2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

The T-Wolves just signed Love to a 4-year extension...why not 6 years I don't know, but hopefully by the end they'll be good enough that he'll want to re-sign again. He'll be good enough possibly win an MVP...but will the team be good enough for him to be considered?

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/news_kevin_love_resigns_2012_01_25.html

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The T-Wolves just signed Love to a 4-year extension...why not 6 years I don't know, but hopefully by the end they'll be good enough that he'll want to re-sign again. He'll be good enough possibly win an MVP...but will the team be good enough for him to be considered?

The T-Wolves do seem to be headed in the right direction.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

http://www.nba.com/t...2012_01_25.html

A four year contract is the max allowed for a player coming off their rookie contract. Westbrook was given the 'designated player" tag by OKC which allowed them to give him a fifth year. A team can use the "designated player" label once during this CBA.

The T-Wolves do seem to be headed in the right direction.

They do have some good young talent, and arguably one of the most underrated coaches in the NBA; I don't think they're a playoff team this year, but they'll certain make some noise perhaps starting next year.

Gallo also signs a 4 year extension ($42m)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Ah man, tough loss to take tonight in Utah, falling to Toronto in Double-OT. Lots of free throws missed that could have set the game in a different course, but oh well. Gotta give credit to the Raptors. They fought very hard and hit their shots when they needed to.

One thing I have to say though....Paul Millsap was an absolute beast tonight. As if his 30+ points and his sixth double-double weren't enough, he saved the Jazz's bacon in 1OT with an incredible clutch three. The guy was just a monster tonight, and is continuing to have, from my perspective, the best season of his career. I don't mean to sound homerish here, but I'll be heavily disappointed if he doesn't make the All-Star game this year. I don't expect him to be named a starter, but I do believe he's done well enough this season (and it helps that save tonight of course, we've been winning) that the coaches should bring him in. I'm crossing my fingers that they do.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't care how badly the Lakers' players want to deny it... Clippers/Lakers is a rivalry, Heat/Knicks style. I feel like there's been a fight in every Clips/Lakers game for the past two seasons.

Anyway, tough loss for us, but the Lakers were desperate. It's clear that the Clippers are in their heads.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't care how badly the Lakers' players want to deny it... Clippers/Lakers is a rivalry, Heat/Knicks style. I feel like there's been a fight in every Clips/Lakers game for the past two seasons.

Anyway, tough loss for us, but the Lakers were desperate. It's clear that the Clippers are in their heads.

14-4 over the last five years, one team always a contender, one team not so much...not a rivalry

The Hawks have a crazy 5-game trip, in this order:

-at Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land")

-at San Antonio

-at Detroit

-at New Orleans

-at Toronto

Either the Hawks just want to rack up on the frequent flyer miles, or the NBA is just screwing with them...

The Hawks have a crazy 5-game trip, in this order:

-at Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land")

-at San Antonio

-at Detroit

-at New Orleans

-at Toronto

Either the Hawks just want to rack up on the frequent flyer miles, or the NBA is just screwing with them...

I'm pretty sure that every team in the league is gonna have some sort of nonsensical road trip this year. Fact of life in this wacky post-lockout season.

Also, this probably won't even be the roughest patch.

w81g7b.jpg

Welcome to my world. The Clippers (and Lakers) have a long-ass road trip in the middle of every season when the Grammys come to town.

The Suns are really, really bad. They scored a whopping 9 total points in the second quarter, and as I write this, they've only scored 8 points with 1:47 left in the 3rd.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Welcome to my world. The Clippers (and Lakers) have a long-ass road trip in the middle of every season when the Grammys come to town.

Stop it. The Spurs have the same thing in February with the stock show/rodeo, and if the season started on time the Bulls would have to again deal like the Blackhawks with their circus roadtrip; the same with the Bruins in early October.

And I never hear Laker fans complain about it. Probably because good teams deal with what they have to deal with, unlike bad teams such as the Clippers.

The Spurs were also noted in the above post.

Archived