Sign in to follow this  
GangGr33n FTW

Nike Pro Combat NFL in 2012

Hell, what if Nike added green and purple to the scheme! Michigan State's uniforms brought up to the pros.

for the Saints? i think it would be really nice.

my issue with NO is i just hate their color palette. its drab and boring and really lacks emotion and excitement. their old gold, like on the throwbacks, is a wonderful color and just swapping the curent for the old would be great. it dosent help that they play in a dome with terrible lighting, that whole environment just has a really ugly, dull look to me. throw in a small splash of color like light blue (or better yet green or purple as NOLA representation) and it would do wonders for that identity.

Do that and go back to the b/w/b pants stripe and they'd be wearing one of the best sets in the league.

Don't forget the socks.

Please forget those bumblebee socks.

The Lions' sleeve stripes are fine. Even on the skimpiest linemen cuts, the stripes aren't lost. The thin helmet stripes are the real problem. Well, that, the black facemasks and the number font.

I hope not! Current uniform is way better.

Why the Saints? I love the black and gold.

Somehow, I see the Saints getting a very UCF-ish treatment from Nike.

UCF-football-team-picture-credit-Stephen-M-Dowell.jpg

I wanna see could designs in the nfl not something radical please nike dont screw this up

How is it that everyone thinks Nike is going to come in and tell the teams what they're going to wear? As many others have noted, the franchises will retain control over what they look like. Some teams make get makeovers and obviously Nike will present them with options, but it's not like Nike will dictate to the teams.

I hope the pats use the Nike switch as a chance to tweak their look. I like their unis but look a little dated. Enough time has lapsed since superbowls that a tweak would be OK, in my opinion.

I would like to see NE logo on helmet, with some stripes. Get rid of side panels on Jersey. Add a red alternate, no more throwbacks unless play on Thanksgiving. Keep silver, blue, and red colors.

I would try a design but have no idea how to do it.

I wanna see could designs in the nfl not something radical please nike dont screw this up

this is obviously a failed spambot

I hope Nike does not get crazy with the Saints.....make the FDL bigger, matche the golds, add stripes to gold, black, and add white pants and I;m good....

How is it that everyone thinks Nike is going to come in and tell the teams what they're going to wear? As many others have noted, the franchises will retain control over what they look like. Some teams make get makeovers and obviously Nike will present them with options, but it's not like Nike will dictate to the teams.

True, the teams are ultimately responsible for giving in to the manufacturers' proposals.

But I wouldn't let them entirely off the hook; the Steelers weren't looking to change their uniforms, but after multiple entreaties they finally acceeded to new number fonts as "the best of the possible options."

im glad this isnt lost on everyone. hierarchy of command is: NFL > teams > Nike

True, the teams are ultimately responsible for giving in to the manufacturers' proposals.

But I wouldn't let them entirely off the hook; the Steelers weren't looking to change their uniforms, but after multiple entreaties they finally acceeded to new number fonts as "the best of the possible options."

As I said before, the NFL knows Nike's intentions. If the NFL wasn't a slut, it wouldn't have gotten in the car with Nike. They can trumpet how virtuous they are, but everyone knows Nike will go home happy. In some cases, Nike will get everything it wants (Panthers), while in others, they will have to settle for an HJ in the McDonald's parking lot (Steelers numbers).

I think it's kinda cute that people think the NFL or Teams will remain over their uniforms and not hand it over to Nike.

It's alright kids, you'll catch on. You'll learn what Nike is and it'll be a fun experience.

I don't expect craziness..... think maybe some wierd stripes and new fonts.....matte pants....a couple of reboots...I would say I think each team should have three tops and three bottoms....Nike should equal more options....a third jersey and a throwback for all "storied" teams.

I think it's kinda cute that people think the NFL or Teams will remain over their uniforms and not hand it over to Nike.

It's alright kids, you'll catch on. You'll learn what Nike is and it'll be a fun experience.

I think it's pretty surprising that people think Nike will have full reign over their uniforms. The NFL isn't changing any of their rules regarding uniforms just because Nike has the contract now. Of course they'll redesign a couple teams (Panthers), but that would be the team's decision. Even if Nike designs the whole thing, the team still has to sign off on it.

I don't expect craziness..... think maybe some wierd stripes and new fonts.....matte pants....a couple of reboots...I would say I think each team should have three tops and three bottoms....Nike should equal more options....a third jersey and a throwback for all "storied" teams.

I agree with this, minus all the ellipses.

It's the same deal in college football; the schools have control over what the final design looks like, yet people still blame Nike on a regular basis for (sometimes) bad uniform designs.

It's the same deal in college football; the schools have control over what the final design looks like, yet people still blame Nike on a regular basis for (sometimes) bad uniform designs.

Very true, TFoA. Just like Maryland could have easily rejected those hideous one-time UA uniforms.

I really do feel sorry for the people that actually think Nike is going to go crazy with NFL uniforms.

Well, in all fairness, Nike designs the things to begin with, and then convinces the school that it's a good idea to adopt this new badass look. Sure, it's the school's responsibility to approve or deny anything it sees, but if Nike was giving them three conservatively great options each time, we wouldn't be having these issues.