2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.8 PPG through the first three rounds of the playoffs, 30+ points in 6 of 7 games in the Eastern Conference Finals (had 29 the other game), 45 points and 15 rebounds in an elimination game 6, 31 points, including 11 in the 4th quarter, in game 7. Not clutch at all

I'll just say if Miami doesn't have Chris Bosh back they don't win this series.

I don't think its a coincidence that he and Dwayne Wade were tied with the best +/- margin for the Heat in game seven. The Miami Heat simply did not have an answer for Kevin Garnett until Chris Bosh came back into the lineup and to me that was the key of the series for Miami in addition to the way LeBron played and if anyone thinks that he isn't the MVP of the playoffs to this point, I'm sorry you just don't know what your talking about.

So now we got Thunder Heat for the Finals. I'll just say judging from how both teams are built this may not be the last Finals matchup between the two. This is going to be a very fun series to watch unfold no matter what the outcome is.

Robert Horry has 7 rings. That automatically makes him better than Jordan!!!1!1DERP

To reiterate my point, the skill of a player isn't quantified by rings. But certain players are fit to be judged by rings, because their job is to win championships, to lead teams to titles. James and Jordan are two examples of that. Horry, and Pippen and Wade are guys to add extra value to the leader. A guy like Scalabrine is a role player, there not to ruin the team and to fulfill a job, hit three pointers, pass accurately, or whatever.

Championships are a TEAM accomplishment. It's everyone's job, from each player, assistant coaches, the head coach, etc. to do their part and help lead their franchise to a title. Jordan would have zero rings without not only his hard work, but the myriad contributions from Pippen, Rodman, Phil Jackson, and on and on down the line. LeBron's never had that other than last year. It's always been 100% on him thanks to his crap teammates and crap coaches. No wonder he hasn't won a ring yet.

Again, James' job, and Jordan's in the day, is to lead the team, not to be the team. The best player doesn't necesarily win the title every year, but in almost every era, the best player is in the team with most championships (Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Russell). It's not just Lebron's fault he doesn't have a ring yet, but he's not blameless either.

I think it's also worth saying that title winning teams are built over years. The Bulls didn't just get Jordan and sit back and wait, the had to slot the pieces together over time. Maybe if Lebron had re-signed in Cleveland, they would have won last year, but instead he moved on, and now Miami has to build. Maybe they win this year, but I have a feeling that long term it does them good to come off second best this time. (Hard to sack a title winning coach!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cleveland showed no desire to build anything there. He spent 8 years single handedly taking Cleveland to playoffs and even one finals appearance, and the best they could do was Mo Williams and Antwan Jaminson. If he stayed in Cleveland it would have been more of the same

Cleveland showed no desire to build anything there. He spent 8 years single handedly taking Cleveland to playoffs and even one finals appearance, and the best they could do was Mo Williams and Antwan Jaminson. If he stayed in Cleveland it would have been more of the same

Don't forget varejao!!

Seriously though, if the heat play the way they did tonight, big three ballin, and the rest of the team, playing great D and contributing when they can on offense... We're in for a GREAT Finals!! Bosh really turned it on tonight, good to see.

I think Oklahoma City takes it. They aren't going to be awe-struck after already facing the Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs. Miami has been too bi-polar in my opinion....they were once trailing in their series with inexperienced Indiana and old-assed Boston.

I bet Miami regrets "resting up for the playoffs" in those two late-season matchups vs. the Wizards. Had the Heat won just one of those games, they'd have home-court. The Heat only went 18-15 on the road during the season and 4-4 during the playoffs.

OKC hasn't paid their dues yet

Defeating the Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs in the same playoffs didn't pay thier dues already?

I'm going to go with Thunder in six. The fact Miami was pushed to the limit by both Indiana and Boston is a little worrying, and OKC just came off taking down a rampant buzzsaw.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

OKC hasn't paid their dues yet

Defeating the Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs in the same playoffs didn't pay thier dues already?

And when you look at Miami's opponents...OKC has proven more in these playoffs.

OKC in 5

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

We have seen a championship like this before. Flames (Heat is byproduct) vs Lightning (Thunder is a byproduct)

Have we ever had a championship with two singularly named teams against each other (that wasn't a WNBA Finals)? We've got Heat vs Thunder here.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

We have seen a championship like this before. Flames (Heat is byproduct) vs Lightning (Thunder is a byproduct)

Have we ever had a championship with two singularly named teams against each other (that wasn't a WNBA Finals)? We've got Heat vs Thunder here.

And I thought hurricane season was over!

And I thought hurricane season was over!

Yes. Thank You. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLEro98vtWg

Looking back on our predictions, it seems like most of us had Thunder vs. Heat in the Finals lol. I've never seen a year where so many of us had the same prediction. I picked Heat at the start of the season, so I'll go with them in 7. Although, it wouldn't shock me one bit to see the Thunder win.

EDIT: I'm really looking forward to this series. I don't have a rooting interest nor do I hate both teams, so I'm looking for a good, hard fought series. I was so pissed and disappointed that the Kings lost on Saturday, but seeing Boston lose helped ease my pain. Albeit, just a little bit.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived