2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

When Indiana couldn't hold onto their lead in Game 4, in the biggest game played in Indianapolis since 2005, this series was over.

I would say that just last year (2011) they had a just as huge game in Indy. Staving off elimination in the playoffs against the Bulls. And they won it. I remember watching that game, it seemed to have an electric atmosphere.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 4 in a first round series where they were down 3-0 and just trying to save face isn't the same thing as Game 4 in a second round series, up 2-1, trying to pull a huge upset.

If the Pacers had won that game, they wouldn't have only had a legit shot at beating the Heat, but a legit chance at reaching the Finals. Which is something the 2011 squad (a 37-45 team, mind you) had nary a chance in hell of doing.

spacer.png

Yeah, I feel like we're just kind of recreationally inventing arguments on this one. Obviously a second-round game as a good team has greater ramifications than a first-round game as a bad team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Conference Finals Preview

http://sportsecyclop...encefinals.html

Comments?

I might be the only one who actually thinks the Spurs are going to have an easier time in the Western Conference finals then the NBA Finals if that's they happen to beat the Thunder.

I think whether not Bosh can come back is going to be the difference in the Heat/Celtics series. Miami might be able to take a game or two from Boston, but minus Bosh I think that's where the size difference is really going to show as it did in the Indiana series, especially if Boston gets comfortable in their half court game. They have to get out and run which you can only do for so long if you don't have much of a bench.

No clue when or even if Bosh will be back this series. So far its been the good news express in terms of how good Bosh is feeling but there's no way he can anywhere near 100% this soon. I would say game six at the earliest is when you'll see him back and even then I'm not sure how effective he can be.

I'll take the Spurs in five and Boston in six.

I think the West is hard to predict and whoever wins will win the NBA Finals

Thats what I'm thinking (and hoping for) too. Personally, I hope it's the Spurs. I just don't quite trust Westbrook yet. He seems like the type who'd lose games for the Thunder by jacking up too many shots, especially against the Heat.

Anybody but the Celtics. The thought of the Celtics winning another one is revolting. While I don't want the Spurs to win a 5th title with Duncan, I'd rather see them win than Boston.

So go Spurs, Thunder and Heat!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Anybody but the Celtics. The thought of the Celtics winning another one is revolting. While I don't want the Spurs to win a 5th title with Duncan, I'd rather see them win than Boston.

So go Spurs, Thunder and Heat!

It's a no win situation for me in regards to the East. I hate both the Heat and Celtics, and although I don't really have any love for the Spurs, I do appreciate the way they've played this season and I think they pose a better matchup against the East (at least against the Heat) than the Thunder.

I'm pulling for the Spurs to win out. I can't ever root for the Thunder, and I don't think Miami or Boston are complete as San Antonio.

It'll happen eventually for LeBron (maybe even this year), but probably after the old guard in the West is done and retired.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm pulling for the Spurs to win out. I can't ever root for the Thunder, and I don't think Miami or Boston are complete as San Antonio.

It'll happen eventually for LeBron (maybe even this year), but probably after the old guard in the West is done and retired.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ?KING? WINS ONE" -Dan Gilbert

bYhYmxh.png

Just because I don't care for the Spurs, Celtics, or Heat, I guess I default to OKC to hope win it all.

But I could tolerate a Spurs title as well. Can't root for Miami (and it has nothing to do with Lebron), and I could never root for a Boston championship (they've had enough over the past 11 years).

spacer.png

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ?KING? WINS ONE" -Dan Gilbert

That's a lot of pressure on Uncle Drew.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Usually I'm a Knicks fan, but I want the Celtics to win this series in order to revenge kill the Heat for me. However, I want them to lose tonight because of the egregious and disgusting BFBS.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Wow, three questionable technicals on the Celts in the first half. Just let Miami beat the Celts on their own accord. They really shouldn't need the help.

Refs have been crappy for both teams. They aren't favoring Miami. The KG tech followed an earlier delay of game warning IIRC, and the Doc tech wasn't surprising since he had been all over the refs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow, three questionable technicals on the Celts in the first half. Just let Miami beat the Celts on their own accord. They really shouldn't need the help.

Refs have been crappy for both teams. They aren't favoring Miami. The KG tech followed an earlier delay of game warning IIRC, and the Doc tech wasn't surprising since he had been all over the refs.

The Ray Allen technical was bogus. They're not favoring the Heat, they're just REALLY bad at their jobs.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived