2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Robert Horry has 7 rings. That automatically makes him better than Jordan!!!1!1DERP

To reiterate my point, the skill of a player isn't quantified by rings. But certain players are fit to be judged by rings, because their job is to win championships, to lead teams to titles. James and Jordan are two examples of that. Horry, and Pippen and Wade are guys to add extra value to the leader. A guy like Scalabrine is a role player, there not to ruin the team and to fulfill a job, hit three pointers, pass accurately, or whatever.

Championships are a TEAM accomplishment. It's everyone's job, from each player, assistant coaches, the head coach, etc. to do their part and help lead their franchise to a title. Jordan would have zero rings without not only his hard work, but the myriad contributions from Pippen, Rodman, Phil Jackson, and on and on down the line. LeBron's never had that other than last year. It's always been 100% on him thanks to his crap teammates and crap coaches. No wonder he hasn't won a ring yet.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeBron James's job is to be the best player in the NBA and he does just that. It's the job of the entire Miami Heat team to win championships. While one player can carry a team in basketball more than any other sport, it still takes an entire team to win the championship. That's why the Cavaliers never won with LeBron and why the Heat didn't win last year. The Heat still don't have enough quality players on the bench and in their starting lineup besides the Big 3 to take out a quality team in the Finals that don't have those huge holes. And we've only seen he Big 3 go through an entire playoffs once, not much of a sample size. We'll see what happens tonight, but right now I still think it's too early to be calling out LeBron for not coming through. Oh, and right now he has the highest points per game in Game 7s in NBA history. Again, I can't believe I'm defending LeBron so much.

Boston leads the Heat by 7 at the half. To me, this is a bit unexpected. I had just assumed Game 7 would be a full blown Miami rout. Glad to see I was wrong. :D

Unless the world ends. Devils potentially win Cup and a team with a logo that makes no sense going up against the team everyone else loves to hate? Something's rotten in Denmark.

That Boston team should have won more than just one championship. With the Spurs and Celtics out, this all of a sudden feels like a big transition year for the NBA. In a couple of weeks, either LeBron or Durant will have an NBA title. Pretty cool.

Seeing how Miami was just taken to the limit by the Celtics, it's pretty safe to say the Heat would've been pillaged by the Bulls had Rose not shredded his knee. <_<

Another game 7 in hand for 3 quarters, and then offensive self destruction, and the opposition making all the key plays.

"That Boston team should have won more than just one championship." - Yup, they had 2010 in the bag. That was their shot.

This group has now lost the same number of game 7s as the entire franchise did before them, and they've blown the only 3 series in franchise history, when being up 3-2.

For all the title we Boston fans have had since 2001, we have had about an equal number of gut punch losses.

That Boston team should have won more than just one championship. With the Spurs and Celtics out, this all of a sudden feels like a big transition year for the NBA. In a couple of weeks, either LeBron or Durant will have an NBA title. Pretty cool.

Remember, Garnett was hurt in 2009 and did not play in the playoffs. Kendrick got hurt in the 2010 Finals.

That said, tonight, Miami won with defense and only allowing BOS 35 points in the second half and 15 in the 4th.

If MIA can play that defense consistently, they can give OKC trouble. OKC has the lowest assist of any team in the NBA.

You won't be hearing the "Lebron doesn't show up in the 4th quarter of playoff games" from me any more. What I saw tonight was the guy trying to make plays. He didn't hit every shot he took or anything, but no one can accuse him of disappearing in the 4th quarter tonight. And let's not forget that back breaking three he hit from about 6 feet beyond the arc. Or the great assist on the Bosh three from the corner. I'm sold.

The Finals should be good, really good.

Archived