The Toronto Raptors need a change of identity

Ark

This is a tone deaf franchise that's never given a rat what the city wants or thinks. From the start, they've always felt they know better than their own paying customers.

So, what that means is, you'll get more ugly uniforms more ugly logos and a franchise that will continue to embarrass the great city of Toronto for decades.

Ummm...so a team with one of the league's best fanbases and a bright future who is under the same ownership as the Leafs and TFC will embarrass the city? Okey-dokey then...

Ummm.... Best fan bases? Bright future? Every sucky team has a bright future, they say that to make the teams seem better than they really are, and make the fans hopeful.

Yeah, they had the 5th pick last year and will almost surely have another high pick this year. I'm more of a casual basketball fan, but I've heard good things from Davis and I know there's of course there's Bargnani. Good picks + young talent = bright future.

Perhaps "best" should've been replaced with better, but sitting at 19th in attendance with a team that won 20 games, lost their face of the franchise, and has never won anything is very good. And they've been very near the top when they have a winner (that's NOT bandwagoning if the attendance has only dropped a couple thousand). Basketball is pretty big here in TO, especially when you consider what a Leafs-crazy city this is.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a tone deaf franchise that's never given a rat what the city wants or thinks. From the start, they've always felt they know better than their own paying customers.

So, what that means is, you'll get more ugly uniforms more ugly logos and a franchise that will continue to embarrass the great city of Toronto for decades.

Ummm...so a team with one of the league's best fanbases and a bright future who is under the same ownership as the Leafs and TFC will embarrass the city? Okey-dokey then...

Ummm.... Best fan bases? Bright future? Every sucky team has a bright future, they say that to make the teams seem better than they really are, and make the fans hopeful.

Yeah, they had the 5th pick last year and will almost surely have another high pick this year. I'm more of a casual basketball fan, but I've heard good things from Davis and I know there's of course there's Bargnani. Good picks + young talent = bright future.

Perhaps "best" should've been replaced with better, but sitting at 19th in attendance with a team that won 20 games, lost their face of the franchise, and has never won anything is very good. And they've been very near the top when they have a winner (that's NOT bandwagoning if the attendance has only dropped a couple thousand). Basketball is pretty big here in TO, especially when you consider what a Leafs-crazy city this is.

I know Toronto is Hockey crazy and I know that TFC has been a "surprise success". But Basketball and Lacrosse draw pretty darn well in Toronto too.

I don't know why people call Toronto "Hockey crazy" becasue A) the Marlies draw :censored: and the Argos draw :censored: unless they are winning.

I just don't get why people discount the Raps. It's probably the best value for your dollar in this city, up there with Lacrosse.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived