Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

I figured I'd add my .02 from yesterday. ND needs to use shinier pants (and update the helmet, but that's beating a dead horse). Baylor's matte bothered me as well as not having a gray mask (I hate the gray mask look, but the green mask doesn't match your white or gold helmet). Other than that, can't wait to see what's on tap today.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the ND/FSU game was a case of two good looking teams that paired together make up a bad looking game. There was just too much gold between the two teams. And to add to the Notre Dame discussion, I really like the new helmets but they need shiny pants to complete the look.

And the Baylor helmets were the first matte ones that I haven't like. It just didn't go with the fabric of the jerseys and pants.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

No pictures unfortunately, but BYU is wearing a special helmet with camoflauge decals today for the Armed Forces Bowl.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I can't get over how many people like those Notre Dame helmets. To me, they look like someone bought some spray paint at Wal-Mart and tried to make a helmet that looks like Notre Dame's; and failed miserably. To each his own I guess.

I do agree that if ND is going to stick with the broke-ass Wal-Mart helmet look, they need to adjust the color of the pants accordingly.

BB52Big.jpg

If Wisconsin was going to have to do something "unique", this is about the best I could have hoped for. It's subtle. It's unique but not gaudy. It does not depart from school colors. And most importantly, it does not open the door to any 2012 wackiness.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Baylor is wearing the new Nike socks also.

RGIII looks to be wearing different cleats than I've seen before too

they are one of the models for next year. Several teams have worn them during bowls. The tape on them is making them appear different.

I'm not sure that's tape. It appears to be a strap. They look similar to the Nike cleats included in the rumored new Miami uniforms.

What is the appeal of matte helmets? I don't get it.

It's only bc they are different. Doesn't matter if something actualyl looks better; kids want to wear something that they think is different.

It's not that simple (and you practically imply that those that like them are "wrong"). I tend to be resistant to Oregonesque changes. I like school colors and teams to keep looks for a long time. In short, I don't usually like "different". But I love the matte helmet look, in and of itself (i.e., not with other trend-bucking features). I wish it would be incorporated with school colors on "non-alt" helmets. I don't like that ASU has changed to black, so I'd rather they not have it, but I love Baylor's green matte helmet. Why? I don't really know. But I think they look great...and not because they're "different."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The problem I had with that Baylor uniform is the lack of gold. Gold is only on the helmet decal and number trim, and even there it's very thin and almost impossible to see. Also, I don't understand why that thin piping on the pants has to be colored green. It really messes up an otherwise neat "bear claw" look.

Wiscy would be better off just rolling out their regular gear. To the naked eye, the changes are hardly noticeable.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Isn't that part of the point? It's not a new jersey, it's a subtle modification specifically with the rose bowl in mind. You'll be able to see it as much as you were able to see the rose in the Horned Frog's mouth or through the Purdue "P."

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Archived