Nike Pro Combat NFL in 2012

GangGr33n FTW

A little bit off topic, but when will NFL teams start liquidating their Reebok merchandise? I'd really like to pick up a reebok authentic Mario Williams/Andre Johnson Texans jersey.

I would imagine that this may occur sometime after the superbowl?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Pats overhaul their look.

The Krafts implemented the mid-90s unis with the giant flying Elvis on the should and the sublimated jersey stripes. So it's not like the team is adverse to something untraditional.

The look now is a hot mess. I can stomach the home look, but the roads kill me.

What is all the hate for the Patriots current looks. I love it, mostly!!! The only changes I could see are to make the red side panel stripes on the jersey the same width as on the pants. Remove the silver(home) and navy (road) over the shoulder swoosh stripes. Ditch the navy road pants and striped socks, wear the silver pants navy socks both home and away. Add a red alternate.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I didn't know what thread to add this to, but according to a Bears beat reporter, the team will be wearing throwbacks next season. However, they will be different from any throwbacks they have previously worn. I guess that means something from the '30s or '40s.

Hopefully Nike doesn't decide on their 1936 uniforms:

HISTORY_OF_FOTTBAL_UNIFORM_5.jpg

I don't care what you say, I would love it.

My sentiment exactly.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I didn't know what thread to add this to, but according to a Bears beat reporter, the team will be wearing throwbacks next season. However, they will be different from any throwbacks they have previously worn. I guess that means something from the '30s or '40s.

I don't care what you say, I would love it.

My sentiment exactly.

those would be amazing throwbacks and the sleeve/shoulder stripes would work perfectly with the pc template

The Krafts implemented the mid-90s unis with the giant flying Elvis on the should and the sublimated jersey stripes. So it's not like the team is adverse to something untraditional.

What is all the hate for the Patriots current looks. I love it, mostly!!! The only changes I could see are to make the red side panel stripes on the jersey the same width as on the pants. Remove the silver(home) and navy (road) over the shoulder swoosh stripes. Ditch the navy road pants and striped socks, wear the silver pants navy socks both home and away. Add a red alternate.

So, you love the look, mostly, but you want them to completely redesign it?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So, you love the look, mostly, but you want them to completely redesign it?

exactly...I love the uniform, if they just removed every single design element it would be perfect!

One thing I'm interested in seeing the NFL next year, even on the more traditional uniforms and number fonts, is the gold sheen that Nike's been using, like on Michigan State and Navy's PC jerseys.

Taking this:

Drew-Brees.jpg

To this:

http://elibrary.bigchalk.com/articles/0B/DA/C1/9AIMAGE1.jpg

I don't think it's as noticeable in these photos, but the PC gold really pops in the sun (kinda like Oregon's carbon fiber numbers).

9up7jm.png

One thing I'm interested in seeing the NFL next year, even on the more traditional uniforms and number fonts, is the gold sheen that Nike's been using, like on Michigan State and Navy's PC jerseys.

Taking this:

Drew-Brees.jpg

To this:

9AIMAGE1.jpg

I don't think it's as noticeable in these photos, but the PC gold really pops in the sun (kinda like Oregon's carbon fiber numbers).

FYP.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'd be stunned if this wasn't it. As many have already said, that thing looks like it was made for a Pro Combat cut. Especially look at the cut of the shoulders. My money is on this one, and frankly I think it'd be kind of cool. I'd have an issue with the socks (those things are butt-ugly), but I like everything else.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hell, what if Nike added green and purple to the scheme! Michigan State's uniforms brought up to the pros.

for the Saints? i think it would be really nice.

my issue with NO is i just hate their color palette. its drab and boring and really lacks emotion and excitement. their old gold, like on the throwbacks, is a wonderful color and just swapping the curent for the old would be great. it dosent help that they play in a dome with terrible lighting, that whole environment just has a really ugly, dull look to me. throw in a small splash of color like light blue (or better yet green or purple as NOLA representation) and it would do wonders for that identity.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Hell, what if Nike added green and purple to the scheme! Michigan State's uniforms brought up to the pros.

A Mardi Gras pro combat? When would they wear it though? The Mardi Gras season never intersects with football season. I could (and would like to) see the Saints wearing a special gold monochrome uniform however. Perhaps Nike uses some bull :censored: excuse that it represents our recent winning tradition or something like that.

A Mardi Gras pro combat? When would they wear it though? The Mardi Gras season never intersects with football season. I could (and would like to) see the Saints wearing a special gold monochrome uniform however. Perhaps Nike uses some bull :censored: excuse that it represents our recent winning tradition or something like that.

Mardi Gras in NOLA officially starts January 6, so they could wear it Week 17, which normally ends up in January.

See here. (And yes, I use Wikipedia as a valid source.)

I hope that Nike returns the Rams back to this color scheme Hall-of-Fame-getting-more-crowded-G896A6P-x-large.jpg

That'd be the franchise's decision, not Nike's. And even then, I'm pretty sure the team would have to go through the league offices to get approval for it.

Which is something more people might do well to realize...all Nike (or any other agency, for that matter) can do is pitch an idea. It's up to the individual franchises, and then the league head honchos, to sign off on it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

my issue with NO is i just hate their color palette. its drab and boring and really lacks emotion and excitement. their old gold, like on the throwbacks, is a wonderful color and just swapping the curent for the old would be great. it dosent help that they play in a dome with terrible lighting, that whole environment just has a really ugly, dull look to me. throw in a small splash of color like light blue (or better yet green or purple as NOLA representation) and it would do wonders for that identity.

Do that and go back to the b/w/b pants stripe and they'd be wearing one of the best sets in the league.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Do that and go back to the b/w/b pants stripe and they'd be wearing one of the best sets in the league.

Agreed. They're so close right now, and Braisher stripes > everything else.

Don't forget the socks.

9up7jm.png

I really hope Nike shrinks down the height of the Lions sleeve stripe, similar to what they did for Ohio State:

BEFORE:

Troy-Smith2.jpg

AFTER:

tsmith.jpg

It would look better with the much more narrow helmet stripe the Lions have been using the last few years:

BEFORE:

calvin-johnson.jpg

AFTER:

38b19e7730c8bad2b9cce8db42b9501f-getty-134033793.jpg

Archived