2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Where are you now Lights Out? How about that piece of fine NBA officiating? Still think it's blatantly biased?

Ummmm, yeah, it's pretty biased. Thunder have been getting all the calls tonight, but hey, you guys got the calls in Game 3, so I guess this series is actually even in some twisted way.

I just wanted to point out the Lakers aren't receiving any favoritism. Maybe some games we get more of the calls, but no more than any other NBA team. The NBA officiating just sucks. At least you and I can agree on that.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Brown is wearing a black suit with a black tie and white shirt, like he is going to a funeral, how appropriate because this series is over.

Spurs vs Thunder your 2012 NBA Western Conference Finals.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

I think the label of the NBA's Best Closer has officially been passed as well. Kobe played, surprisingly, like a selfish jerk and Durant was just icy. Series could easily be 3-2 the other way, but it's not. Honestly, series like these are where D-Fish and Phil are missed by me. No one to give Kobe that gut check.

Damn.

Go Thunder with ASU-alum James Harden and my favorite ex-Laker and consummate professional Derek Fisher... And Go Pacers.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So true Lights Out.

Well, I can say at the very least that we didn't lose because of Kobe. He is freaking amazing. Without a doubt in my mind, Kobe is still a top 3 player in the NBA. Only Durant and LeBron are in the same class as Kobe. The Lakers better get one more good team around him within the next 2-3 years.

Hats off to the Thunder. They played one helluva a series.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So now I'm sad that the Lakers are out. But I expected this as a consequence for allowing Denver to play until Game 7. Lakers had no chance in hell with the fresh and rested Thunder. Anyway, congrats on OKC for showing the youth experience on us, and now I can enjoy the playoffs as an objective fan. Rooting for them to go as far as they can. And besides, I got the Kings' cup run to fall back on. Still, unbelievable how BOTH teams here are out within 24 hours.

I was pulling for the Lakers but they clearly lost to a better, fresher team.

Now I'm pulling for the Spurs to win eight straight games.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oklahoma City is too precious to be a pro sports market.

I bet they have a church bake sale and 4H sign-ups in the concourse.

I think they have benedictions before games, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love this picture, because the combination of the Pacers player's ponytail, obscured face, and jersey piping make it look like Lebron is in the WNBA

144360035-430x296.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I would love to root for the Thunder but I can't. They took away the Sonics. Living in Vancouver I followed the Sonics and went to a couple of their games. The Sonics also had the coolest name and jerseys in the league. Now we have the Thunder, whos logo and colors are just as bland and generic as their name. Maybe when Clay Bennett sells the team and they get new threads I can support them. OKC seems like an alright city, it's too bad they couldn't of gotten a franchise another way.

I saw a few minutes of the game.

Sure were a whole bunch of white folks in attendance there....

I love this picture, because the combination of the Pacers player's ponytail, obscured face, and jersey piping make it look like Lebron is in the WNBA

144360035-430x296.jpg

No, it doesn't.

The stands are full...

OK, that cracked me up.

Anyway, on topic: I may be one of the few (outside San Antonio), but I want to see the Spurs win it all. Nothing against the Thunder, they're a lot of fun to watch, but the boring old Spurs winning another one would piss off a lot of people and that's always fun.

BB52Big.jpg

I would love to root for the Thunder but I can't. They took away the Sonics. Living in Vancouver I followed the Sonics and went to a couple of their games. The Sonics also had the coolest name and jerseys in the league. Now we have the Thunder, whos logo and colors are just as bland and generic as their name. Maybe when Clay Bennett sells the team and they get new threads I can support them. OKC seems like an alright city, it's too bad they couldn't of gotten a franchise another way.

I fully understand your post, except the part about OKC's colors? How, HOW are thy bland?

Dwight Howard's murder of the Orlando Magic is near completion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I saw a few minutes of the game.

Sure were a whole bunch of white folks in attendance there....

But that's every NBA venue, except Charlotte, where there are no folks in attendance.

I'm torn on the Thunder, too. I like the players themselves, but the genesis of the team is just so unsavory. And the team name, colors, logos make them seem like the stand-in team for some primetime cable soap opera about the NBA. Tonight, on a very special episode of Ballers: The Real Stories of the NBA, all is not well in the Oklahoma City Thunder dressing room as something something drugs and sex and harsh realities.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK, that cracked me up.

Anyway, on topic: I may be one of the few (outside San Antonio), but I want to see the Spurs win it all. Nothing against the Thunder, they're a lot of fun to watch, but the boring old Spurs winning another one would piss off a lot of people and that's always fun.

Not to mention that the grand debate about the Lakers or Spurs being the superior team of the last 15 years would be on equal merit again.

spacer.png

OK, that cracked me up.

Not to mention that the grand debate about the Lakers or Spurs being the superior team of the last 15 years would be on equal merit again.

And the fact that Timmy D can equal Kobe's ring count at 5. To me, they are the two best players in the post-Jordan Bulls era.

I say the winner of the West Finals will be NBA champions. Boston and Miami's problem is the depth, while Philly and Indiana don't have a game system rooted on one player (Spurs have either Parker or Duncan, OKC has Durant).

Archived