2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Guys, Lebron is the best player in the NBA.

I'd take DWade and KD over LeBron. Wade's a much better defender, and KD is better overall. Problem is he plays in OKC.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bulls won the season series against Miami and we saw how that turned out in the playoffs. When the playoffs comes, it doesn't matter at all what happened in the regular season. Oh, the guy that would have been guarding LeBron wasn't playing today. There's a real good chance these two teams meet in the Conference Finals. Until then, the games between them don't mean much.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'd take DWade and KD over LeBron. Wade's a much

better defender, and KD is better overall. Problem is he plays in OKC.

Wade isn't even the best player on the Heat, and KD isn't

as versatile as LeBron.

Wade's better than LeBron, guy. Maybe not a better 3-point shooter, but great players aren't really determined by how well they shoot it beyond the arc. Nobody brings up Jordan's 3-point shooting. Career-wise, Wade has a higher FG%, and probably more game winning shots than LeBron. Wade averages more steals and blocks than LeBron. Wade won a Finals almost by himself, and certainly didn't quit last year in the Finals.

But go ahead, keep telling he's not the best guy on the Heat.

And saying KD isn't as versatile is a terrible argument.

Nothing like a LeBron is the best player in the NBA statement to get the pot stirred up.

Especially considering that he is most definitely the best in the NBA right now. LeBron is playing out of his mind this year.

I'm just saying this topic was going along with the usual topics that nobody cares about then you hear LeBron is the best player in the NBA and all of a sudden its like its ESPN First Take during the NBA Finals.

Guys, talk about Miami/Chicago all you want, but they have to get through these guys.

628x471.jpg

neutral-bad-poker-face.png

Excellent use of bad poker face.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

wait just a second, we all know the east goes through these guys:

ramonsessionsx-large.jpg

In all seriousness I think the Heat, Chicago, and Atlanta all have a good shot at the East. In the West Lakers, OKC, and Dallas are looking like the favorites.

The Bulls won the season series against Miami and we saw how that turned out in the playoffs. When the playoffs comes, it doesn't matter at all what happened in the regular season. Oh, the guy that would have been guarding LeBron wasn't playing today. There's a real good chance these two teams meet in the Conference Finals. Until then, the games between them don't mean much.

People don't guard LeBron, they try to hold him under 30

And to the guy saying Wade and KD are both better than LeBron, just stop

People don't guard LeBron, they try to hold him under 30

And to the guy saying Wade and KD are both better than LeBron, just stop

He must have meant Wade and KD combined are better than Lebron. So yeah, two superstars combined are better than one. I would agree.

I honestly the best player in the game is Dwight Howard very slightly over LeBron.

Overall LeBron is the better player, but the way the game is now, Howard does things that nobody else in the NBA does anymore, which I always think you need to take into account with these kinds of debates. You can trade Kevin Durant for LeBron James or Derrick Rose for Chris Paul and I don't think either team would be that much better or worse off. There's no center you can trade Dwight Howard for and not be much worse then you were before. Someone like Ama're Stoudemire who's not even a true center would be the closest and Ama're is not even in the same league as Howard is defensively.

If I had to rank guys I would probably go Howard, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Rose, Kobe, Aldride, Griffin, CP3 and Monta Ellis to round out my top ten.

as versatile as LeBron.

a.) Wade's better than LeBron, guy.

b.) But go ahead, keep telling he's not the best guy on the Heat.

a.) Where, in some alternate reality? I'm certainly not knocking Wade, he's a great player. Lebron is just better.

b.) He should absolutely keep telling you that if for no other reason than because it's true. Look at the Heat's record while Wade was out. Seems to me that, if Wade is indeed the best player on the Heat, the team should have played worse, not better, during his absence.

BB52Big.jpg

I like both LeBron and Wade, but LeBron is just better.

For their careers (which both began in 03), LeBron averages more points, rebounds, and assists per game. As for the stats previously mentioned, which supposedly make Wade better, Wade only shoots .06% better from the field, and averages only .1 more blocks and .2 more steals per game. I'll take 2.3 more points, 2 rebounds, and .7 more assists per game any day.

During their one year together, LeBron played more minutes, averaged more points, rebounds, assists, and steals per game, and shot a higher percentage from the field, 3 point range, and the free throw line.

So far this season, LeBron is second in the league in scoring at 29.2 a game, averages 8 assists and 7.1 assists per game, and is shooting 54.9% from the field and 37.9 from 3 point range

LeBron>Wade

LeBron>the rest of the league

I like both LeBron

LeBron>Wade

LeBron>the rest of the league

Yeah, ok. We get it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I forgot this in my original post, Lebron was 04 ROY, scoring champion in 08, won back to back MVPs in 09 and 10, has been an all-star 7 consecutive seasons, has been first team All-NBA 5 of the last 6 years and either 1st or 2nd team every year since 05, and has been 1st team all-defense the past 3 seasons

I forgot this in my original post, Lebron was 04 ROY, scoring champion in 08, won back to back MVPs in 09 and 10, has been an all-star 7 consecutive seasons, has been first team All-NBA 5 of the last 6 years and either 1st or 2nd team every year since 05, and has been 1st team all-defense the past 3 seasons

Has he ever been NBA Finals MVP? Wade's been a scoring champ, been an All Star for last seven seasons, and been 1st or 2nd team All-NBA the majority of his

career. Who would you rather have in the playoffs? I'd take Dwyane Wade. You can have all the assists and 3 pointers you want, just ask Steve Nash, but when the game's on the line, no one has proven himself better than Wade. It's sad that Wade averages more

blocks than LeBron. Wade is a GUARD.

And Kevin Durant's numbers are far better than LeBron's. Pick any category and Durant wins except for assists. Not bad for a skinny 6'10 guy who can play 4 positions.

[quote name=MDC' timestamp='1327880005'

post='1738750]

as versatile as LeBron.

a.) Wade's better than LeBron, guy.

b.) But go ahead, keep telling he's not the best guy on the Heat.

a.) Where, in some alternate reality? I'm certainly not knocking Wade, he's a great player. Lebron is just better.

Not in the playoffs, he's not. I'll grant you that Miami played well without Wade, but they also won without both Wade and LeBron in the lineup. Does that mean Bosh is the best player? Nope. :D

Really? LeBron isn't good in the playoffs? Then the Pistons, Magic, Celtics, and Bulls must have been God-awful in the playoffs the past couple years, since the Cavs and Heat would have never beaten them without LeBron's contribution... especially in the clutch.

People have taken his two unsuccessful Finals appearances - one of which featured an inexperienced LeBron and a horrible supporting cast against the freaking dynasty Spurs - and used them to demonize him. If MJ played today, he'd be labeled an arrogant, soft choker by playoff loss #2. It seems the level of hate and jealousy people have for athletes is skyrocketing nowadays.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived