2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Interesting thing from Portland/Deadspin, Blazers owner Paul Allen made a weird octopus rage comic targeting a local columnist. Observe:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/11/2012/04/allenragecomic.png

It's not particularly funny or well done, but it's....something.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thing from Portland/Deadspin, Blazers owner Paul Allen made a weird octopus rage comic targeting a local columnist. Observe:

http://img.gawkerass...enragecomic.png

It's not particularly funny or well done, but it's....something.

Don't know much about Canzano other then he pretty much knocks the Blazers every chance he gets. Sometimes justifiably sometimes not.

I don't think what Allen did was right and I would hope the NBA levies some heavy fine against him, but at the same time I could understand it. If all somebody has to say about you is that you essentially suck after awhile you are going to take it personally. Problem is anyone in a position of power is going to get criticized and not matter how harsh it may be most of the time all you can do is just sit there and take it. Goes with the territory. Don't like it, sell the team. Best you can do is just go out and prove why they are wrong.

I just look at this as somebody who's probably an egomaniac attacking somebody who's probably a ahole. Allen is probably going to get fined by the NBA and Canzano is going to have to try to explain what he did to make what would seem to be one of the most mild mannered owners in all of sports so angry.

From Last week the Bickering Nets announcers

I guess its a good thing nobody is watching this team play.

Also click here to see what Eagle was freaking out about. Fratello was doing what a color guy should do - informing the viewer. Eagle was just being a prick.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That about sums up New Jersey Nets Basketball nobody is watching any way, the only thing interesting is our crazy Russian Owner threatening Mark Cuban if he signs Deron Williams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Bulls beat the Bobcats by 32 without Rose and Deng. They scored nine points in the fourth quarter. I'm starting to question the extent to which Charlotte got a team back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

From Last week the Bickering Nets announcers

I guess its a good thing nobody is watching this team play.

Also click here to see what Eagle was freaking out about. Fratello was doing what a color guy should do - informing the viewer. Eagle was just being a prick.

Well both sides are claming that it was a joke in another twist.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1062656

I don't listen to Nets games so I have no clue whether or not they actually do this on a somewhat regular basis. Could be saying the truth, or both guys could simply just be trying to keep their jobs.

I don't know about you guys but this is a new one for me though. I don't even know what to say. Its either is a joke or one of the most bizare things ever to happen on the air.

Claiming it was a joke is called "damage control." They just got pissed and Eagle lost his composure.

twitter

Deadspin's saying Dwight Howard called the Magic owner during a game to say it's either him or Van Gundy. Dwight's all butthurt from getting pantsed with the whole awkward press conference.

twitter

Deadspin's saying Dwight Howard called the Magic owner during a game to say it's either him or Van Gundy. Dwight's all butthurt from getting pantsed with the whole awkward press conference.

Think that was pretty much inferred by Van Gundy even before the press conference so I don't know why the media is jumping on it now. I would say its 50/50 on Van Gundy coming back even if the Magic somehow manage to win the NBA title. If they get bounced in the first round the only question will be are the Magic going to wait until the playoffs are over before canning him or are they just going to do it right away? At this moment Stan Van Gundy is the definition of a lame duck head coach.

And the fact that the owner is directly involved shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that knows anything about the NBA either. Even if you don't know anything about the NBA for that matter it really shouldn't be all that surprising. No GM would ever give a player that type of power. He would be traded or released/go unsigned first.

And Dwight Howard is out for the season as per ESPN and is getting back surgery.

Here is the Orlando Magic season as it is now, it could change but right now this picture perfectly illustrates it...

Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Howard is also going to be out for the Olympics too.

Herniated discs are nothing to be messed with. You can put alot of blame for Howard on ALOT other things, but I wouldn't try playing with a herniated disc if I didn't feel like I could go.

That's also basically it for the Magic. I don't think any team relies more on one player then the Magic do on Dwight Howard. You take him out of the lineup and the Magic aren't that far off from the Bobcats in terms of talent. Its great for Indiana or whoever gets Orlando because now all of a sudden they have maybe the easiest first round matchup in recent NBA playoff history.

Dang it, I was really hoping the Clippers would've snagged one from Phoenix last night. That would've made a little more separation between the Jazz and Suns at the eight spot, and would have been crucial as (I believe) Phoenix holds the tie-breaker. This puts even more pressure on the Jazz not only on Tuesday vs. Phoenix, but to win out, period. The Jazz have unfortunately been very streaky it seems during this season, so I hope they don't turn on the "OOPS FURGOT HOW 2 PLAYZ! LOLZ" button like they're prone to do for the next week. Definitely on the edge of my seat...after all the gut-wrenching crap that happened last season and the low expectations many had for the team, just making the playoffs would be a huge accomplishment.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Herniated discs are nothing to be messed with. You can put alot of blame for Howard on ALOT other things, but I wouldn't try playing with a herniated disc if I didn't feel like I could go.

That's also basically it for the Magic. I don't think any team relies more on one player then the Magic do on Dwight Howard. You take him out of the lineup and the Magic aren't that far off from the Bobcats in terms of talent. Its great for Indiana or whoever gets Orlando because now all of a sudden they have maybe the easiest first round matchup in recent NBA playoff history.

I actually disagree with part of that second paragraph. Yes, Orlando is basically road-kill in the playoffs now, but it's still insulting to compare them to the Bobcats. This edition of the Charlotte Bobcats may very well be the worst team in NBA history. No team in the league can compare to them, even sans their best player.

spacer.png

I actually disagree with part of that second paragraph. Yes, Orlando is basically road-kill in the playoffs now, but it's still insulting to compare them to the Bobcats. This edition of the Charlotte Bobcats may very well be the worst team in NBA history. No team in the league can compare to them, even sans their best player.

To say the Bobcats are actually that bad I think lets them off the hook. This is a team that just a team that just flat out quit both on the season and their coach who right now is exhibit B of a lame duck head coach. If they actually tried I would say they would have at least double their win total on the season. All they did this year was get off to a bad start and then say screw it were done trying. After that early season OT loss to Atlanta they basically just crawled into the fetal position and remained that way from that date on.

If the organization wants to show they care they should refund at least half of the money season ticket holders spent on going to see them play (think its only fair considering they gave half effort on the year and that may be a kind assessment) and issue a public apology in the Charlotte Observer. If your going to quit on the year like they did, you might as well just save everyone the time and forfeit every game on the year. I don't know if its the worst NBA team I've ever seen, but it might be the most disgraceful in terms of the effort they put forward.

You know what hurt Dwight Howard's back?

Straining himself while throwing the coach and team under the bus?

twitter

Archived