2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

The Heat/Spurs finals will be great fun*.

fun* - indicates I'll read about who wins

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's only the best proven team from one conference playing the best proven team from the other.

You'll be missing out on some great basketball. I guess you're not much of a fan.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'll just say either series is far from being over.

I didn't see anything in game one to say either Boston or OKC has no chance in this series. OKC did test the Spurs and they did it by playing their style but coming at San Antonio with slightly different players then what you would normally expect to see. What that tells me is no matter what San Antonio does defensively the Thunder will be in every game. It also says the Thunder are capable of beating the Spurs playing their game, which has to be the case in order for the Thunder to even have a shot in this series.

Boston/Miami I didn't get alot from other then without Bosh the Heat don't have a direct answer for KG, both teams are going to go through big hot and cold stretches due to the Celtics age and the Heat's playing style, and LeBron James is hands down the MVP of these playoffs to this point. He was THE reason the Heat beat the Pacers, and last night once again he had a monster game that made the final score alot more lopsided then it probably should have been. If he plays like this the Heat will win the NBA title. Only question is how long can he keep this up for.

Oklahoma City lost by three on the road in Game 1 and we're already declaring the series over? God.

And they were the better team for three quarters. I'm pretty confident the Thunder will win tonight.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just saw this come across the bottom line on ESPN

"Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro to return next season"

Sorry Lights Out

Meh. By all accounts, the players signed off on it, so they must see something there.

VDN got the FREAKING CLIPPERS to the 2nd round of the Playoffs. Cut him some slack, already.

6uXNWAo.png

Hey, how about two teams still playing?

The Thunder is really, really good. The Spurs are too, obviously, but it'll definitely be interesting to see what happens when play shifts to Oklahoma City.

(And I can't wait to see what cute shenanigans the Thunder Party Planning Committee comes up with.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There was a moment in a playoff game against the Mavericks, I think it was, where the Thunder's in-house DJ went from the "Everybody" in "Everybody Dance Now" to the "clap your hands" from "Everybody Clap Your Hands." At the time, I think I declared it, to no one in particular until now, the most unnecessary thing in the history of things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, it's only the best proven team from one conference playing the best proven team from the other.

You'll be missing out on some great basketball. I guess you're not much of a fan.

Been hearing that a lot lately. If "being a fan" dictates devoting my time to watching a finals that features no teams I'm even remotely interested in watching, then I guess I'm not a fan.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Been hearing that a lot lately. If "being a fan" dictates devoting my time to watching a finals that features no teams I'm even remotely interested in watching, then I guess I'm not a fan.

And I think the fact that you aren't remotely (your words, not mine) interested in watching the two best teams in the NBA face each other in the Finals does mean you're not much of a fan. I guess we are in agreement.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I must admit, I chuckled at Vinny Del Brooks giving Popovich a taste of his own medicine with the whole Hack-a-Splitter thing last night. Didn't work for OKC, but I bet it annoyed Pop.

The Thunder share a lot of the Clippers' strengths and weaknesses - overreliant on jump shots, limited big men, and a coach whose system is iso-heavy and whose rotations make little sense (why did Fisher get so much playing time?) I predicted OKC would get swept just like LAC because of this, and it looks like it's going to happen.

The Spurs are just too good, BTW. Their ball movement is incredible, reminiscent of Adelman's Kings. Manu's finally woken up and Tony Parker is beasting. They're still draining shots from long range automatically, so how on Earth can anyone defend that offense? On top of that, Duncan looks ten years younger on defense, blocking shots like he did in his prime. Anyone who still says the Spurs are boring doesn't like basketball.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am starting to think the Spurs are going to have a 16-0 playoff run.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am starting to think the Spurs are going to have a 16-0 playoff run.

It's possible, but I think the Thunder will win ay least one game at home. That team is both young and skilled which helps through the length of a series. They made last night close because they never let up. They won games they should have lost against the Lakers for the same reason.

The Spurs are talented, but old. Eventually age catches up, even with great teams.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Remember when the Sixers won it all in 1982-83? (beforehand Moses Malone made his famous "Fo-Fo-Fo" prediction, the actual result which turned out to be "Fo-Fi-Fo")

If the Spurs don't go Fo-Fo-Fo-Fo, they'll at LEAST go Fo-Fo-Fi-Fo...

bYhYmxh.png

Archived