Rainbow Marlins

The_Admiral

NewMarlinsBallpark.PNG

Expanded the color scheme to match this. Just what I hope is a minor improvement on what they already have.

Marlinsprimarycopy.jpg

Miamihomecopy.png

Miamiroadcopy.png

miamihomescript.jpg

Miamiroadscriptcopy.jpg

Miaminumbers.jpg

Not sure where I want to go with batting practice/spring training. Jacket would just be the cap logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sprry.this si even more ugly than what they have. it just doesn't look good by trying to fit in 7 or 8 different color schemes

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Definitely more organized that what they have now... (which is seeming the random assembly of colors with no hierarchy) ...but it still doesn't do it for me. I can understand the Miami-deco style, but that's no excuse for the lack of a color scheme.

The Yankees don't really have a color scheme, per se. I mean, technically they do; everyone does. But whereas the Cubs are defined as being blue, the Cardinals red, the A's green, the Yankees are more defined by the pinstripes than they are by midnight blue. I guess what I had in mind here was that while on paper, the Marlins would be black, silver, salmon, creamsicle, yellow, green, and blue (whew), in practice they'd just be The Rainbow Team. Having no one color take precedence (well, other than black) allows for merchandise in every color, and none of it would be particularly out of place or contrived.

I guess it would also be like how the rainbow guts had like six or seven colors in there, but the Astros' base colors were still somehow orange and navy. Only here, I suppose the base colors are still black and silver.

I appreciate what you are trying to do here and certainly can't fault the execution but a rainbow colour palette rarely works on sports uniforms (ask the Denver Nuggets). There is a reason why the Marlins use almost every colour in rainbow aside from green. To avoid this effect.

The Yankees don't really have a color scheme, per se. I mean, technically they do; everyone does. But whereas the Cubs are defined as being blue, the Cardinals red, the A's green, the Yankees are more defined by the pinstripes than they are by midnight blue. I guess what I had in mind here was that while on paper, the Marlins would be black, silver, salmon, creamsicle, yellow, green, and blue (whew), in practice they'd just be The Rainbow Team. Having no one color take precedence (well, other than black) allows for merchandise in every color, and none of it would be particularly out of place or contrived.

I guess it would also be like how the rainbow guts had like six or seven colors in there, but the Astros' base colors were still somehow orange and navy. Only here, I suppose the base colors are still black and silver.

Oh my God... you're serious about this...

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

The Marlins use of yellow, orange and blue in addition to the black and silver, has reasoning. You can debate whether its overused, appropriately used or executed properly, but you can't debate WHY they use them. Here it's as if you used all these colors for the sake of using all these colors.

I like the theory. Maybe the execution of the theory isn't quite there, but I've always wanted someone to adopt this theory. My first thought was always the U. of Hawai'i, for obvious reasons.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Marlins use of yellow, orange and blue in addition to the black and silver, has reasoning. You can debate whether its overused, appropriately used or executed properly, but you can't debate WHY they use them. Here it's as if you used all these colors for the sake of using all these colors.

What did they say? Yellow for the sun, red-orange for the sunrise, blue for the water? Okay, green for the palm trees, and orange for Florida oranges. There.

Oh my God... you're serious about this...

Hey, why not. The Marlins tried to do something completely off the wall but let up just a little (there's a bunch of green in the stadium itself, I hear). Might as well take the idea to its logical conclusion. Personally, if nothing else, I think the green adds a lot to the M.

Except you just randomly colored sides of the M aswear they at least had some structure to the color layout. And using a total of 7 colors is just way too many. Reproduction in embroidery would be damn near impossible not to mention expensive, even for screenprinting. It's just not practical or appealing.

Except you just randomly colored sides of the M aswear they at least had some structure to the color layout.

The right sides of everything are green. That isn't random at all.

It's always yellow on top, red on the left, green on the right, blue on the bottom, orange inside letters. I'm missing something. Even my numbers are like that!

Oh, okay, I gotcha. No, there's no specific reason relative to the sun/sky/ocean that the green is on the right. Maybe there's a tree growing there. I don't give a crap. I just think that shade of green goes well with everything.

This is really smart from a merchandising standpoint. You could sell t-shirts and hats in all the colors. They'd sell a lot to people who like their hats and shirt to match their shoes. I think this is a really interesting idea. Will any team ever do it? No, but it's a great concept idea.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived