2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The AARP has given honorary membership to Greg Oden in light of his injuries.

Oden is the posterboy of GE's healthcare technology.

Oden tried the Benjamin Button approach...and is now stuck at age 55.

Oden, Sam Bowie, Danny Manning and Shawn Livingston are about the only people who can break legs sitting down at a poker game.

Oden's been breaking his legs because his dad's been stealing all his "Move Free" joint relief pills.

Oden's least favorite board game: Twister.

Oden's least favorite snack: pretzels.

When Oden saw the logo of his drafted team (Blazers' cartwheel) on his draft night, he said to himself, "oh :censored:."

Oden's the only person God has ever punished everytime he flops horribly.

Oden's least favorite song growing up: "Jump, Jump" by Kris Kross.

Oden cringes everytime he sees a Subway footlong get wrapped-up and twisted before being bagged at the cashier.

Oden has had neck pains ever since his friends dared him to do the Matrix as a kid.

Oden will not play NBA games in the Midwest during March-April because of the chances of twisters forming there.

Oden unfortunately recieved a "swirlie" as a kid...he broke his left leg while walking to science class.

Oden will break his bones while doing yoga if he does the "sit down and rest" technique.

I actually chuckled

Of course you would, Frank. I don't think you've been accused of being funny too many times, either. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here's mine

Superman is the man of steel

Greg Oden is the man of Balsa Wood. :grin:

Alan-Shemper-1312471278.jpg

"When I played for the Trail Blazers we used to draw up our plays on cave walls. I played for them so long ago that the ball was a rock."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Looks like Iman Shumpert is out of the Dunk Contest. Oh my God, that means no Linsanity!!! Quick, put him in the 3-point contest. Maximize exposure. MAXIMIZE! EXPOSURE!

Jeremy Evans of the Jazz will replace Shumpert.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looks like Iman Shumpert is out of the Dunk Contest. Oh my God, that means no Linsanity!!! Quick, put him in the 3-point contest. Maximize exposure. MAXIMIZE! EXPOSURE!

simpson1th.gif

About time he got recognition. ^_^

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

simpson1th.gif

About time he got recognition. ^_^

No kidding! Totally stoked for Jeremy, I think he'll do great. Also, looks like Derrick Favors will play alongside Gordon Hayward in the Rising Stars (or whatever it's called now :P) game. I'm glad to see that the Jazz will be well represented in Orlando, even if it isn't for the All-Star Game itself (I have a few choice words to say about Jefferson getting left out, but I'll refrain).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Rosters for the Sophmore/Rookie Challenge

Team Shaq

Starting Lineup (Guessing)

C-Greg Monroe

PF-Blake Griffin

SF-Landry Fields

SG-Jeremy Lin

PG-Ricky Rubio

Bench

G-Norris Cole

G-Brandon Knight

F-Markieff Morris

F-Tristan Thompson

G-Kemba Walker

Team Chuck

C-DeMarcus Cousins

PF-Gordon Hayward

SF-Paul George

SG-Kyrie Irving

PG-John Wall

Bench

G/F-MarShon Brooks

G/F-Kawhi Leonard

C/F-Tiago Splitter

G-Evan Turner

F-Derrick Williams

I'm liking team Shaq in this and its because of Blake Griffin. Both teams are really deep at the guard position, Chuck has some better swingmen, but they don't have an answer for Blake Griffin. That's the one real mismatch I see and I think that's going to be the difference.

Team Chuck

C-DeMarcus Cousins

PF-Gordon Hayward

SF-Paul George

SG-Kyrie Irving

PG-John Wall

Bench

G/F-MarShon Brooks

G/F-Kawhi Leonard

C/F-Tiago Splitter

G-Evan Turner

F-Derrick Williams

Just a friendly heads up, I believe Derrick Favors replaced Splitter due to injury.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Team Chuck

C-DeMarcus Cousins

PF-Gordon Hayward

SF-Paul George

SG-Kyrie Irving

PG-John Wall

Bench

G/F-MarShon Brooks

G/F-Kawhi Leonard

C/F-Tiago Splitter

G-Evan Turner

F-Derrick Williams

Just a friendly heads up, I believe Derrick Favors replaced Splitter due to injury.

He did. Late scratch.

Archived