2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

maaan what a ugly game in la...and how is josh mcroberts still in the nba, let alone getting playing time with the lakers?

The game was ugly, not because of great defense, but more so because of horrid offense. Good thing Fish still hits clutch threes.

And Josh McRoberts is awesome. I love that he's a Laker. What he lacks in offensive skill he makes up for by playing with 110% effort.

Odom makes his return to LA tonight. I wonder what the crowd reaction will be. I know he's faced his former team before, but now it's different. We all know the circumstances under which he got traded, so I think there'll be some emotion shown. Hopefully Clippers fans still remember him.

Uhh...

Lamar was drafted by the Clippers bro...

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odom makes his return to LA tonight. I wonder what the crowd reaction will be. I know he's faced his former team before, but now it's different. We all know the circumstances under which he got traded, so I think there'll be some emotion shown. Hopefully Clippers fans still remember him.

Uhh...

Lamar was drafted by the Clippers bro...

I know that "bro" but tonight certainly wasn't his return to LA after an ugly exit, when he just played there two nights ago against the Lakers, the team he left on bad terms

Um, he begged the Clippers to not match his offer sheet with Miami. This was after years of his immaturity dragging down the team. I'd say that's leaving on bad terms. But, by all means, continue your trolling act even though you have no idea what you're talking about.

On a happier note, Chauncey BIG SHOT Billups in the clutch! Reminiscent of when an old Glen Rice beat the Mavs at the buzzer in Staples back in '03.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Um, he begged the Clippers to not match his offer sheet with Miami. This was after years of his immaturity dragging down the team. I'd say that's leaving on bad terms. But, by all means, continue your trolling act even though you have no idea what you're talking about.

On a happier note, Chauncey BIG SHOT Billups in the clutch! Reminiscent of when an old Glen Rice beat the Mavs at the buzzer in Staples back in '03.

How come you don't post your nightly Clippers Nation State of the Union when they get their doors blown off? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I expected our Jazz contingency to do their updates. B)

In all seriousness, I probably won't post about most non-marquee matchups.

Speak of the devil...

(See what I did there?) :P

I'm usually late to this kinds of things (school and such), but that was a good game. Mind you, Chris Paul wasn't on the floor, but Utah managed to destroy the Clippers, and I wasn't seriously expecting that, even without Paul.

The Jazz are playing team basketball well, and while mostly centered around Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson, it seems like someone always steps up when someone else falls back. From highlights I saw, it looked like defense was what killed the Clippers Tuesday. It's great to see Ty Corbin implement a defensive mentality on this team, though the gritty mentality carries over to both ends.

This is looking more like 2003-04, where expectations were low and the Jazz were rebuilding, yet they surprised everyone by coming within a game or two of the playoffs. Of course, we'll have to see once February and March come around when the Jazz hit the road to see how well they play, but they're playing that brand of Jazz basketball now and it's really exciting to see what the future holds.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Haha, I'm with you DustDevil, in that lately I can't get around to game commentary as much thanks to school and all (and frankly, that's probably okay, don't want to appear as an obsessed homer :P). I must say very quickly though, I'm very surprised at how quickly the Jazz have turned things around. I'm still taking things a game at a time and don't want to get ahead of myself at all, but I mean...wow. If you told me two weeks ago that we'd be second in the West, I'd have laughed you away. The Jazz (as of right now) look like a completely different team than the one that played 2-3 weeks ago - and I mean noon-and-midnight different. I was pleasantly surprised at their performances vs. Denver and the Clips especially.

Again, with a team this young, you still have to take things a game at a time and avoid getting too far ahead of things regarding this present season. But with that said, at the moment, the Jazz are playing much better basketball than I would have expected them to play at all this season, and the young'uns just keep getting better. I hope that core can remain intact for a few years, because I can't wait to see what they could do two, three, or even one year down the road.

Also, Big Al and Millsap are making some serious bids at an All-Star appearance. Hopefully the voters give 'em some love.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow, the Lakers are getting completely and utterly outclassed. Kobe's had a putrid night, 4-15 shooting.

So, you can report on every Lakers loss, but not the Clips? Oh, I see how it is. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Last two games have been putrid offensively for the Lakers. Yeesh.

Not much to say about it, except to put it behind them and move onto the next one. This game was particularly awful at both ends though.

Big game for LeBron, too. He was actually really great without Wade out there. Without Wade, LeBron loses that all-encompassing urge to pass the ball and actually uses his ability. It's kinda funny sometimes. And with the lead, he didn't even have to worry about the 4th! :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow, the Lakers are getting completely and utterly outclassed. Kobe's had a putrid night, 4-15 shooting.

So, you can report on every Lakers loss, but not the Clips? Oh, I see how it is. :P

It's Norv Turner's fault.

Clippers play at 10:30, can't wait for some play by play!

Fantastic

spacer.png

It's Norv Turner's fault.

Clippers play at 10:30, can't wait for some play by play!

Because the Cavs are such a dominating death machine.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nice job Kings, first win against Spurs since November of 2007 and first in San Antonio since April 2006. After surrendering only 8 points in the final frame to the Pacers Wednesday, they're definitely are looking better.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

If there was a video for every Knick game according to my Twitter feed, this would be it

Ever since Donnie Walsh left the club I could have told you they were going nowhere.

I can tell you the fall guy is going to be Mike D'Antoni in the end. I don't think he's going to make it through the entire season with the media calling for his head every single day which is what's going on now. But I have no idea anymore who's really running the show in the NYC. If you believe some rumors though Isiah Thomas never really left the Knicks and he's basically still the defacto GM.

Archived