2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

I'm all for a 5-game series in the first-round. More chances for upsets and now because of the 7-game series, the first round just drags out way too long.

And, I'm absolutely baffled that Bynum doesn't get more touches. He's got 11 points right on 5 of 5 shooting. Lakers will always lose in Denver if they keep turning the ball over and if they don't feed Bynum. The Lakers piss me off when they settle for long-distance shots, which is not a strength, instead of giving it to the strength which is Pau and Bynum.

Just FEED BYNUM the damn ball Lakers. It's not rocket science. Also, when Bynum has the ball, stop watching him. It allows Denver to double Bynum. We have to have constant movement on offense. I don't understand why we don't do so.

I have a feeling Denver will win this game then the Lakers win game 5 and 6 so World Peace is back in time for the Thunder :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you referees for not calling fouls on those two Gallanari flops at the end of the game!! Man, I'm glad I was wrong about tonight's game. Good job Lakers!

On kind of sad news, for those local Lakers fans, tonight's game was the last telecast on KCAL 9, regardless if the Nuggets force a Game 6. They've one of the Lakers broadcasting partners for 35 years. Through Showtime, Shaq and Kobe, then Kobe and Pau.

But, good win tonight Lakers!

I'm all for a 5-game series in the first-round. More chances for upsets and now because of the 7-game series, the first round just drags out way too long.

And yet with the 76ers' imminent dispatching of the Bulls, there will have been more 8-over-1s in the best-of-seven era than there ever were when it was best of five. Statistical anomaly, of course—the Warriors beat the Mavericks thanks to a once-in-a-lifetime array of mismatches, and the 76ers will beat the Bulls because the Bulls' best player landed funny—but it's not like we've taken away some major upset potential. If anything, the Washington Bullets and Charlotte Hornets and such seem like they rolled over and died faster than the low seeds of today.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If anything, the Washington Bullets and Charlotte Hornets and such seem like they rolled over and died faster than the low seeds of today.

Or maybe there was just less fixing back then.

You might want to double-check your thoughts on the Bullets, though - they fought hard in the playoffs every year they made it. Often extending series to 5 games (out of 5) and let's not forget the legitimate fight they put up against exalted Chicago in 1997.

Very true, but 7 game series in the first-round are way too long in in my opinion.

I don't know. I root for a team that usually doesn't make the playoffs, but I still like the longer series because I just like watching basketball. It does appear to allow more room for upsets and drama. Within reason, the more NBA games I have a chance to see, the better. I'd rather see 7 NBA games than 5 NBA games.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Thank you referees for not calling fouls on those two Gallanari flops at the end of the game!! Man, I'm glad I was wrong about tonight's game. Good job Lakers!

On kind of sad news, for those local Lakers fans, tonight's game was the last telecast on KCAL 9, regardless if the Nuggets force a Game 6. They've one of the Lakers broadcasting partners for 35 years. Through Showtime, Shaq and Kobe, then Kobe and Pau.

But, good win tonight Lakers!

I thought the first one could've been a foul but I'm glad they didn't reward Gallanari for his acting. I hate that Andre Miller was in the game instead of Aaron Afflalo... Miller, in that fourth quarter, was awful.

IUe6Hvh.png

Spurs barely broke a sweat in sweeping the Jazz out of the playoffs.

Successful season in Utah, but now San Antonio gets to sit back and see Memphis and LAC wear each other out. Which is to say, if Memphis were any better than awful in the 4th quarter, they'd probably be 3-0 right now.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Memphis evens the series tonight.

spacer.png

Something's gotta happen. What/who will Bartman the Clips out of this 3-1 series lead?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Interesting. Two series have been swept, but we're left with 3-1 leads in the remaining 6.

Lakers 3-1 over Nuggets

Clippers 3-1 over Grizzlies

Sixers 3-1 over Bulls

Heat 3-1 over Knicks

Pacers 3-1 over Magic

Celtics 3-1 over Hawks

I know it's only happened (I think) 8 times in NBA playoff history, but I really think that we could see a team come back from down 3-1. I can't see Denver, New York, or Orlando coming back, but any of the other three teams coming back would not surprise me.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Really? I thought that if Denver forced a Game 6, KCAL gets that game. It's listed on the broadcast schedule on lakers.com.

Memphis evens the series tonight.

Or not. B)

Was a must game, but the Grizz couldn't win either game at the wire in LA. And I think this series ends in Game 6 in LA. With two evenly matched teams like this, I don't see 3-1 being come back from.

Has been a good series, nonetheless. Best in the Western first round, thus far. Neither team would likely beat San Antonio, but they'll be a much tougher foe than an overmatched Utah squad was. Clips definitely have resiliency.

spacer.png

Really? I thought that if Denver forced a Game 6, KCAL gets that game. It's listed on the broadcast schedule on lakers.com.

No, they said on Sunday that that was KCAL's last telecast.

Well that makes me sad. I won't miss Jim Hill talking about the Lakers, but I'll miss KCAL.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well that makes me sad. I won't miss Jim Hill talking about the Lakers, but I'll miss KCAL.

Actually, they said last night that they made a mistake when saying that Sunday was KCAL's last telecast, so Game 6 is on KCAL and that is the final telecast.

Kobe almost saved the Lakers' a** last night. He was the only Laker that was actually playing hard. The Lakers better win tomorrow. They do not want a Game 7.

Chris Andersen in all likelyhood done for the playoffs and probably has bigger problems on his hands now.

http://espn.go.com/n...searched-police

Really hope what this may entail is not true. Well documented that his been a very trobuled person, but this would put him in a very different light then just drug use.

I cannot see this ending well for him...things like this never turn out to be a big misunderstanding. I'd love to be wrong.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived