LeGooo

2011-12 NBA Season

So, at least until Amare & Carmelo make their return, Jeremy Lin is the :censored: ing man.

Nasty crossover + Absolutely NO help defense from the Wizards = Sick dunk.

Immediately disqualified as impressive because it was against the Wizards.

So, at least until Amare & Carmelo make their return, Jeremy Lin is the :censored: ing man.

It wasn't just the Wizards game though, he's been on fire the last few games.

Does Portland have the infrastructure to cope with an All Star game? At least on the scale that the NBA wants? Hotels etc?

I'm pretty sure if Indianapolis has the infrastructure to handle the Super Bowl, Portland can handle the NBA all-star game.

As mentioned previously, Indianapolis has historically sought to, and been, a major convention center and host to large scale athletic events. The Super Bowl was far from Indy's first rodeo.

Conversely, Portland, to my knowledge, hasn't done this. It's more than a city size issue.

Let's not forget that Indy has the 500 every year, so has had to develop the infrastructure.

I think it's easy to underestimate the impact that a sporting event of the size even of an All Star weekend can have on a city, especially one not used to dealing with the numbers of press and fans invading their town.

Fine then put it another way. If Portland can't play host to an NBA all-star game it doesn't deserve an NBA franchise, because I can't see how a city could support the NBA Finals but not the NBA All-Star game.

Every NBA city has the right to bid on the NBA all-star game as well which leads me to believe the NBA also feels every NBA city is capable of hosting the game as well, otherwise why have that rule other then the NBA doesn't want to tell small market owners to their fact that they can't host the All-Star game if they want to.

This has pretty much been covered but just because someone can do something doesn't mean they want to. And I actually think the NBA has more glamorous aims for it's All Star game than it's Championship series. The Finals sell themselves, the All Star game need selling, and the NBA wants to sell the All Star Weekend partly by putting in destination settings.

I wonder as well if weather isn't a thought for the NBA. Given the compressed schedule the NBA follows even in regular years, you don't want star players either not being able to get to the game or leave it through a closed down airport.

:lol: we might as enjoy it while we can.

It wasn't just the Wizards game though, he's been on fire the last few games.

Yeah, ever since D'Antoni decided to give him some decent PT, he's made the most of it & has become a star in NY after just 3 games. IT'S LINSANITY :lol:

I bet the Warriors are kicking themselves for letting him go. He was a star in the Bay Area before he ever even played a game, and he's proving himself now that he has the opportunity.

Monta Ellis better make the team this year, among Western Conference SGs, he's second in scoring, 1st in assists (1.3 apg ahead of 2nd), 2nd in steals, and 1st in double-doubles

A case could be made for David Lee as well, among Western Conference PFs, he's 4th in scoring, rebounding, and double-doubles. If he was put at center, which he can play and often does for the Warriors, he would be 1st in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, and 3rd in double-doubles

The Warriors have much bigger issues.

While "LeGooo" is now banned, outside of an injury replacement, the Warroirs will fail on yet another owner promise to their season ticket holders.

Monta Ellis better make the team this year, among Western Conference SGs, he's second in scoring, 1st in assists (1.3 apg ahead of 2nd), 2nd in steals, and 1st in double-doubles

A case could be made for David Lee as well, among Western Conference PFs, he's 4th in scoring, rebounding, and double-doubles. If he was put at center, which he can play and often does for the Warriors, he would be 1st in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, and 3rd in double-doubles

While "LeGooo" is now banned, outside of an injury replacement, the Warroirs will fail on yet another owner promise to their season ticket holders.

They're one more home loss away from having to spend two hours signing autographs for STH's...

They're one more home loss away from having to spend two hours signing autographs for STH's...

I was awaiting for that to occur to make them to make new ownership to look even more foolish. Their elimination from the playoffs will also occur by in the next six weeks.

If Lin was on the Bucks no one would give a rats ass and it would get 2 seconds on ESPN.

I was awaiting for that to occur to make them to make new ownership to look even more foolish. Their elimination from the playoffs will also occur by in the next six weeks.

dfwabel hates all Bay Area teams

Tonights Lakers-Knicks game should be fun to watch.

Our offense is awful! No ball movement, and and no off-ball movement. We just stand and watch the ball. It's ridiculous. We should start running the triangle. I'd expect Fish, Kobe, Gasol and Bynum to know enough to teach the others. Too bad we won't do that!

EDIT: How the hell was that a foul on Pau? He fell backwards and a player jumped into him, yet that's a foul? Better to call nothing on that referees.

LINSANITY.gif

Lawd he's cookin already

Wow. Mike Brown is an awful coach.

Props to Lin and the rest of the Knicks for laying it on the Lakers.

Brown needs to stop tinkering with the rotations so much. And, why the hell is Kapano in over Goudelock? What? Mike Brown needs to be a assistant coach where he can just coach defense and let someone else run the team. We're shooting too many jumpers and it's especially baffling considering we have TWO 7-footers.

I remember watching when Lin was balling on the Warriors' summer league team.... so cool to see him embarrass the Lakers tonight.

LINSANITY.gif

Lawd he's cookin already

Fisher: I wonder what this Linsanity is all ab... OH CRAP!