2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Welcome to my world. The Clippers (and Lakers) have a long-ass road trip in the middle of every season when the Grammys come to town.

And I never hear Laker fans complain about it. Probably because good teams deal with what they have to deal with, unlike bad teams such as the Clippers.

The Spurs were also noted in the above post.

Exactly. Plus, NBA players are not living out of a suitcase driving from town to town. They are in chartered planes and staying in top Marriott properties: Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Marriott Marquis in towns with said properties. Travel is more difficult, but it is far from slumming it.

The NBA has has a contract with Marriott for years before a Ritz-Carlton was built next to Staples Center.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hawks have a crazy 5-game trip, in this order:

-at Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land")

-at San Antonio

-at Detroit

-at New Orleans

-at Toronto

Either the Hawks just want to rack up on the frequent flyer miles, or the NBA is just screwing with them...

I'm pretty sure that every team in the league is gonna have some sort of nonsensical road trip this year. Fact of life in this wacky post-lockout season.

Also, this probably won't even be the roughest patch.

w81g7b.jpg

That's the annual "Hawks go west because of P.T. Barnum" trip.

Which I don't mind, because the circus being here in February allows the lady and I to go to the Smokies for a weekend in the winter....

So I just found out in February the Knicks have to play an away game in Toronto because of the 136th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at MSG. There goes their playoff hopes! The NBA is just not fair...

I don't follow.

First, even with that game @TOR in Feb., the Knicks are playing 2 games @TOR and 2 games vs. TOR. That's standard procedure, even in a full-length season.

Secondly, why would that be the NBA's fault? It sounds more like it would be MSG's fault.

Was there meant to be a joke somewhere in there?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Sixers inquired about Amar'e but nothing is brewing. They're also interested in Howard (who isn't?) but I doubt he wants to come here...

Hope you enjoyed your playoff run Knick fans. Last one they are probably going to have for awhile.

Right now the Knicks just have the look of a team totally lost with where to go from here. Can't decide on what style of basketball to play, can't decide if they need to rebuild or win now and can't even decide on a GM.

Also who knows if and when Baron Davis is coming back. If the Knicks had as many wins as games he was supposed to come back for they would probably be leading the Atlantic Division.

Yeah that dunk is sick! I don't really care what people say about him, he is one of the best in the game today. But from what I have read he's not very happy in Miami right now, big surprise right?? It's all just people talking but they seem to think 2014 may be the year of "The Decision, Part 2". Making an early guess that Knicks or Lakers would be his next destination.

You can tell he's the best by how many titles he's won.

I never said he was the best, but rather one of the best. It's impossible to tell who is the best right now. If I had to guess, first that would come to mind would be Kobe. Rose is good too, but after your ignorant comment I guess he wouldn't be because he has no titles. That would also exclude players like Howard, Durant, Carmello, or Nash.

Archived