Is Nascar a Sport?

Notch Novelty

Is Nascar a Sport?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My point is you need to be in no kind of physical shape to be in Nascar.

Golf, I mean Tiger Woods rolls paper around in his hand. I mean the best golfer at my high school could barely lift a club and he is turning pro in a year.

Bowling? None

Auto Racing? None

Nascar? None

So because we aren't you, means no one can be as good as you.

Thank you, Adolf!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are failing to acknowledge or respect other people's opinions and are trying hard to force your beliefs onto us. You pull arguments out of nowhere with no proofs to back it up.

Knock it off.

champssig2.png

I am? No, I don't think so.

I expressed my opinion. I didn't force you to read it. I didn't force you to believe it.

My point and my opinion is Nascar isn't a sport because you don't need to be in any kind of physical condition to be in it. Anyone could do it.

is nascar a sport? yes, but that depends on what your definiton of a sport is. Mine is something that you compete against others, takes some ability to be good at, and is physical in some way. Auto Racing is all these things, to me saying it isn't a sport is ridiculous, Race car drivers have to rehab after a crash just like a football who gets an injury. You say you can be out of shape and still drive a car, I say look at Tony Gwinn, not a very healthy guy himself but a great baseball player, baseball is a sport, and so is Auto racing. I hate nascar, but it is a sport.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

While it is true that none of us have to read it, the point is that you word you replies into ways that insult the subject at hand and therefore are disrespectful of the other people's opinions.

champssig2.png

My uncle worked for the Pades/Chargers. Tony Gwynn believe it or not was in good shape. He did baseball type lifting and excersing. Running the bases and fielding 1000 ground balls and throwing the ball around. Same with John Kruk, he is totally against benching weights but instead fielding ground balls.

People have different definitions. I'm not forcing anyone to be like hey, he wants us to change our mind. People like Nascar that fine. I don't and if you do that's cool. I just wanted to have a debate. It is a debate. Two sides going back and forth.

Nascar is a competition but so is Chess. No physical shape to be in either.

Hey roger, it is a debate. People have different opinions.

Nascar is a competition but so is Chess. No physical shape to be in either.

The way you presented this statement was matter-of-factual. In actually, it is not. You're not even examining the evidence that is put up against your argument(s). You're not even debating anymore. You're just hammering home incorrect points with no regard to the points place against you.

champssig2.png

I think I did but what are the points against me if I didn't answer them.

Everything else stated by everybody else. We have already proven the physical requirements to compete in NASCAR. You've yet to acknowkledge that they may be correct and factual.

champssig2.png

Only support anyone has is for Nascar being a sport is that you drive at fast speed while competiting against 20 some drivers trying to finish first. With the possible chance of death. If you get hurt the rehab is similar to football player.

Everyone drives every day. The Car does too much work. Anyone can drive a car at fast speed. You don't need to be in any kind of physical shape. Mental, Yes but endurance no. Nascar drivers arn't lifting weights, running the track, swimming miles, or eating right. You can also get hurt and killed doing almost anything. That's my argument.

Football, Soccer, Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Rugby, Lacrosse, Wrestling are all sports. I'm probably missing a few here and there.

Good read - http://www.postgraduateape.com/nascar.html

Nascar is not a sport! If

it's part of your daily

routine, it's called life.

There is nothing special about Nascar. More than half the

country drives too fast, and a good percentage of those people

have even mastered the skill of driving fast and trying to get to

an actual location, as opposed to driving around in a circle five

hundred times. I'm not even sure if your average Nascar driver

knows how to make a right turn.

The real aim of Nascar is a three hour commercial. Get this:

people actually tune in to watch a bunch of signs go so fast

that they become blurs. It's kind of like shaking your head really

fast when you see one of those sign trucks on the road.

And just like real driving, there are crashes. But here's where

the Nascar people get it right. Instead of stopping traffic and

then letting one car through at a time, which creates one hell of

a rubber neck induced traffic jam, the Nascar people put out a

caution. With the caution up, each driver gets to fulfill his

voyeuristic fantasies, without the delays. Maybe the cops

should simply have curious motorists go around the block.

There could be signs posted by every accident: "To proceed:

go straight; to see this grizzly scene again: circle right."

But mostly, the Nascar people get it all wrong. At the end of the

race, the "winner" gets a trophy, a kiss, and a big bottle of

champagne (unless he has the misfortune of being sponsored

by Coke or Pepsi). What kind of crap is this? Listen up, folks.

Driving around in 500 circles faster than everyone else is

nothing to celebrate. It simply proves to the world that you had

absolutely nothing better to do that day. 

Of course, Nascar proves that most of the world has nothing

better to do on a weekend. Who are these people at the races?

Seeing them there is pure torture. I mean we've got all of these

morons in one place (finally), and some nitwit built a wall

between them and the cars careening out of control. Dang!

Talk about a missed opportunity. I'm really serious about this.

Most reasonable people spend their lives trying to avoid traffic,

but these dipsticks actually spend the week rubbing their two

remaining brain cells together just to earn enough money to

watch traffic.

You might be wondering how I know so much about Nascar.

Well, I watched it once. I watched it for a whole minute. I saw

everything I needed to know.

Nascar drivers arn't lifting weights, running the track, swimming miles, or eating right. You can also get hurt and killed doing almost anything. That's my argument.

Go talk to Mark Martin.

Right now.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Only support anyone has is for Nascar being a sport is that you drive at fast speed while competiting against 20 some drivers trying to finish first. With the possible chance of death.  If you get hurt the rehab is similar to football player.

Actually, you're the only one saying that. Everyone else has stated why it takes physical strength and endurance, you just don't bother to listen or care.

Everyone drives every day. The Car does too much work. Anyone can drive a car at fast speed. You don't need to be in any kind of physical shape. Mental, Yes but endurance no.  Nascar drivers arn't lifting weights, running the track, swimming miles, or eating right.

Can you prove this? You're presenting it as fact...again...when you have no evidence to support it.

I'd imagine you'd have to eat right and arrange your diet so that you won't have to go to the bathroom for up to seven hours and be able to survive a sudden case of dehydration that could be unavoided (but would be if you decided to forfeit the race). If you would care to read anyone else's posts, we explain how one requires to be physically prepared for a race. Do you think a 400 pound overweight man could survive cheating death a hundred times in a 4 hour span? The strain on his heart would be phenominal.

You can also get hurt and killed doing almost anything. That's my argument.

Has anyone died playing chess or tennis that wasn't due to some completely outside force? (Like that guy that stabbed Monica Seles.)

champssig2.png

Roger, your talking like you know but you don't.  I know guys in Nascar don't lift weights or run for physical training of Nascar.

I did not say I knew and you can prove that I said I knew. Unlike you, I think before I type and make sure that when stating my opinion, I begin my statement with "I'd imagine that..." or "I think that...." or "In my opinion..."

champssig2.png

notorious, you have got to be one of the most ignorant people ive ever met. comparing racing for 4 hours in 130degree cockpit, at MULTIPLE g-forces, and losing 5-10 pounds in ONE RACE to playing chess is just plain idiotic.

Nascar drivers arn't lifting weights, running the track, swimming miles, or eating right.

that right there proves that you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. i know for a FACT that pretty much all nascar driver have their own personal trainers and workout instructors. heres proof: markins1.jpg (Mark Martin working out)

if you told tony stewart, robby gordon, or ryan newman (who are all built like linebackers) that they are as athletic as a chess player, they would knock your head clear off.

man, i hate it when people state their opinons as facts when clearly they are out to lunch. :cursing:

Archived