Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

What is the appeal of matte helmets? I don't get it.

It's only bc they are different. Doesn't matter if something actualyl looks better; kids want to wear something that they think is different.

It's not that simple (and you practically imply that those that like them are "wrong"). I tend to be resistant to Oregonesque changes. I like school colors and teams to keep looks for a long time. In short, I don't usually like "different". But I love the matte helmet look, in and of itself (i.e., not with other trend-bucking features). I wish it would be incorporated with school colors on "non-alt" helmets. I don't like that ASU has changed to black, so I'd rather they not have it, but I love Baylor's green matte helmet. Why? I don't really know. But I think they look great...and not because they're "different."

Exactly. I think some of the matte helmets look great. Others I am not a fan of. It has nothing to do with them being "different." It's about nothing more than the aesthetic quality, or lack thereof, of each individual helmet. I'm a "traditionalist." It's no secret that we aren't known for our open-mindedness to new looks. So when a new look comes along that looks good, I like it because it looks good. And at age 50, I'm hardly a kid who likes something just because it's "different."

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baylor is wearing the new Nike socks also.

RGIII looks to be wearing different cleats than I've seen before too

they are one of the models for next year. Several teams have worn them during bowls. The tape on them is making them appear different.

I'm not sure that's tape. It appears to be a strap. They look similar to the Nike cleats included in the rumored new Miami uniforms.

It's these with black tape on them: http://niketeam.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline&cid=1&pid=511340-100&pgid=511340

4efd7d9fefdf4.image.jpg

Baylor is wearing the new Nike socks also.

RGIII looks to be wearing different cleats than I've seen before too

they are one of the models for next year. Several teams have worn them during bowls. The tape on them is making them appear different.

I'm not sure that's tape. It appears to be a strap. They look similar to the Nike cleats included in the rumored new Miami uniforms.

It's these with black tape on them: http://niketeam.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline&cid=1&pid=511340-100&pgid=511340

4efd7d9fefdf4.image.jpg

Mystery Solved. And wow those are gorgeous. I wish Under Armour would make better cleats. Or that my high school would switch back to Nike

Wiscy would be better off just rolling out their regular gear. To the naked eye, the changes are hardly noticeable.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Isn't that part of the point? It's not a new jersey, it's a subtle modification specifically with the rose bowl in mind. You'll be able to see it as much as you were able to see the rose in the Horned Frog's mouth or through the Purdue "P."

AND! They're going to be able to sell a lot of special Rose Bowl apparel.

Wiscy would be better off just rolling out their regular gear. To the naked eye, the changes are hardly noticeable.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Umm...Look at all the special treatment of Rose Bowls past. Not that many changes to any set, just a tasteful rose addition here and there or a patch. Wisconsin's treatment is in fact unique in comparison to past Rose Bowl treatment. It's a very tasteful modification that is different, commemorates the big game, and will still sell merchandise. I don't think it is in any way a fail.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Cincy's Liberty Bowl matte helmets. I like.

Ah8WOOnCMAEwr9g.jpg

Other side:

Ah8V_TFCMAIcZs-.jpg

Normally, I hate helmets like that, but those numerals are different enough to work. Also, matte and black always work, especially with Cincy.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ah7bb4QCAAAzn1q.jpg

oHjG.jpg

Now THAT is how to do a special one-off uni and still look classy, not just like more of a walking advert for the manufacturer than an actual football team.

Bravo to Wisconsin and to Adidas

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Wisconsin's look is great. I am proud that they are stepping out of the boring look and trying something different. As far as Cincinnati, I just do not understand the current trend of a logo on one side of the helmet and the number on the other. I hate this look, but I like their helmet.

spacer.png

Its been said already, but damn, Wisconsin has some nice Rose Bowl unis. Its lucky they wear red and white, because those rose numbers and logos are gorgeous

Wiconsin looks beautiful. I just wish they would've worn red pants.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Its been said already, but damn, Wisconsin has some nice Rose Bowl unis. Its lucky they wear red and white, because those rose numbers and logos are gorgeous

Wiconsin looks beautiful. I just wish they would've worn red pants.

You and me both my friend. I'm afraid superstition and bad joojoo won't allow the game to look that much prettier.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Ah7bb4QCAAAzn1q.jpg

oHjG.jpg

Now THAT is how to do a special one-off uni and still look classy, not just like more of a walking advert for the manufacturer than an actual football team.

Bravo to Wisconsin and to Adidas

The puzzling thing for me is this: Above the neck, dark red elements with light red rose detailing. Below the neck, light red with dark red rose detailing. That's a big flaw for me, and it's a flaw in Wisconsin's regular uniform as well, but it's still a nice, classy big-game uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Is there another promo picture with the full uniform? I assume they'll be in the red pants, but could they use the white since Oregon is using green?

I'd rather see northwestern with a purple pant option instead of black. Purple-purple-black is so dull. At least mono purple wouldn't pull a color out of nowhere

Manchester-City-icon.png

Is there another promo picture with the full uniform? I assume they'll be in the red pants, but could they use the white since Oregon is using green?

I'd rather see northwestern with a purple pant option instead of black. Purple-purple-black is so dull. At least mono purple wouldn't pull a color out of nowhere

Wisconsin is, sadly, wearing their white pants. but actually i think it will look great with the full dark look for Oregon and the all white of Bucky. should actually, depending on how Oregons uni's look in the early game day light and the late game dark, should be a pretty damn good looking game. maybe. not 100% sold on the ducks uni's yet

Archived