Rainbow Marlins

The_Admiral

I still believe in the promise of this concept.

I love the way all the colors play off each other and mix into one indeterminate thing, just little flickers of color jumping off the background. Sometimes the yellow catches your eye, sometimes blue, sometimes green. However, the colored piping was a bad idea, so I got rid of that. Had to make the NOBs be rainbow-colored, too.

Pdzqz.png

y5vAl.png

5Fns9.png

I took that extra silver thing off the M, too.

Do I dare make five sets of alternates for every team color? What if they got special dispensation to wear mismatching colors as part of one set? It'd be a color explosion!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't get why people are flipping out about this. Personally, I like it and I think it looks a like better and more coherent than their current mess of a uniform. The team specifically went for something extremely festive and different. They're not supposed to look like the Yankees. This is Miami, after all.

I like the idea of doing 5 different sets based on color. Personally I would suggest going back to the plain black nameplates, though - it'd be much easier to read from a distance and would avoid the problem of one or more of the outline colors blending in with your special color jerseys.

Have you given any thought to doing a special rainbow jersey like the ones the Astros had? That would be way too gaudy for everyday use, but maybe as a Friday night or special event third?

There's no fixing one of the most downgraded logos in all sports.

The Marlins' wordmarks and logos are great, but their color scheme is absolutely asinine. IMO, the current Marlins are up there with Buffaslug.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I really like this idea! Take the oppurtunity of baseball in Miami to create a "color explosion." It would be great for their image and would probably attract more fans. To get fans to come out to the ball game in Miami, there has to be gimmicks. (Aka Ozzie guillen or rainbow uniforms) Nice job and this is really cool.

Go for it admiral.

I agree with you...Take the rainbow concept to the max.

The numbers and letters make sense to me.

They look 'bevelled' with the light from above and left. (warm colours from the top and left, leaving the cooler greens and blues to the 'shadowed' sides)

The bright colours on the greys look pretty good.

The idea behind this concept is brilliant, both from a "why not?" perspective and also a marketing perspective (at least for sales, team identity would be lacking a bit in, say, on-screen graphics. What color goes behind the logo?), however, it's one of those things where the idea seems great, the execution doesn't work out, and that's not because you've done a poor job of that.

Really, this is THE BEST that this idea can look.

That said, it's still not that good. It was a noble effort, and you'll certainly have some major supporters of this idea because of how different it is and how well you've executed it, but this is one of those ideas why it's good to have a concept board, so this can be tried, toyed with, and finally allowed to let die as a noble experiment

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The idea behind this concept is brilliant, both from a "why not?" perspective and also a marketing perspective (at least for sales, team identity would be lacking a bit in, say, on-screen graphics. What color goes behind the logo?),

The primary color is black.

Color explosion.

urNIH.png

I like the red-orange, but I like the creamsicle orange a lot, too. The blue is my favorite, and the green looks cool as well. I'm not ready for neon yellow.

VgzIf.png

These should at least be fashion hats. I think most are right now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Count me in the group that loves this idea. I don't know how I feel about the letters being black. I feel like they should be white, but I know that probably wouldn't work. It just looks like too much black and not enough color.

The "color explosion" is pure awesomeness though. Every single jersey looks great. And I think the fact that you can put that wordmark on any color you want illustrates your idea works.

I'd love this on the field just because.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived