2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Much better supporting cast than Lebron ever had in Cleveland.

I mean, we all look back and marvel at what he did to the Pistons that one night in May 2007. Ever wonder why Lebron had to do that? Because the rest of his mates were freaking terrible. Lebron couldn't save his mates despite scoring 45 at the Boston Garden in a Game 7, and couldn't save them in 2009 or 2010, where they quit in crucial Game 6's on the road.

My dislike for the Heat has nothing to do with Lebron, personally. It's a crime he gets the hate he does when he has proven to be clutch time and time again, only for it to be conveniently ignored for the sake of perpetrating a false narrative.

spacer.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Scalabrine has a ring and LeBron doesn't. Is Scals better than LeBron? Rings don't matter when judging how good a player is. It's amazing that LeBron even got those horrible Cavs so far in the playoffs. Judging a player's career based on ten games so far jus isn't fair.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Three of those rings riding Shaq's coattails.

And the other two?

You're right, pau gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar odom, Ron artest, and Derek fisher are definitely jokes and in no way could've contributed...

Bosh.......Wade........

Double post

And the other two?

You're right, pau gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar odom, Ron artest, and Derek fisher are definitely jokes and in no way could've contributed...

Bosh.......Wade........

Bosh is a little overrated and dwade hadn't played the way he used to.

Bosh.......Wade........

Worse than 2010 Gasol and Bynum. Wade has completely declined and Bosh is still too hurt to be effective. The Lakers' bench wasn't great for their last title, but it was solid, and the starting lineup was balanced. The Heat right now are composed of LeBron + actual D-Leaguers + two superstars who are playing like D-Leaguers.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The difference is when John Cena became a star he made his entire sport suck.

I just use the Cena compairison because the thread has read more like wrestling then basketball.

Whether or not the Heat win or lose its all because of LeBron. That's what I've gathered from the last three pages. Its not like the Celtics have three guys who could retire tomorrow and be inducted into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot or anything. I don't even know how they managed to push the Heat to seven games. I blame LeBron.

And the other two?

Bosh.......Wade........

Well no wonder they didn't win last year. Bosh-Wade-LeBron vs the Dallas Mavericks seems pretty unfair. Who else did the heat have last year? Mike Bibby? And we all know how much of a beast Dexter Pittman is....

Manchester-City-icon.png

Much better supporting cast than Lebron ever had in Cleveland.

I mean, we all look back and marvel at what he did to the Pistons that one night in May 2007. Ever wonder why Lebron had to do that? Because the rest of his mates were freaking terrible. Lebron couldn't save his mates despite scoring 45 at the Boston Garden in a Game 7, and couldn't save them in 2009 or 2010, where they quit in crucial Game 6's on the road.

My dislike for the Heat has nothing to do with Lebron, personally. It's a crime he gets the hate he does when he has proven to be clutch time and time again, only for it to be conveniently ignored for the sake of perpetrating a false narrative.

And I forget that they were down 0-2 against the pistons on that series.

Whenever I see clips or pictures of him in a cavs jersey it just seems right though. Like I would probably absolutely hate his guts if I was a Cleveland fan. I'm not though and I'm still a fan. At least the proceeds of the decision went to charity though :)

Brian Scalabrine has a ring and LeBron doesn't. Is Scals better than LeBron? Rings don't matter when judging how good a player is. It's amazing that LeBron even got those horrible Cavs so far in the playoffs. Judging a player's career based on ten games so far jus isn't fair.

The difference is that Scalabrine is a mediocre run of the mill player expected to cobtribute a few minutes, James is a guy expected to lead his team. James' career, for better or worse, will be defined by championships, and not just because he's made some idiotic comments. That's his job, to lead teams to championship. It's fair to say James hasn't done his job until he has rings (multiple).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Robert Horry has 7 rings. That automatically makes him better than Jordan!!!1!1DERP

You know, due to being the basis of so many insipid strawman/reduce to absurdity arguments, Robert Horry is getting into underrated-through-overrated territory. I'm sure many NBA players would've liked to have had a 16-year career in which they were significant contributors to multiple multiple-time champions. People make the poor guy out to be some tall black Forrest Gump who wanders into greatness by sheer happenstance. Actually pretty good!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Robert Horry has 7 rings. That automatically makes him better than Jordan!!!1!1DERP

To reiterate my point, the skill of a player isn't quantified by rings. But certain players are fit to be judged by rings, because their job is to win championships, to lead teams to titles. James and Jordan are two examples of that. Horry, and Pippen and Wade are guys to add extra value to the leader. A guy like Scalabrine is a role player, there not to ruin the team and to fulfill a job, hit three pointers, pass accurately, or whatever.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

To reiterate my point, the skill of a player isn't quantified by rings. But certain players are fit to be judged by rings, because their job is to win championships, to lead teams to titles. James and Jordan are two examples of that. Horry, and Pippen and Wade are guys to add extra value to the leader. A guy like Scalabrine is a role player, there not to ruin the team and to fulfill a job, hit three pointers, pass accurately, or whatever.

Great post. What I have been trying to say.....as eloquently as a caveman. Well said.

Archived