2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Maybe, but Howard Schultz was a nincompoop and probably would've signed another Vin Baker equivalent.

I don't see the Thunder as the Sonics Over There, but rather a great team in a supportive market owned by an :censored:. It's not so much Our Lost Success, but Life's Not Fair.

The Thunder are winning the Finals, for sure. Probably in four. What a team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should've been the Sonics.

I have to be honest, I'm with you. I don't want to be an OKC-buzzkill because I applaud the Thunder, and me being a small-market fan myself, I'm very, very happy for the fans in Oklahoma. They deserve this. But...dang if I didn't wish this were the Sonics making the trip. Perhaps it's the nostalgic part of me speaking, but it'd have been nice.

It is what it is, however. I really like this Thunder team, and think they have what it takes to not only win the Finals, but win 'em big. Regardless of who they meet, I think it's only going five.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If I hear another person say Durant is the best player in the league...

The next person who says "shenanigans" gets pistol whipped.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

But he is.

He has been in the playoffs, at least.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Call it what you want, but it's damned effective.

As a matter of fact, short of the " @$$hole" court mentality, he's starting to remind me of another certain lanky shooter who could score seemingly at will from wherever he chose: Reggie Miller. As for his ranking among yhe league's best, that could be a crapshoot...but now that the Thunder have stormed back to defeat the Spurs and stampede into the NBA Finals, should OKC prevail, there's no way he's NOT the Finals MVP.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But he is.

LeBron James, Dwight Howard, and Chris Paul beg to differ. Durant is fourth-best, which is still amazing considering how one-dimensional his game is compared to LeBron and even CP3.

Who do you take when you're in the 4th quarter of a crucial playoff game? If you say anybody but Durant you're a liar. He's the best in the game. Lebron James being otherworldly in a game in February (or hell, the first half of an ECF game) is nice, but give me the guy who is the best when it matters most, which is when Lebron starts to take a backseat to his teammates. He's certainly better than Dwight Howard and CP3.

IUe6Hvh.png

I would EASILY take a healthy CP3 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. Durant gets big buckets. CP3 makes clutch shots while also getting clutch assists and steals. He just takes over and becomes like a coach on the court.

That being said, the hysteria about clutch time has become completely overblown in the NBA. LeBron isn't even a bad clutch player - he's made plenty of bigtime shots in the playoffs throughout his career. He also doesn't lower himself to freezing out his teammates for the sake of ego or legacy, like other players.

The "clutch" argument also shouldn't determine entirely who the best players are. What you do in all 48 minutes should be more meaningful than just the last 2 minutes or so.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

LeBron isn't even a bad clutch player - he's made plenty of bigtime shots in the playoffs throughout his career. He also doesn't lower himself to freezing out his teammates for the sake of ego or legacy, like other players.

The "clutch" argument also shouldn't determine entirely who the best players are. What you do in all 48 minutes should be more meaningful than just the last 2 minutes or so.

On your first point: What I saw Tuesday night was the best player in the game standing around a lot in the 4th quarter. No one is saying he should make it all about him, but the best player on the floor should never just stand around. Period. That's my issue with LBJ's ability in "the clutch."

I agree with your second point, to a point. It should be all about the entire 48 minutes, but LBJ seems to be playing the first 42 minutes and trying to hide for the last 6.

FAKE EDIT: For example, if Albert Pujols has a double and two HRs in a game, I still want him hitting in the 9th. It's not like his first three ABs render the last one meaningless so we'll just send Erick Aybar up there instead. You want the ball in the hands of your best players regardless of what point in the game it is.

BB52Big.jpg

LeBron is a head case. I'm telling you, this is eating up at him. It is hilarious. LeBron is not clutch one iota of a bit. His fragile mind gets him. That is why he is the most overrated player in the history of sports. It isn't even close.

LeBron isn't even a bad clutch player - he's made plenty of bigtime shots in the playoffs throughout his career. He also doesn't lower himself to freezing out his teammates for the sake of ego or legacy, like other players.

On your first point: What I saw Tuesday night was the best player in the game standing around a lot in the 4th quarter. No one is saying he should make it all about him, but the best player on the floor should never just stand around. Period. That's my issue with LBJ's ability in "the clutch."

I agree with your second point, to a point. It should be all about the entire 48 minutes, but LBJ seems to be playing the first 42 minutes and trying to hide for the last 6.

LeBron is gassed at the end of games. Nobody else in the league regularly takes on the burden that LeBron shoulders every night. He has to play pretty much all 48 minutes, be the primary scoring option while the other team is focused entirely on him on defense, while also grabbing boards and playing lockdown defense, with minimal help from the rest of his team including Wade. By the end, he's used up all his energy, so he can't get involved in the offense and demand the ball like he does early on in games. The most incredible part? Even with the added burdens he's had to take on in Miami, he's STILL had some clutch moments. Clutch shots against Chicago and Boston last year, clutch defense on Rose last year, taking over the series against Indiana this year, the big game-tying shot a couple games ago, etc.

Of course, context doesn't matter to LeBron's legion of haters. They see well-rested players hitting shots at the end, they see a clearly gassed LeBron - a player who they hate - not even able to demand the ball, and they say "LOLZ LEBRON SCARED CHOKER NVR GONNA WIN RINGZ". It's sad that some people are too blinded by bias to appreciate one of the greatest players in recent memory. People won't truly realize how great LeBron has been until he retires, and that's a damn shame.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This used to be my (and I imagine a lot of other people's) hang-up with Chris Webber. Immensely talented, a facilitator not unlike LeBron in his earlier years...but when the lights shone brightest and heat burned the hottest, Webber had a habit of disappearing. Just like LeBron. I used to also liken Chris Bosh to Webber in that he's a big that at times seems like he doesn't realize he's a big...but I'll give Bosg his due credit for deciding to show the hell up, whih is more than what can be said for a certain #3 at this juncture.

Either way, the Heat lose game 6 (like roughly 90% of the country hopes and wishes they will, let the sports boards tell it), this whole thing will get pinned on LeBron. Comea with the territory?biggest name gets the biggest blame. And he shouldn't, but that's just the way it is. Should Boston prevail...then damn near the entire country will jump on OKC's sooner wagon (sorry, couldn't help that one). And...there's one angle of that story that, if it comes to fruition, shouldn't be forgotten: Kendrick Perkins' shot at revenge.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

LeBron needs to go to the Liberace estate sale, cuz that's the only way he is getting a ring this year.

Its a good thing LeBron went to the Liberace estate sale that is the only way he will get a ring this year.

Liberace's been dead all these years and they didn't get around to having his estate sale until last night.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived