2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be interesting to see if the Heat can match up with the depth of the Thunder, but if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh come out full force it'll be one helluva battle. I'm rooting for the Heat as Lebron is my favorite player and it'd be really sweet to see the haters get shut up (at least for awhile), but it's not hard to find this Thunder team to be pretty endearing as long as you're not from the Pacific Northwest. Plus, they hammered the Lakers and Spurs so that's another positive.

EDIT: I'm really looking forward to this series. I don't have a rooting interest

Same here, well, sort of. If Miami were playing anyone other than the Thunder (or Lakers) I'd be rooting for them to get the first of those "not one, not two, not three..." rings. It would be nice see Miami silence the haters, but the Thunder are just too much fun and I can't root against them. So I'm just hoping for an insanely good series in which the Thunder prevail in seven. I'll be happy no matter who wins.

Imagine what that OKC crowd is going to be like if we get to see a game six and seven played there.

Thunder in 4.

Lebron misses 5 open 3-pointers in the fourth quarter to lose Game 1, Dwayne Wade hugs his Mom too much before Game 2 and promptly misses the first three quarters, Chris Bosh explodes in Game 3, and Erik Spolstra is forced to play Power Forward in Game 4.

Did someone just say Kendrick Perkins is going to "abuse" the Heat? Have you ever seen Kendrick Perkins play?

Yes, we have. He is a tough, physical player, and he's going to be playing against a team that doesn't even have a real center. He will be fine.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a pretty impressive fact about the Thunder's run to the finals.

Since 1999, only the Spurs, Lakers, and Mavericks have been able to win the Western Conference. In order to break the trend, the Thunder knocked out all three of them.

Did someone just say Kendrick Perkins is going to "abuse" the Heat? Have you ever seen Kendrick Perkins play?

Yes, we have. He is a tough, physical player, and he's going to be playing against a team that doesn't even have a real center. He will be fine.

We must be talking about two different Kendrick Perkins, I'm talking about the one on the Thunder

Perkins is going to guard either Haslem or Anthony, neither which are offensive threats. Perkins is also a non-factor on offense. Don't know how he's going to "punish" the Heat. He won't help in stopping Wade or LeBron.

I cannot understand why, when they have the big 3, the Heat would ever even consider letting guys like Udonis Haslem or Mike freaking Miller take shots. STOP IT ALREADY!!! You would think they would've learned from last years Finals.

I cannot understand why, when they have the big 3, the Heat would ever even consider letting guys like Udonis Haslem or Mike freaking Miller take shots. STOP IT ALREADY!!! You would think they would've learned from last years Finals.

Probably because a 3-on-5 offense is pretty easy to gameplan on defense.

The Thunder win Game 1.

If this holds up and Miami loses the series, they'll be halfway to becoming the Buffalo Bills of baskeball. Just wanted to point that out. ^_^

The Thunder win Game 1.

If this holds up and Miami loses the series, they'll be halfway to becoming the Buffalo Bills of baskeball. Just wanted to point that out. ^_^

At least the Heat have won a title before though.

Archived