Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Virginia would go blue/orange/orange when I heard they were going color vs. color. But they're coming out in new orange helmets and blue pants. I'm not sure what it is, but I really like the way the helmets look.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This years rose bowl features potential national title game teams. Not saying both because LSU would still be in it and rightfully so. And a 1 loss bama should also be in the game this year. SEC is damn great, but Wisconsin is 2 fluke hail Mary's from undefeated and Oregon is a few plays away from a 1 loss team who lost to LSU.

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying, this years rose bowl is great. But what rose bowl isn't. It's te F****** Rose Bowl for Petes sake. The rose bowl defines tradition

Virginia was definitely one of the lucky teams when they adopted the Pro Combat template since their uniforms are a huge improvement over what they used to have. I love the orange helmet. They haven't worn an orange helmet in nearly 35 years but I like it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These are pretty awesome.

96aef626c8ea8c4463aa865766c0e5b7-getty-136298876.jpg

That....is actually REALLY nice. I didn't see the orange helmets coming, but dang, those are sharp. Nice job, Virginia.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't understand why some teams have such difficulty doing special uniforms for bowls. You don't need fifteen different shades of gray, special reflective coatings, special materials or designs like whatever marketing BS Oregon spouts off about. You just need something simple and classy. Bravo Virginia.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I absolutely love Virginia's orange helmet, they look great. There needs to be more color vs. color bowl games, and regular season games in general.

This.

The fact that both teams have the exact same colors was pretty interesting. I love the orange helmet, but I'm not a huge color v. color guy. Would've rather seen Virginia in an orange-white-blue combo

Geez, am I clueless tonight. It didn't even occur to me that it was a color v. color game until I read that. Anyway, I like Virginia's helmets but I'm not crazy about the rest of the uniform. The blue pants are too much for me. But, I'm an old school/traditionalist so I'm sure I'm in the minority. B)

BB52Big.jpg

The fact that both teams have the exact same colors was pretty interesting. I love the orange helmet, but I'm not a huge color v. color guy. Would've rather seen Virginia in an orange-white-blue combo

I guess it depends on the color combination, but how could you not like color on color especially considering the Man City badge is your avatar. The Manchester derby is one of the best looking games in all of sports.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

These are pretty awesome.

96aef626c8ea8c4463aa865766c0e5b7-getty-136298876.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen a metalic/pearl orange helmet without stripes before. Very nice. Hard to see how anyone can argue for the matte look when compaired to this.

Pretty nice look for UVA overall, acually. Modern done right, IMO.

As someone who follows UVa football, I read the rumors about a new color helmets for this bowl. I just assume it was going to be white. It would have been sweet having old school meets new school with white helmets/orange tops/white pants like the Shawn Moore era. Then I heard about the orange helmets and got a little worried. Of course, you will get the "OH THEY LOOK LIKE CLEMSON" arguments like in . So with that rational, anyone with orange helmets will ALWAYS be compared to Clemson. I guess Bengals, Browns, Ball State, and Syracuse all copied Clemson.

Archived