2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

It's the NY/LA/Chicago bloc + Golden State that really doesn't want any more doubling or tripling up of existing markets. There's a lot of lobbying power among those owners. Anaheim's not gonna happen.

The league ownership also likes the ability to decide who gets to be in their club. The Maloofs' name may be on the stationary, but Samueli would be running the show in all actuality in the event of an Anaheim move.

EDIT-You know, the fact that the NBA finalized the flipping of the Hornets today to Benson as well possibly indicates they are indeed prepping to take the Kings over.

Problem is they can't take the Kings over until the Maloofs can no longer financially run the team. And the Maloofs have made no overtures to that end yet. Despite the fact they're acting poor in the arena negotiations they've not yet declared bankruptcy or done any thing else that would allow the NBA to take over.

Anybody with half a brain can tell the Maloofs can no longer financially run the team. The fact they haven't officially made overtures to that regard is immaterial since you can just look at the state of the Kings organization and other aspects of the Maloofs' business enterprise and come to a same conclusion.

Alternatively, the fact the the arena deal they just killed would have seen the NBA "loan" the Maloofs $67 million of their contribution and flat out gift the rest could be used as evidence that they lack the financial wherewithal to run a basketball team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the NY/LA/Chicago bloc + Golden State that really doesn't want any more doubling or tripling up of existing markets. There's a lot of lobbying power among those owners. Anaheim's not gonna happen.

The league ownership also likes the ability to decide who gets to be in their club. The Maloofs' name may be on the stationary, but Samueli would be running the show in all actuality in the event of an Anaheim move.

EDIT-You know, the fact that the NBA finalized the flipping of the Hornets today to Benson as well possibly indicates they are indeed prepping to take the Kings over.

Problem is they can't take the Kings over until the Maloofs can no longer financially run the team. And the Maloofs have made no overtures to that end yet. Despite the fact they're acting poor in the arena negotiations they've not yet declared bankruptcy or done any thing else that would allow the NBA to take over.

Anybody with half a brain can tell the Maloofs can no longer financially run the team. The fact they haven't officially made overtures to that regard is immaterial since you can just look at the state of the Kings organization and other aspects of the Maloofs' business enterprise and come to a same conclusion.

Alternatively, the fact the the arena deal they just killed would have seen the NBA "loan" the Maloofs $67 million of their contribution and flat out gift the rest could be used as evidence that they lack the financial wherewithal to run a basketball team.

Problem is you've got to prove it before you can expel them and take the franchise unless they're willing to leave of their own accord (which they're not). And unfortunately the other owners aren't going to compel them to produce documents etc... for fear of the same being done to them some day.

In other news Anaheim City Council has apparently been in contact with the Maloofs recently about them moving. So it's looking like Anaheim is very much on their twisted Maloof minds.

LA does not need three teams. Even they moved to Anaheim, would they still keep the name the Kings? It'd be weird considering there is a hockey team with the same nickname. The Kings need to stay in Sacramento or move to Seattle and become the Supersonics, moving to Anaheim is the wrong thing to do.

If they moved to Anaheim the name was going to be changed to the Royals last year. I assume the same thing will happen if they somehow weasel their way in there next year.

The Maloofs have another reason to be proud: Since the Clippers are pretty much in this year, the Kings are one of 2 teams not to make the postseason since 2007(other is Minnesota). Hard to believe the team was in for 8 straight year prior to that. In addition, I have a feeling that the Timberwolves are gonna make it pretty soon with Love and D-Will.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Hawks have had an interesting 2 day stretch. They had a home-&-home w/ the Raptors on Sunday & Monday. The Hawks had a chance to clinch a playoff spot on Sunday in front of their own crowd. They proceeded to get blown out by the Raptors. The guards ended the first half shooting a scorching 1-15. So of course, in typical Enigmatic Hawks fashion, they go to Toronto and run the Raptors out of their own gym to clinch a playoff spot in Toronto.

This team continues to make absolutely no damn sense. The only thing for sure with this team is that they'll make the playoffs and probably bow out in the 2nd round. Other than that, you have NO idea what can happen with these guys from night to night. It's baffling.

That being said, with baseball season underway and basketball season basically relegated to jockeying for seeding, I've pretty much clocked out of the regular season and I'm ready for playoff basketball. It's time.

Pretty good night for the Clippers last night... finally clinched the playoffs AND took the season series against the Thunder.

Hooray for CP3, Griffin, DJ, Caron, Chauncey, Mo, Nick Young, Reggie, Bledsoe, Foye, Gomes, Kenyon Martin, and anyone else in the NBA other than Vinny Del Negro!!

Fixed that for you. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Pretty good night for the Clippers last night... finally clinched the playoffs AND took the season series against the Thunder.

Hooray for CP3, Griffin, DJ, Caron, Chauncey, Mo, Nick Young, Reggie, Bledsoe, Foye, Gomes, Kenyon Martin, and anyone else in the NBA other than Vinny Del Negro!!

Fixed that for you. B)

I was being a bit cheeky, and sure the Clippers have a good roster, but it constantly frustrates me when fans blame coaches for all defeats and congratulate players for all victories. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Players make mistakes in defeats, coaches do their bit in wins.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Just realized that is the Knicks and Sixers grab the last two playoff spots in the East, then the same exact set of teams from the Eastern Conference playoffs last year will have made it again this year.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

After three quarters, the Pistons lead the Cavs 100-50. It was only a 23-point lead at halftime....

I wouldn't say the Cavs are tanking the season, but they could definitely be doing more to win games.

Both Irving and Vejejao could play if needed.

Marvelous tank job, Cavs. Now all we need is for someone to intentionally brick and get the rebound to pad their stats, Ricky Davis-style.

Like I said I wouldn't go as far to say they are tanking because I could see why a team would want to sit out a star player late in the year if they aren't 100% and they are out of the playoffs.

What I reject is how the NBA handles these injuries. You can list a player as being day to day for the entire regular season if you want to. You can also go up to an hour before tip off to list a player as being out.

I think for the regular season at least you should have to post your injury list at least three hours before game time and if your out three straight games and you don't play in the fourth straight either, your out for the next ten games. And I would make it retroactive over the next five games as well. Meaning you have to play in the next five games after taking three off. If you don't, you miss ten straight games. League would also hold the right to review the minutes played meaning if the Lakers are playing Kobe Bryant three minutes a night to work around this rule they would be hit anyway with the violation anyway. The only way you could miss four straight games and not be hit with a suspension would be to announce a particular player would not be playing in these games advance (ie. you could list a guy day to day for one game and before the start of said game in the injury report say he would be out for the next three as well.)

Strongly doubt you'll see any type of injury reform because its one of those things that both the players and the owners like, but from the fans side of things that's what I think should be done, or something similar to it.

Why the hell would you risk aggravating injuries (see: making them even worse) to your star players when you're still rebuilding and out of contention?

The Cavs started Omri Casspi, Anthony Parker, and Donald Sloan, in addition to playing Manny Harris, Samardo Samuels, Lester Hudson, and Luke Walton at least 20:00. Plus a rookie in Tristan Thompson and an old dude in Antawn Jamison.

Does anyone expect this group of guys to do anything?

6fQjS3M.png

Pmoehrin you come up with some crazy rules

If feel like if I don't be ultra specific I'm going to have four guys talk about all the loopholes and ways you can get around it. Its also tough to really be specific giving it only five minutes of thought so I could easily understand if what I was saying gets lost in translation.

But I don't think its right teams for teams like the Cavs to continuously list guys like Kyrie Irving day to day for half a month the whole time claiming their close to coming back. You can't do this in baseball. Your allowed to list somebody day to day for ten days and then you either have to take him off the DL or move him to the 15 day. That's basically all I'm trying to say with the NBA while trying to take into account some of the differences between the two leagues.

I don't except anything like that to ever be seriously considered by the NBA though. Its more of a criticism on how they screw fans over by essentially engaging in false advertising.

After three quarters, the Pistons lead the Cavs 100-50. It was only a 23-point lead at halftime....

I wouldn't say the Cavs are tanking the season, but they could definitely be doing more to win games.

Why would they need to play? Do we care about beating Detroit? Do we need people to show up to meaningless games?. Also, we NEED to lose. I understand a worse record doesn't guarantee a better pick, but it sure helps. When they traded Sessions to the Lakers, it ended any playoff chance and the draft pick we received will help them get another lottery pick.

Why would they need to play? Do we care about beating Detroit? Do we need people to show up to meaningless games?. Also, we NEED to lose. I understand a worse record doesn't guarantee a better pick, but it sure helps. When they traded Sessions to the Lakers, it ended any playoff chance and the draft pick we received will help them get another lottery pick.

If they want to bench guys who aren't at 100% late in the season when they really have nothing to play for that's fine. I get the that teams and players sometimes have to consider what's best long term for them over fan interests and this is one of them. The Cavs are also far from being the first to do it or the only team in the NBA that's doing it. Golden State, New Jersey, Portland, Toronto and Washington all are doing pretty the same thing as well to some extent.

The only point I was trying to make is teams shouldn't be able to claim guys are 50/50 whether or not they can play in tonight's or tomorrow night's game for weeks on end. That's the BS part of it.

If they want to bench guys who aren't at 100% late in the season when they really have nothing to play for that's fine. I get the that teams and players sometimes have to consider what's best long term for them over fan interests and this is one of them. The Cavs are also far from being the first to do it or the only team in the NBA that's doing it. Golden State, New Jersey, Portland, Toronto and Washington all are doing pretty the same thing as well to some extent.

The only point I was trying to make is teams shouldn't be able to claim guys are 50/50 whether or not they can play in tonight's or tomorrow night's game for weeks on end. That's the BS part of it.

Caveat Emptor

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived