2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

It's only two games in...let's not crown their asses yet. :P

That said...I said from the start that the Pacers wasn't no punks?but I wasn't expecting this. Neither were the Martians. (True, the Heat are missing key cogs, but still.) Game 3 is tomorrow night at Conseco Bankers Life, and I just may be in town for that. Suffice it to say...the city pretty hype right now. (About as hype as the sleepy city of Indianapolis can get, anyway.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dwyane Wade obviously felt upset that the NBA didn't suspend him for Game 3, so he went ahead and did it himself.

It's great to see this town coming together and pulling for a good basketball team for once. Obviously, I'll be a Cavs fan before anything else, but it's fun to be in Indy right now. Gonna be down at Game Four Sunday and The Fieldhouse should be rockin'!

6fQjS3M.png

I know the Bulls got pretty much a free pass after they lost Rose, why don't the Heat get the same thing? I hate the Heat as much as anyone, but when you lose a key player in the playoffs it's almost impossible to win.

Two reasons I think that is.

One Chris Bosh has gotten overlooked since coming to Miami. His numbers have dropped off some which I think many have taken as a sign of his true talent over him getting less looks because he's on a team with LeBron James and Dwayne Wade. There's probably some truth to both. On nearly any other team I think he would be a 20/10 guy as opposed to an 18/8 guy.

And two I think the Heat get held to a different standard then every other team in the league. Alot of that is admittingly their own doing but people want to see this team fail. You generally don't make excuses for teams or players you want to see go down because that would imply without this they would be in better shape and I just don't think people even want their minds to even go there. If Chris Bosh is hurt great and that's as far as the story goes with alot of people.

pmoehrin's right. It's never good to see a player go out long-term with an injury, but the Heat have far more haters than the Bulls do. People revel in their failures more than the Bulls'.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Heat losing to the Pacers this year would be far from inexcusable. The Heat ARE three players, if one of those three is gone and the other playing through injuries/slumping, that's a pretty good reason as to why they could be justified if they were to lose out.

However, their losing only continues to showcase why the Big Three strategy is a poor one. You empty your coffers on 3 guys and surround them with the fringes of basketball mediocrity, you can't afford to lose one of those parts, if any. Plus it's negatively exhibiting LeBron's continued downfall into the secondary tier of all-time greats.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They showed this on SportsCenter earlier

MJ vs LeBron at age 27

Championships: MJ 0, LeBron 0

Finals Appearances: MJ 0, LeBron 2

MVPs: MJ 1, LeBron 3

apple_and_orange.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

MJ vs LeBron at age 27

apple_and_orange.jpg

Why?

I'd like to see how Kobe inserted in that comparison.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

MJ vs LeBron at age 27

apple_and_orange.jpg

Why?

I'd like to see how Kobe inserted in that comparison.

LeBron also started his NBA career at age 18. Jordan was 21.

And as far as Kobe goes, his numbers are a little skewed. He was Shaq's "Pippen" for his first three titles. Take those out, what else did he do pre-27?

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think it's fair to compare two different players in two different eras of the league. It's not fair to hold LeBron to the Jordan standard because he's nothing like Jordan.

twitter

It's not fair to hold LeBron to the Jordan standard because he's nothing like Jordan.

If anything, he's more similar to Magic Johnson anyway.

....Aside form the whole "winning championships" thing.

6uXNWAo.png

It's not fair to hold LeBron to the Jordan standard because he's nothing like Jordan.

If anything, he's more similar to Magic Johnson anyway.

I agree with you, but people want to compare Lebron to what most perceive to be the best to ever play the game, and unless something changes with Lebron, it'll never be a discussion worth having. Jordan was a killer, Lebron is not. When the stakes were the highest, Jordan was at his best -- you definitely can't say that about Lebron, though he's had his moments.

Comparing Kobe and Jordan is a much better discussion.

The championships thing is never a good measuring stick. Based on championships, Wilt Chamberlain couldn't hold Bill Russell's jock, while Wilt was probably the better of the two. Jordan had to deal with some all-time great teams early in his career in the Celtics, Lakers, and Pistons, but didn't really have to later in his career.

Plus those Bulls teams were still pretty damn good in those two years without him.

IUe6Hvh.png

Here's the only Jordan-Kobe-LeBron measuring stick you, ESPN or anyone else needs: NBA Finals MVP. Best player in the biggest games on the best team. Case closed. No hating, just educating.

And the reason the Bulls got a pass and the Heat don't is because the Bulls lost last year's regular-season MVP. This year's regular-season MVP is still on the floor. Bosh for the Heat does not equal Rose for the Bulls. Simple.

If we're holding LeBron to the "Jordan standard" then he has surpassed it at this point in his career. I'm certainly not saying LeBron is better than Jordan, but all the hate on LeBron is unfounded

The thing is that there is no better time than now for LeBron to silence the haters. By rights he should become the leader he can be and start taking over games like a man, not play some second fiddle bitch to Wade. Play selfish, step up and take the title that's to be had.

If LeBron wants to prove his antagonists wrong he has got to break out of whatever wimpy shell he's in. Winning regular season games doesn't mean :censored: if you don't play like a man when it counts. Hopefully somebody in Miami is telling him the same thing.

twitter

Archived