2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

LeBron had a gutsy performance tonight, but anyone comparing it to Willis Reed or the Flu game is completely out of their mind. Sadly though, this series is all but over and the king will get his ring.

I haven't seen anyone compare LeBron to either of those, but I have seen multiple people call out LeBron for not finishing the game. Frankly, I thought part of the reason he tried to come back was just to show that he tried to like Pierce (even tough I thought that was really exaggerated) or Jordan. That was a clutch 3, but LeBron was clearly too hurt to be effective on both ends.

I'm really happy to see the Heat within a game of clinching (that's something I didn't think I'd be saying.) I've grown to really hate the Thunder, especially Harden and Westbrook, throughout this series.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was INCREDIBLE. LeBron's dagger three was one of the best clutch shots I've ever seen, considering the circumstances: close game in the Finals, Westbrook leading a charge, LeBron being exhausted, injured, and barely able to walk. I don't care what anyone says, that was LeBron's flu game. The Heat were dead in the water, LeBron was in pain, yet he willed them back in a victory they really had no business getting.

Aside from that, he had a Magic-esque performance (12 assists!). Also, Chalmers stepped up bigtime in LeBron's absence, icing the game for good at the line.

Just stop talking already. You're worse than Van Gundy. :puke:

Wow. This game wasn't even close to Jordan's flu game. LO, seriously...Ease up on the deifying. It's like you never watched the NBA before.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That was INCREDIBLE. LeBron's dagger three was one of the best clutch shots I've ever seen, considering the circumstances: close game in the Finals, Westbrook leading a charge, LeBron being exhausted, injured, and barely able to walk. I don't care what anyone says, that was LeBron's flu game. The Heat were dead in the water, LeBron was in pain, yet he willed them back in a victory they really had no business getting.

Aside from that, he had a Magic-esque performance (12 assists!). Also, Chalmers stepped up bigtime in LeBron's absence, icing the game for good at the line.

I don't agree that this was LeBron's flu game, but most of what Light Out has said this whole series has been spot on IMO.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I didn't say it was the same as MJ's flu game, I'm saying this is LeBron's version of it - as in, a signature Finals moment for him when he's held back by some malady. Obviously not as amazing as what MJ did, but I think it'll be remembered as the turning point in LeBron's career.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't agree that this was LeBron's flu game, but most of what Light Out has said this whole series has been spot on IMO.

I'm referring to his constant knobbing of LeBron.

I didn't say it was the same as MJ's flu game, I'm saying this is LeBron's version of it - as in, a signature Finals moment for him when he's held back by some malady. Obviously not as amazing as what MJ did, but I think it'll be remembered as the turning point in LeBron's career.

I know what you meant by it, I just think there's still enough time in LeBron's career where he'll have a better defining moment than this.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, "some malady." Right.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Remember, Jordan was in Finals #5 when the flu hit him. I hope LeBron has a better defining moment than the "cramp in the 4th quarter, and he couldn't finsh the game" game.

I agree. If Lebron were Derrick Rose having the same series Lebron is having, this place would be bowing at Rose's feet and LO wouldn't be getting half the blowback he's getting these days. Like a lot of people around here, I had my doubts about LBJ going into this series. At this point, I think Lebron has pretty well put to rest any doubts people had about his ability to perform "in the clutch." I don't know what else the guy needs to do to "prove himself" to his doubters.

The only reason I'm disappointed that the Heat are up 3-1 is that what looked like an epic series going in all of a sudden looks like it will probably be over in five. Then again, if OKC can find a way to pick up game five, who knows what happens once they get back the cow pastures.

BB52Big.jpg

Westbrook choked big time...

So far that's the signature play of the series.

That's one of the all-time dumbest plays I've ever seen considering the situation. Not quite as bad as Chris Webber calling a timeout when he didn't have one, but its close.

He just plain forgot the game situation and I think the Heat just effectively put the series away tonight assuming LeBron's injury isn't serious. I just don't see OKC beating Miami three straight games.

So you instantly forgot what Harden did in Game 3 with 16 seconds left?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvdRwPRD18A

It's really not a defining game for James when the bigger play is the Westbrook choke. Plus Chalmers played well.

LeBron's played great this series. So I'm not trying to say LO is totally off his rocker saying how good he has been. However, this wasn't a game for LeBron that will be featured in Gatorade commercials in 15 years. It was a great three-pointer, but I hope LeBron has something greater to show us.

The best case scenario for the Thunder once they lost Game 2, was a 3-2 deficit heading back to Miami. They weren't going to win two of three in Miami - this isn't baseball; home court plays up so much more than home field in baseball ever will - but they've put themselves in a large hole, obviously, if they wish to get that one.

The Heat can smell the title. With one chance to summon the trophy on their home floor, I really don't think they let it slip away. Momentum can swing back to the Thunder in a hurry if they can win and force the series back to their court, yes, it's just I don't give them much of a chance of doing that. They've made their own bed of nails - now they either have to lay in it or make a deal with the devil to hold off on having to do that for another few nights.

spacer.png

Did someone just say Kendrick Perkins is going to "abuse" the Heat? Have you ever seen Kendrick Perkins play?

Yes, we have. He is a tough, physical player, and he's going to be playing against a team that doesn't even have a real center. He will be fine.

Perkins is a non-smiling, non-factor. Why is he still even starting?

I say Spoelstra is the real weak link...the guy's "Do something" offenses might do well against the Bobcats, but there needs to be a better plan when you play teams that can actually play defense.

I've seen LeBron be clutch before, as he excelled in the conference semi-finals and conference finals for two straight years with the Heat. I just want to see him take over and be dominant in the NBA Finals. Kobe and Jordan had that mentality. LeBron is still a bit hesitant when the lights are brightest and the stage is paramount. Yes LeBron is better than Wade right now. But watching the game, it was impossible to say "I'd take LeBron over Durant".

So if the Thunder lose the series, is Scott Brooks the real weak link? There are so many "elite" coaches available in any sport and even those with titles may not really be in that class, but get placed into it with the title they win.

I do not want to hear that Westbrook took too many shots tonight since this season, OKC is now 25-6 in games in which Westbrook took more shots than Durant. I'll take sample size every game.

Just like that, 3-1 Heat. I love this series, but hope the Heat close it out at home. LeBron is playing like he's supposed to and it's awesome to watch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Because people like athletes who are humble. People were tiring of the egomaniacal no-title LeBron.

I think Durant's "humble hometown kid" act is beyond fake, and I prefer LeBron's ego. At least LeBron's not putting on a tiresome facade for the media.

"Humble" or "egotistical" are both stupid constructs.

Not really. Peyton Manning is far more enduring to fans because he's humble and he always says the right thing. If he was super cocky, he'd be laughed at.

I understand they are the best in the world. I understand that they have to have egos to get that far. But a little bit of humility goes a long, long way in terms of public perception.

So Durant's going to Mom after Games 2-4 to sulk in a loss makes him more like Peyton Manning in his "humanness" (but with a lot of tats)? I get it, his Mom is essentially a team employee, but it is a bit much for him to immediately go to his Mom after every loss like he expects an orange slice and a Capri Sun.

James is about to take his first step to greatness (well 3rd or 4th maybe!) But let's not get carried away. James' greatest moments are to come. One home win on a bout of man flu doesn't equate to anything Jordanesque yet.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived