I forgot this time.

As for the fonts, I hear ya. It is a little weird using such bold, wide fonts for NOBs, but I feel like if I went with something more generic, it would diminish the presentation in a way. Though if these ever saw the field, I'd probably wind up using a standard block font. For branding's sake, I've been just been using their stock fonts though. Thanks for the feedback, man!

Thank you all again. I'm going to wrap this up with one final company, but I just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback on this series.

Alright, team #8: at&t

ATTHelmet.jpg

ATT.png

Like the idea of Taco Bell, though, Fox. YUM! is a big company (owners of TB, A&W, Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, and KFC) with a ton of brands. I could do an entire series on their brand portfolio. I may have one other idea brewing right now, but it's not a for sure. I may just post it later on.

Archived