best nhl city

puckcool22

Best Rookie? Who's from Winnipeg?

Some kid named Teemu something or other. Never really amounted to much.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all are fools.

Minnesota has the best american players, the best stadium, a virtual hockey graceland.

Undying support, and weve gotten our heart broke, and came back stronger.

And it wasnt our fault they left in the first place.

Columbus. They have great fans even when the team sucks. Its a good city and whomever makes that team good is gonna be a hero. If you suck, hey, you are supposed to suck you play for the freakin blue jackers.

Azzuri.gif

NOBODY has mentioned Denver, Colorado? Here's a little fact from coloradoavalanche.com --

Colorado Avalanche fans propelled the Club?s ongoing record of consecutive sellouts to 400 Thursday night versus the Phoenix Coyotes.
The current active sellout streak of 400 consecutive games is the longest recorded streak in NHL history and the longest active streak in all of major professional sports. The streak dates back to November of 1995, the Avs? inaugural campaign in Colorado. 199 of the sellouts came at McNichols Sports Arena, while Pepsi Center has played host to the remaining 201.

This was from an article on 11/6/03. The streak has since gotten larger.

Does the longest sellout streak in professional sports, and NHL history mean nothing?

Denver is proven to have the fan support.

Denver has people that want to go out and make the acquisitions that make that team better.

Colorado have had some intense rivalries and heat with the Red Wings and Canucks.

There are OTHER sports teams that people care about (ie. Denver Nuggets, Denver Broncos, and the Colorado Rockies are among the league leaders in attendance), so fans don't rest their hopes solely on them.

They are consistently a top 5 team.

Not to mention, Denver's atmosphere and what you can do in Denver is horribly misinterpretated. It's a fun city. Denver sports teams usually have the attitude that if they can get athletes to visit Denver with ANY interest, they can sign em'. Case in point, Champ Bailey, Andre Miller...

IUe6Hvh.png

Shows how much he knows about hockey then.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm somewhat surprised no one has mentioned Detroit yet.

Detroit gets hurt by the city/nightlife/culture requirement. Not saying it's not there, just saying that Detroit as a city is still rebuilding. It's better for the older players who are settling down, it seems.

I guess if people want nightlife they would go south ..... to Windsor. :flagcanada:

I saw, I came, I left.

Is it me that just got played or notorious? cause mine was a bit of a joke...

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Is it me that just got played or notorious? cause mine was a bit of a joke...

Don't worry Shmee... you hit the nail on the head.

Notorious may have misintepreted me as claiming that we are the hometown/birthplace of the best rookie ever, whereas I was actually using produced with reference to the NHL, not the world.

Notorious, here's where you say "Yeah, that's what I was thinking, of course!" ^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Columbus. They have great fans even when the team sucks. Its a good city and whomever makes that team good is gonna be a hero. If you suck, hey, you are supposed to suck you play for the freakin blue jackers.

I was afraid to say that for fear of being called a homer, Columbus has really rallied around this team and it has livened up the downtown, brought us to be a "major league city" and the media here is owned by the people who own the team so there is very little negative things printed about the jacket players, the only problem is the team doesnt really have a coach right now, so developement might be hindered.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

• 1 month later...

if i was to play anywhere it would be in either Nashville, Atlanta, or Dallas. the media don't care about the teams so there would be no pressure and the fans would be much easier to deal with. maybe its something about those southern women, guns, old beat up pick up trucks and failed disgraced politicians (bush and bush, LBJ, Carter, Clinton). seriously i would like to play in an area where fans don't expect you to be the next Gretzky or Lemieux.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I'm gonna try to not say Tornoto since that's my team.

So I'll say that if I was a young player in the NHL, I'd want to be a Blackhawk.

Original six franchise, close to home, decent nightlife and low expectations.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Atlanta. 'Cause no one care in Atlanta.

What the heck are you talking about? I'm sorry, but that statement is ludicrous.(Ludacris?) There's 15,000 fans that pack Philips Arena every night that say different.

Now, if you were talking about the NBA, then yeah, I'd agree with you. Nobody gives a crap about the Hawks.

Yea, but how many of those 15,000 are Thrashers fans, and how many are just dispalced northerners cheering for the opposing team?

I remember getting off of work one night and seeing as many Blackhawks jerseys at Garnett Station as I did Thrashers.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

What the heck are you talking about? I'm sorry, but that statement is ludicrous.(Ludacris?) There's 15,000 fans that pack Philips Arena every night that say different.

Now, if you were talking about the NBA, then yeah, I'd agree with you. Nobody gives a crap about the Hawks.

Yea, but how many of those 15,000 are Thrashers fans, and how many are just dispalced northerners cheering for the opposing team?

I remember getting off of work one night and seeing as many Blackhawks jerseys at Garnett Station as I did Thrashers.

"Garnett Station"

Where the hell is that? Just outside of Philips Arena, in the CNN center, there is a huge food court, and the hour or so before a game it is stocked full of folks, and 90% or more are wearing Thrashers gear of some sort.

Sure, the first few years the crowds were cheering about half and half... but every year since, the crowds have shifted over towards the Thrashers. This past year the crowds wwere huge, awesome, and totally behind the Thrashers. There were even games the cameras couldn't find a group of opposing fans for the kiss-cam.

Sure, Atlanta is full of transplants. But, many, many of the hockey fan transplants have adopted the Thrashers.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

"Garnett Station"

Where the hell is that? Just outside of Philips Arena, in the CNN center, there is a huge food court, and the hour or so before a game it is stocked full of folks, and 90% or more are wearing Thrashers gear of some sort.

Sure, the first few years the crowds were cheering about half and half... but every year since, the crowds have shifted over towards the Thrashers. This past year the crowds wwere huge, awesome, and totally behind the Thrashers. There were even games the cameras couldn't find a group of opposing fans for the kiss-cam.

Sure, Atlanta is full of transplants. But, many, many of the hockey fan transplants have adopted the Thrashers.

Garnett is the MARTA station just south of Five Points. It's within walking distance of Phillips Arena.

Granted, I haven't lived in ATL for a couple of years now, so things could be different. But I know "transplants cheering for their team" holds true for basketball and football (though I'm sure it's gotten better since Michael Vick came along) and to a lesser extent, baseball. I just (correctly or incorrectly) assumed the same held true for hockey.

snappers_sig.gif

Archived