Nike Pro Combat NFL in 2012

GangGr33n FTW

Through my GM and my DM at the sporting goods store I work at, they had a conversation through Nike about the NFL uniforms for 2012 and one of the Nike reps confirmed that the jersey cost for the replicas will in fact be at a MSRP of $100.00.

Nothing about the Premier styles or the Authentics but I assume the costs will increase on those as well

WTF, that is such a joke. Hard to believe 10 years ago you could get a replica for around $45 bucks.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through my GM and my DM at the sporting goods store I work at, they had a conversation through Nike about the NFL uniforms for 2012 and one of the Nike reps confirmed that the jersey cost for the replicas will in fact be at a MSRP of $100.00.

Nothing about the Premier styles or the Authentics but I assume the costs will increase on those as well

WTF, that is such a joke. Hard to believe 10 years ago you could get a replica for around $45 bucks.

:censored: that :censored:. The ones now are absolute crap for their price, these better be some damn good jerseys.

The China fakes will get yet another boost in sales.

Well, you have to consider the source: "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows THE guy", and also UniWatch. That being said, there's no harm in speculating. It's actually fun with some of these teams. I, for one, hope that Nike leaves the Lions alone, as well as some of the other classical looks (Bears, Packers, Raiders, etc.). But there will be some teams that Nike takes a liking to, and I think the most obvious is the Seahawks. I can see some pretty cool things coming from that color palette. For a Nike fan such as myself, this will probably be one of the coolest 'overhauls' I can imagine. Looking forward to actual photos.

correct...if $100 is the entry level price point for a replica jersey....it's going to price out a significant amount of the consumer base...I'm sure the bootleggers cannot wait for this to happen.

correct...if $100 is the entry level price point for a replica jersey....it's going to price out a significant amount of the consumer base...I'm sure the bootleggers cannot wait for this to happen.

thats interesting because i just talked to a guy at the nike store in downtown Chicago and he said the prices will be significantly lower

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's rediculous. With this economy, they need to make the jersey prices lower. Nike already makes enough money, and just wants to get richer.

Douche bags.

As much as I'd love to be able to buy a Falcons jersey for less than $80 or $90, you have to realize a few things. First off, jerseys are not necessity items, they're luxury items. No one "needs" or has a right to own a jersey. Secondly, everything about the NFL is a business. The tickets they sell, the concessions fans buy, the jerseys we wear, the TV rights they award to stations- all done with one purpose in mind: increasing revenue and earning a profit. The NFL is entitled to price its products however it pleases. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the NFL and always watch the Falcons, but it's always going to be a business. Nike is a business, the NFL is a business. That's just the way it is, and because you (not specifically you) or anyone else wants a jersey doesn't mean you have a right to one cheap. The NFL knows what it is doing. It's simply supply and demand. They're obviously making a killing, otherwise they'd be selling them at $20 to entice buyers.

That's rediculous. With this economy, they need to make the jersey prices lower. Nike already makes enough money, and just wants to get richer.

Douche bags.

As much as I'd love to be able to buy a Falcons jersey for less than $80 or $90, you have to realize a few things. First off, jerseys are not necessity items, they're luxury items. No one "needs" or has a right to own a jersey. Secondly, everything about the NFL is a business. The tickets they sell, the concessions fans buy, the jerseys we wear, the TV rights they award to stations- all done with one purpose in mind: increasing revenue and earning a profit. The NFL is entitled to price its products however it pleases. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the NFL and always watch the Falcons, but it's always going to be a business. Nike is a business, the NFL is a business. That's just the way it is, and because you (not specifically you) or anyone else wants a jersey doesn't mean you have a right to one cheap. The NFL knows what it is doing. It's simply supply and demand. They're obviously making a killing, otherwise they'd be selling them at $20 to entice buyers.

They aren't douchbags for wanting to make a profit off an item they know people will shell out tons of money for.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The teams that I see most likely getting major changes to their looks (not necessarily an overhaul) are Seattle, Tennessee, Minnesota, Carolina, St. Louis, and possibly Tampa Bay. The Titans can use more red and less navy or the Bucs make their pewter "cooler" (less brownish and more blueish).

I can see tweaks coming to Miami, Cincinnati, Arizona, Pittsburgh, and possibly Baltimore and/or Dallas. Maybe the Bengals' white sides on their home and orange alts. finally get filled in, or the Ravens go with a purple-flaked helmet, like the Jaguars. We can hope, but maybe the Cowboys finally get their white and navy uniforms properly coordinated.

That said, however, I sure hope replicas don't shoot up to $100; that makes fakes all the more attractive for the average schmo.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I really hope the replicas are not that much. I would like to see them at around $55. That would be much cheaper for me to get because the prices of the jerseys have gotten insane to the point where I have not purchased one in over 3 years.

Keep in mind Nike just bought the rights to produce half the stuff Reebok was producing for twice the price of what Reebok was paying, so they're going to have to make up cash somehow, whether it's on price per unit or number of units sold.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived