Nike Pro Combat NFL in 2012

GangGr33n FTW

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that the Chiefs' TV numbers will move farther up the shoulder and the yellow and white stripe will be moved up the sleeve (not really sure how to imagine that one)

This better not happen, I love our numbers on the sleves rather than the shoulders. As for the stripes, the only thing I could imagine would be USC style stripes, which would be absolutely terrible!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I'm crossing my fingers that the Pats get a huge overhaul. I may be wearing one of the current Flying Elvis jerseys now, but I hate the current sets and at least want to see a red home uniform and white instead of silver.

Just my view on things.

Likewise. I've never liked these uniforms, and I'll be disappointed if there's only minimal or no changes.

I guess I am in the minority but I loved their current set. The only thing I would like to see changed is adding a stripe or two to the helmet.

spacer.png

I've heard that the Chiefs' TV numbers will move farther up the shoulder and the yellow and white stripe will be moved up the sleeve (not really sure how to imagine that one)

This better not happen, I love our numbers on the sleves rather than the shoulders. As for the stripes, the only thing I could imagine would be USC style stripes, which would be absolutely terrible!

I'm guessing this means that the stripes will move from the cuff up to the normal sleeve placement, like the Browns' jersey stripes. This would probably force them to move the TV numerals to the tops of the shoulders. Speaking of which, I'd almost expect every team with stripes on their sleeves to move their numerals to the tops of the shoulders for lack of real estate (the Bears immediately come to mind; tough to fit stripes and TV numbers on a Pro Combat sleeve, but we'll see).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm guessing this means that the stripes will move from the cuff up to the normal sleeve placement, like the Browns' jersey stripes. This would probably force them to move the TV numerals to the tops of the shoulders. Speaking of which, I'd almost expect every team with stripes on their sleeves to move their numerals to the tops of the shoulders for lack of real estate (the Bears immediately come to mind; tough to fit stripes and TV numbers on a Pro Combat sleeve, but we'll see).

I hope the Bears do this. It will free up a lot of space and let the stripes actually go on the sleeves instead of being on the cuff or getting cut off.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see the Pats overhaul their look.

The Krafts implemented the mid-90s unis with the giant flying Elvis on the should and the sublimated jersey stripes. So it's not like the team is adverse to something untraditional.

The look now is a hot mess. I can stomach the home look, but the roads kill me.

Nike's tweak in 1997 was conforming the sleeves as most Packers had already done years earlier. This photo is from 1991 (note the sock stripe):

1991_PackerSleeves.jpg

Many players had been chopping off the sleeve stripes for years before Nike took over the contract. The Boys from Beaverton just made it official.

This is from the NFC Championship game, the second-to-last game before Nike took over the contract and truncated the stripes.

1997_NFC_Championship.jpg

Easier to justify a tweak when some of the team's most high-profile players have already introduced it.

And actually, there were some people who objected at the time. But that was in relatively early Internet days, when protests were much harder to have heard.

I didn't know what thread to add this to, but according to a Bears beat reporter, the team will be wearing throwbacks next season. However, they will be different from any throwbacks they have previously worn. I guess that means something from the '30s or '40s.

I'm guessing it's going to be the jersey from the 30s - orange with blue block lettering outlined in white:

35.jpg

http://www.chicagobears.com/tradition/Uniform.asp

Before that jersey, they had the vertical torso stripes, which are too obtrusive; other than that, the only throwback look that differs significantly from their current uniform is the 1940s look they've worn in the past:

43.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I didn't know what thread to add this to, but according to a Bears beat reporter, the team will be wearing throwbacks next season. However, they will be different from any throwbacks they have previously worn. I guess that means something from the '30s or '40s.

Hopefully Nike doesn't decide on their 1936 uniforms:

HISTORY_OF_FOTTBAL_UNIFORM_5.jpg

I don't care what you say, I would love it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Whoa! Those are crazy. But I could easily see them being one of Nike's "statement" pieces.

At first thought, I agree. But the more I look at that horrible 1936 uniform, the more it reminds me of Michigan's throwback this season and then of course the designer, Adidas. I don't think Nike would want potential buyers to confuse their new product with something that resembles what Adidas did in 2011. My bet is that it will be the orange jersey used from 1933-1935. Whether or not they use the white helmet that was added in 1934 would be another question.

Whoa! Those are crazy. But I could easily see them being one of Nike's "statement" pieces.

At first thought, I agree. But the more I look at that horrible 1936 uniform, the more it reminds me of Michigan's throwback this season and then of course the designer, Adidas. I don't think Nike would want potential buyers to confuse their new product with something that resembles what Adidas did in 2011. My bet is that it will be the orange jersey used from 1933-1935. Whether or not they use the white helmet that was added in 1934 would be another question.

The report said that the jersey would be a throwback that they haven't worn before, which I believe would rule out the orange jerseys. The Bears wore those the last time they played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving unless those were a different throwback.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The report said that the jersey would be a throwback that they haven't worn before, which I believe would rule out the orange jerseys. The Bears wore those the last time they played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving unless those were a different throwback.

Sadly, you are correct. The Bears wore the 1930's orange jersey on November 25, 2004. There goes the orange jersey then.

51935511.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD26C8E3FA3180E63B43FE42507C4D03586FD24A8BEC05D4B3F06BF04B24B4128C

One down.

I don't care what you say, I would love it.

That looks like it was made for the pc template

I hope Nike changes the Rams' gold to a more true yellow, like their throwbacks. I think their navy blue matched with the throwback yellow could be a great color combo. If this turns true, I also hope they unveil an alternate yellow jersey as well (someone photoshopped a version of this a while back on CCSLC and it was epic. Maybe if someone could find it, or mock a quick one up?)

If they go the Michigan route with them, I think they would have a winner. As far as pre-1960s throwbacks go, they actually aren't that ugly.

I

70389454.png

Archived