LeGooo

2011-12 NBA Season

I can't stand when people whine about how boring finals match ups are just because their team isn't in it.

New Orleans wins Draft Lottery. Charlotte picks #2, Washington 3. And I am not surprised in the least.

With the CBJ losing the NHL lottery and this now, maybe it's time to trash the lottery. I'm tired of seeing the run away worst teams in their respective leagues not getting the first pick.

I'm sorry that the Bobcats tanked their way to second instead of first in a system that pretends to discourage tanking but doesn't. LEAGUE'S BROKEN

I can't stand when people whine about how boring finals match ups are just because their team isn't in it.

I wonder why I even bother posting in some of these threads. Unless you come out with a big happy smile and say, "I Love All Teams, and All Sports Are Great, La La La! Let's All Be Sports Friends Together!" you're branded as some brainless homer heathen who ruins the experience for everyone.

I am a basketball fan. Am I an according to hoyle die-hard? Not by any means. I love the game, I enjoy the NBA and college game both. Yet because I don't want to take the time out of doing whatever else I may enjoy to watch the finals makes me somehow lesser? And before you whip out "Angry Butthurt Chicago Fan Syndrome," I'm not even that much of a bulls fan. If they were in the finals I'd certainly be more inclined to be interested but I wouldn't be smothering every thread with hype and hollow ra-ra posts (I save that for bears/blackhawks season, which ultimately end up drawing the same kind of negative reactions only for the opposite reasons). The remaining teams don't interest me. That doesn't mean they won't be great games or forever remembered in the annals of blah-blah-blah. I'm sure whoever ends up playing it'll be a great finals matchup.

Yet because I don't seem to even want to acknowledge these upcoming finals as occurring since I won't likely watch, I have somehow forfeit my right to an opinion, however erroneously dismissive it may be. Personally, if the way I go about being a fan bothers you, the best thing to do would just be to ignore me, since I clearly don't vibe with whatever definition of fan-dom some of you adhere to. It's so stupid that we even have a thread about "sports fans rules," so why not have a thread on the proper rules for eating ice cream? The principle of sports is to enjoy them in your own way. If my method of enjoying basketball means not really caring about the 2012 NBA Finals, that's my choice. If I want to eat ice cream out of a hat, it may look stupid, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still enjoying the ice cream.

Well, they had the Timberwolves' pick, so they kinda did, but they won it with their own pick.

It was probably rigged, but man, how many draft lotteries weren't rigged? Hornets need some help? They win. Really awesome local kid? Cleveland wins, Chicago wins (with a 1.5% shot!). It's a pretty weak draft and the best player is some clunky white guy? Ah, let Milwaukee have him!

I wonder why I even bother posting in some of these threads. Unless you come out with a big happy smile and say, "I Love All Teams, and All Sports Are Great, La La La! Let's All Be Sports Friends Together!" you're branded as some brainless homer heathen who ruins the experience for everyone.

I am a basketball fan. Am I an according to hoyle die-hard? Not by any means. I love the game, I enjoy the NBA and college game both. Yet because I don't want to take the time out of doing whatever else I may enjoy to watch the finals makes me somehow lesser? And before you whip out "Angry Butthurt Chicago Fan Syndrome," I'm not even that much of a bulls fan. If they were in the finals I'd certainly be more inclined to be interested but I wouldn't be smothering every thread with hype and hollow ra-ra posts (I save that for bears/blackhawks season, which ultimately end up drawing the same kind of negative reactions only for the opposite reasons). The remaining teams don't interest me. That doesn't mean they won't be great games or forever remembered in the annals of blah-blah-blah. I'm sure whoever ends up playing it'll be a great finals matchup.

Yet because I don't seem to even want to acknowledge these upcoming finals as occurring since I won't likely watch, I have somehow forfeit my right to an opinion, however erroneously dismissive it may be. Personally, if the way I go about being a fan bothers you, the best thing to do would just be to ignore me, since I clearly don't vibe with whatever definition of fan-dom some of you adhere to. It's so stupid that we even have a thread about "sports fans rules," so why not have a thread on the proper rules for eating ice cream? The principle of sports is to enjoy them in your own way. If my method of enjoying basketball means not really caring about the 2012 NBA Finals, that's my choice. If I want to eat ice cream out of a hat, it may look stupid, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still enjoying the ice cream.

Maybe just don't post in threads you don't care about. No one needs to head from me how little interest I have in NASCAR, so I just keep it to myself.

Point taken. My words were too harsh. Not watching it is understandable. You actually made a good point with the bolded. What I really can't stand is when somebody says that a match-up is "gonna suck" because of the "randomness" of the two teams. (Ex: Giants-Rangers World Series) Usually they're only saying it because they're mad that it's not their team.

But anyway, your post reminded me of that. It wasn't supposed to be a direct jab at you, but I can see how it comes off as. Frankly, I don't know if I would watch every minute of a Heat-Spurs finals match up, but I know it would be a great series.

LeBron holding and taking the final shot of regulation... Did anyone out there actually think that shot had a chance of going in? ^_^

Can somebody explain exactly what a foul in the NBA is? Obviously smacking someone in the face isn't a foul, but your jersey hitting someone and them flopping (see: Paul Gasol in the 2010 NBA Finals) is....

LeBron holding and taking the final shot of regulation... Did anyone out there actually think that shot had a chance of going in? ^_^

Right? That shot should always go to Wade.

Wade gets away with a clothesline and a kick on back-to-back posessions. What in the :censored:, NBA?

Pierce leaves before the game is over. What a baby. Have some goddamned respect for your team and yourself, self-centered.

I wanted to see Boston win, if only because I want a seven-game series.

Well luckily, it's not over. I wouldn't put it past the Fleet Center fans to hopefully get in the heads of LeBron and Wade when this series goes back to Boston.

Well luckily, it's not over. I wouldn't put it past the Fleet Center fans to hopefully get in the heads of LeBron and Wade when this series goes back to Boston.

They still must win four out of the next five games.

Celtics drop a heart breaker in Miami. It probably wasn't the difference in the game, but Dwyane Wade seemed to get just about every call in his favor, including the ridiculous non-call when he smacked Rondo across the face. I've known it for a while that NBA officials suck at their job, but it's starting to bug me now more than ever.

They still must win four out of the next five games.

Oh, is that how it works?

Celts blew the game, and while the officials didn't help, a 5 point lead with the ball and 2:49 to play was a tremendous opportunity they should have cashed in on.

Celts win game 3, with a 'make-up in the FT disparity' advantage.

Heat then win a normally officiated game 4, and put a pasting on the green in game 5.