2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't, and will never be as dirty/classless as the bad boy Pistons of the 80's. I agree with what Adande said in his article, however long Harden is out from the concussion, MWP should be suspended longer. Like, the first game Harden can play again, World Peace should have to sit at least two additional games. I think that's fair.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I don't want to spark the 1000 year old debate or sound like a d*ck, but people, stop referring to your favorite sports teams as "we" You are not a member of that team, you have nothing to do with their success

That'd be the 8000th time somebody's brought it up, but *shrug* it's a bad habit that pretty much everybody does around here at one point or another.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't want to spark the 1000 year old debate or sound like a d*ck, but people, stop referring to your favorite sports teams as "we" You are not a member of that team, you have nothing to do with their success

That'd be the 8000th time somebody's brought it up, but *shrug* it's a bad habit that pretty much everybody does around here at one point or another.

Agreed. I used to get annoyed at it, but now at this point, I really don't care because the people who complain about it are more annoying than the people who say "We."

Also, there's no way in hell that MWP isn't going on mandatory vacation for that one. Awful timing as well, since the suspension is probably gonna cut into the playoffs, and this isn't a year where the Lakers can just sleepwalk through to the Western Conference Finals.

regarding Peace on Earth...

Look, it was bad. It seems even worse in slow motion. But Artest wasn't moving in slow motion. When I watch the replay in real-time, the elbow looks almost inadvertent. I'm not saying it was, because there's no way anyone celebrates like that. But to me it really did not seem as if Ron had sought Harden out; some say it was premeditated, I disagree. Perhaps most telling is his reaction, as it looks like he was seriously confused or unsure how bad the blow was. It looks like more of a "heat of the moment" play in which Ron's adrenalin took over his common sense. I don't want to see him get a Torres-like suspension. 5 games should be plenty.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

76ers clinch a playoff berth which makes it official: the same eight teams from the eastern conference last year are in the playoffs again this season. I'd like to know when the last time something like this has happened. Anybody have an idea?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I think Ron Artest should sit the remainder of the season and the first round of the playoffs. That sounds good to md since Harden will miss most of the first round if not the whole thing. Concussions are very serious and we have seen how long it can take people to recover from them.

In other news, the Nets played their final home game in New Jersey....In all serious though I attended the game tonight and the Rock was ELECTRIC. I have not seen this many Nets fans cheer since Deron's first game in NJ. And the halftime tribute was incredible. Great way to celebrate 35 years of New Jersey Nets Basketball. The tribute videos with former players talking about wishing the team the best of luck in Brooklyn and saying good bye to New Jersey were great as well. Some players who did this were, Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Lawrence Frank, Bryan Scott, Vince Carter, and Brian Scalabrine (why not?). But the coolest part about the game, during the timeouts and the halftime show every single Nets roster went around the arena and every single players name was shown. But as always, the Nets will always be an afterthought when it comes to the NBA. Only one more game left ever, and I am pretty depressed about it.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Metta World Peace has been suspended 7 games by the league for that elbow.

Little more then what I thought he would get but if that happened at the mid-way point of the regular season it would probably be around 10.

That was just an unprovoked cheap shot. Plain and simple.

Metta World Peace has been suspended 7 games by the league for that elbow.

Little more then what I thought he would get but if that happened at the mid-way point of the regular season it would probably be around 10.

That was just an unproken cheap shot. Plain and simple.

Agreed. The 7 game suspension is deserved.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The scene in Salt Lake: 88-100, Confetti.

The scene at my house:

jim-carrey-dance.gif

:P So stoked. Can't believe they made it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Utah is gonna be a good team for years to come, they have a lot young talent, probably the most in the league. And their front line is loaded

Given that they can keep the core together (which I'll admit; I'm worried about), I think they can be really great down the road. I know I've said it often, but I couldn't be prouder of and more impressed with the young'uns (as well as Tyrone Corbin. What a coaching job he's done, very impressed). Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Burks...they've all stepped up big time this year. I really, really hope we can keep them together for a few years. If they develop into what I believe they could be, I think we're looking at a potentially scary team.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Obviously Burks and Kantar are on rookie first round deals, so they'll be there for at least 3 more years (after this one) and Hayward 2 more. I think Utah is going to have to decide between Milsap and Favors, and I love Paul Millsap, but Favors is the obvious choice. If I were the Jazz, I would trade Millsap this offseason and give Favors the extension that he is due (his rookie deal is up this year right?)

I believe the Jazz lost their first round pick to Minnesota, it was lottery protected iirc, but they could be getting a pick around 8th from Golden State. If they get that draft pick, paired with what they have now and what they could possibly get for Millsap, the Jazz are looking good. Even without a first round selection, the Jazz are in a really good position for both the present and the future

Archived