2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was brought up or not, but -

what the hell is going on with Carlos Boozer's spray-on hair?

2012-February-12-15-10-24.jpg

Wow, Carlos is trying to start a new NBA trend I guess...looking foolish on the court...Wait, Birdman already does that.

Larry Andersen is the only athlete that can pull off the spray on hair look.

Not sure if this was brought up or not, but -

what the hell is going on with Carlos Boozer's spray-on hair?

2012-February-12-15-10-24.jpg

Wow, Carlos is trying to start a new NBA trend I guess...looking foolish on the court...Wait, Birdman already does that.

Larry Andersen is the only athlete that can pull off the spray on hair look.

Was talked about extensively on the Monday "Grantland" podcast with Jalen Rose.

Linsanity wins the game in Toronto in 0.5 seconds remaining. :shocked:

If this was a month ago and without Jeremy Lin, they would be blown out of Canada.

Seriously this is insane.

I watched most of the game... and I just went: OH :censored:

I saw, I came, I left.

Plus, for all the handwringing about bad NBA markets, the chronically-irrelevant Bobcats, who are trotting out what might be the worst team in NBA history this year, still draw only slightly less people to their home games on average than the defending Stanley Cup champion Bruins... and their arena's capacity is about the same as TD Garden's.

Tonight's Bobcats game supposedly had 13,700 in attendance.

Looking at the pictures of the game and the swaths of empty seats, I'm gonna go out on a branch and say that the Bobcats are inflating numbers a bit.

Yeah, you're WAY off on this one, LO. To say that the Bobcats are drawing on nearly the same level as the Bruins is a tad bit on the ridiculous side. Might want to take the L on this argument. :P

Also, JEREMY LIN, Y U SO LINSANE?

If this was a month ago and without Jeremy Lin, they would be blown out of Canada.

Please remember that his +/- is not great, neither is his assist/turnover ratio and the teams they are playing are the lesser fifth of the NBA.

The current NYK/Mike D'Antoni system can allow for him to handle the ball for 17 seconds a possession and either shoot it or get an assist. His contract is now set for this year, but so is the opportunity (after the All-Star break) for him to be broken down. Plus, Lin will be in Orlando due to an "injury" from some player. That just means more games and less rest for him.

Please remember that his +/- is not great, neither is his assist/turnover ratio and the teams they are playing are the lesser fifth of the NBA.

The current NYK/Mike D'Antoni system can allow for him to handle the ball for 17 seconds a possession and either shoot it or get an assist. His contract is now set for this year, but so is the opportunity (after the All-Star break) for him to be broken down. Plus, Lin will be in Orlando due to an "injury" from some player. That just means more games and less rest for him.

Yeah, he had more turnovers than a pastry shop early in the game. Yeah, they are mostly playing against weaker teams during this stretch, but hey, if you're team needs to show improvement, you have to at least beat the teams you're "supposed" to beat.

iSweIaDaG3OfS.gif

I saw, I came, I left.

shade-throwing

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5186-1328634328-8.gif

I'm now going to comment on the Linsanity situation. I think he's legit. I saw him play with Harvard, and he is good. Because I said that, Linsanity is going to die very soon, because everytime I get on a bandwagon, it collapses.

RIP Linsanity. It was fun while it lasted.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah, he had more turnovers than a pastry shop early in the game. Yeah, they are mostly playing against weaker teams during this stretch, but hey, if you're team needs to show improvement, you have to at least beat the teams you're "supposed" to beat.

The funny thing is that the Knicks were one of the teams everyone was "supposed" to beat before Jeremy Lin exploded onto the scene. I'm awfully slow to warm up to these kind of Tebowmania/Linsanity stories, but damn this has been a fun one to watch.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm now going to comment on the Linsanity situation. I think he's legit. I saw him play with Harvard, and he is good. Because I said that, Linsanity is going to die very soon, because everytime I get on a bandwagon, it collapses.

RIP Linsanity. It was fun while it lasted.

I actually think he's the real deal. Granted, he will have some bad games in the future because everyone has bad games. Give him a couple of more years and I think he'll be among the best point-guards in the NBA. Linsanity will never die with his Asian following. I guarantee it. Look how they supported Yao, who wasn't flashy. Now, throw in an elite (I know he's not yet elite, but he will be) Taiwan/Chinese-American point guard who hits game-winning shots and has a deceptively quick first step? Linsanity won't die until he's done playing.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

David Stern is probably going to rig the ASG to get Lin in there to capitalize on this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

He's going to be participating in the Rookie/Sophomore challenge or whatever that is.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Its not rookies vs sophmores any more, its now the Rising Stars Game and its run like the NHL ASG and Shaq and Charles Barkley picked the teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived