2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would rock: Pacers-Spurs NBA Finals

I wouldn't mind that at all, because the Spurs to me are a very fun team to watch and Indiana looks like they have a legit chance to beat the Heat. I think tonight was more a case of Miami not showing up then anything else, but the Pacers played well. I still think Miami will take the series in six games, but Indiana will be in just about every one of these games. They are good enough to give the Heat matchup problems, especially inside. The Heat couldn't do anything in the paint against the Pacers until the fourth quarter.

The Clippers I don't think have any real chance in that series if the Spurs are going to play like this every night out. All San Antonio has to do is hold the Clippers to 90 points and they will win 9 times out of 10, because LA can't do anything to stop the Spurs on offense. They can't outrun them and if they try to play a half court game the Spurs are going to make it so that somebody other then Blake Griffin will have to beat them inside. What scared me with that game is knowing that the Clippers didn't play that bad. They played worse games in winning efforts against Memphis. It would be one thing if they just came out flat, but that didn't happen, so you have to say when both teams are playing at their best, the Spurs are just flat out better.

The only hope I see for the Clippers is that tonight was probably the best game Tim Duncan will play this series and the worst game Chris Paul will play. But again the Clippers did not play terrible tonight and they still lost by nearly 20 points.

I could easily see this series being over with in four or five games after what I saw tonight.

Not really sure what you were watching, but the Clippers largely played terribly last night. The offense was a constant cycle of hot streaks and then wasted possessions. The perimeter D was inexcusably poor. I think they can win this series, but not without better performances from CP3, BG, and the whole team in regards to perimeter D.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

a constant cycle of hot streaks

Enchilada night?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Big Time Vinny's really breaking bad on the Bulls now that he won a playoff round and they didn't. Called them a clusterf-ck and everything. What a clown-ass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a lot of built-in animus towards Oklahoma City, but their alternating-colors sections looks so hopelessly dorky.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I have a lot of built-in animus towards Oklahoma City, but their alternating-colors sections looks so hopelessly dorky.

Honestly, it reminds me of a circus tent.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

(For record keeping purposes) - 7:45 left in 4th quarter.

OKC 4-20 in the 2nd half. Good LA defense, or just poor OKC offense? Which one is more prevalent for this, so far?

UPDATE - Lakers led 75-68 with 2:09 to play.

8-0 run by OKC since.

What a chokejob by LA this would be if they lose. They aren't winning if they head back to Staples down 0-2. Splitting on the road, especially after Game 1, would be monstrous. Down 0-2, they aren't getting past five games max. And losing in that fashion would just be icing, given how well they played on D in the second half.

UPDATE #2 - And that's game. OKC leads 2-0, and the Lakers best chance to win this series has gone by the wayside.

spacer.png

They're playing "Whoomp! There It Is" here. I just want to pat Oklahoma City on its collective head sometimes.

What a win. I do not feel this team should be where it is but what a thing they have going. Shame it isn't going in Seattle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I want to say, "Poor Lakers," but then I remember they've won all sorts of titles and stop caring.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love the Oklahoma City fanbase. Very energetic and proved they deserve an NBA franchise when the Hornets were stuck there for two years.

Seattle didn't deserve to be ripped of their franchise, however. That will forever be a huge injustice and strike against the NBA. Just because Seattle was down in the dumps doesn't mean their fans were deserving of such a fate. Hopefully that will eventually be absolved in some form before too long.

spacer.png

Game two may have been the best shot the Lakers had at making this a series.

I don't see how they can beat the Thunder 4 out of 5 even with 3 home games.

The Thunder did not play that well in game 2 and the Lakers couldn't close them out. You have to win those type of games in the playoffs. That's about as close as your going to get to being handed a win.

chris bosh for mvp!

The Heat do not have a replacement for him and I doubt you'll see him until the NBA FInals if the Heat even get that far, which is looking like a really big if.

Indiana has a really good chance at taking this series. The Heat just cannot match up size wise with the Pacers right now. They need to get out and run the floor but when you don't have much bench depth you can only play that way for so long before it catches up with you.

Archived