2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to my first live NBA game last night with the Blazers in Phoenix.

After watching the Steve Nash show in the first quarter, I was bored. Maybe it was because the Suns controlled most of the game handily, maybe it was because it was two teams I didn't really care one way or the other, or maybe live NBA games kinda suck. It could also be the Suns have a bad in-game experience, but eh.

Maybe when I go to a live Laker game (hopefully in LA) I can change my mind on live NBA games, but for now, I'm not going to go out of my way for a Suns game anytime soon.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

After watching the Steve Nash show in the first quarter, I was bored. Maybe it was because the Suns controlled most of the game handily, maybe it was because it was two teams I didn't really care one way or the other, or maybe live NBA games kinda suck. It could also be the Suns have a bad in-game experience, but eh.

Maybe when I go to a live Laker game (hopefully in LA) I can change my mind on live NBA games, but for now, I'm not going to go out of my way for a Suns game anytime soon.

Yeah, you have to actually care about the teams you are watching, or at least the league itself, to not get bored.

If you are an NBA fan, then I think you need to question how much of a fan you really are, if you got bored that quickly. When I go to a Wizards game, even when they are losing, I'm having a great time.

If you aren't really an NBA fan, then your post is self-explanatory. I would be bored as :censored: at an NHL or NFL game because I don't care about those leagues or sports.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Jamal Mashburn's looking to buy the Hornets from the league.

Given the resume they listed and the lack of a guarantee to keep them in the NOLA, I predict we'll be seeing the Louisville Hornets tip off in the next three years.

You could "connect the dots" that way, but the thought of a franchisee of Papa Johns going into an arena named on their local "competitor" in YUM! Brands (Pizza Hut), could be interesting. Plus, his possible silent partner could be Outback's co-founder, Chris Sullivan also now lives in Louisville as he still owns the restaurant group since they took back the chain privately in '07.

That said, a team in Louisville would be Memphis 2.0 or Charlotte 3.0. It is a college hoops city.

These aren't the "Run-&-Gun HOLY :censored:, WHAT FUN!" Suns of the past decade or so. Steve Nash, IMO, is the only reason why a neutral fan would pay any sort attention to the Suns in 2011-12. Plus the Blazers are kind of vanilla from a casual/neutral aspect as well, so I could definitely understand you being bored at a Suns/Blazers game.

EDIT: The Atlanta Hawks may have had one of the weirdest weeks in recent memory:

Monday: Go to Miami & defeat the Heat (w/ LeBron & Wade. Take note of this) 100-92, in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Tuesday: Lose on the road against the Chicago Bulls 76-74 in a game that was dominated for 3 quarters by the Hawks, only to blow it due to missed free throws and Derrick Rose remembering that he is Derrick :censored: ing Rose.

Thursday: Lose to the Miami Heat 116-109 in one of the ugliest (in terms of entertainment value) Triple-Overtime games in NBA history. This game went to OT due to the Hawks once again missing free throws late in the game. This was despite the Heat having Wade & LeBron inactive. and the game being in Atlanta. All while this is going on, the team is being verbally destroyed by Charles Barkley.

Friday: Go to Charlotte & beat the Bobcats 102-96 in a game that required OT as well. For the 3rd straight game, the Hawks failure to complete basic free throws resulted in the game going to OT.

Saturday: On the back end of a back-to-back-to-back after playing two consecutive OT games (with one game going to triple OT), the Atlanta Hawks come back home & inexplicably blow out the Chicago Bulls 109-94.

Conclusion: What a weird-ass basketball team.

The Jazz are now sitting at 5-3 after last night's win at Golden State, and are on a four game win streak. Very happy to see the quick improvements the team has made the past two weeks, and the young'uns are still playing very well. Hayward especially really stepped up yesterday.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

What is up with the Sixers?

I thought they had a real chance to upset the Heat in the first round of the Playoffs last year. It didn't quite work out, but this team needs to be in the discussion for being the best team in the NBA for the way they are playing right now. Statistically they are the best defensive team in the NBA, they're third in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, 3rd in points scored and 8th in assists. They're leading scorer (Lou Williams) hasn't even started a game this season. That could go both ways, because they're are alot teams out there trying to get their bench involved in games because of the lockout. Early games have not been pretty to watch, although I do see signs that things are getting back to normal, so we'll see how long teams that rely a ton on their bench like Philly and Denver can keep this up for.

I think its safe to say those are the two teams that have probably benefited the most from the lockout, but both were playoff teams last year too, so you can't credit it entirely to the lockout either. Come March if they're still playing this way I'll say they're for real as title contenders but for now I'm not entirely convinced.

Jamal Mashburn's looking to buy the Hornets from the league.

Given the resume they listed and the lack of a guarantee to keep them in the NOLA, I predict we'll be seeing the Louisville Hornets tip off in the next three years.

You could "connect the dots" that way, but the thought of a franchisee of Papa Johns going into an arena named on their local "competitor" in YUM! Brands (Pizza Hut), could be interesting. Plus, his possible silent partner could be Outback's co-founder, Chris Sullivan also now lives in Louisville as he still owns the restaurant group since they took back the chain privately in '07.

That said, a team in Louisville would be Memphis 2.0 or Charlotte 3.0. It is a college hoops city.

Well, at least they wouldn't have to drop that awesome Fleur-de-Bee logo...it's on the Louisville flag and seal too!

bYhYmxh.png

Huge OT win for the Warriors tonight against Miami. Ellis, Wright, Lee, and Robinson all scored over 20

The Warriors three wins this year: New York, Chicago, and Miami

Historically Golden State has been the fastest team in the NBA.

I don't watch many of their games but from the stat lines I'm seeing from them, they appear to be running a transition offense, which is a slow guard heavy half court offense that can be extremely difficult to run, but nearly unstoppable when executed right. That may or may not be what they are doing but their head coach Mark Jackson I thought of as a very physical, slow the pace down point guard during his career and he played under Larry Brown who runs that style of offense, so I would not be surprised at all to see if Golden State was running that offense.

The problem is you need big bodies on offense that can score in order to really make it work and outside of David Lee I don't really see anybody that can do that on the Warriors. They're going to have to rely alot on Dorrell Wright and Monta Ellis to pick up the slack if they can't find another big man to step up both of whom seem to be suffering big time from the layoff, especially Wright.

That's also probably why they're looking into Dwight Howard. Its very hard to work that offense without a legit low post threat and David Lee by himself is not enough.

Lol at the Washington Wizards. They were taken care of easily by the Bulls Derrick Rose/CJ Watson-less Bulls who were running with a small man named John Lucas III. He almost put up a triple double while the Bulls allowed 64. This team is so fun to watch play defense. Omer Asik is a gamechanger, he can honestly shut down anyone. Not even just play defense, like actually shut down. Dare I say he's better than Noah? He's been playing more minutes...

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived