Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

They last used Orange helmets in the 70s so this is nothing new to the school. I thought the helmets were okay, I had a hard to seeing their logo which I thought should have been done in Navy and this would have looked great on that helmet. But one thing is for sure, the Browns need to take note of how a great looking orange helmet can look.

spacer.png

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They last used Orange helmets in the 70s so this is nothing new to the school. I thought the helmets were okay, I had a hard to seeing their logo which I thought should have been done in Navy and this would have looked great on that helmet. But one thing is for sure, the Browns need to take note of how a great looking orange helmet can look.

Clevejack.

The fact that both teams have the exact same colors was pretty interesting. I love the orange helmet, but I'm not a huge color v. color guy. Would've rather seen Virginia in an orange-white-blue combo

I guess it depends on the color combination, but how could you not like color on color especially considering the Man City badge is your avatar. The Manchester derby is one of the best looking games in all of sports.

Soccer's different for me for some reason. In football, basketball, and hockey I'd rather see a white v. color matchup, but when it's light vs dark (ucla/USC) I don't mind too much. In the UVA/Auburn game, something just wasn't right.

It also took me a while to even notice that both teams had color on haha

Manchester-City-icon.png

The fact that both teams have the exact same colors was pretty interesting. I love the orange helmet, but I'm not a huge color v. color guy. Would've rather seen Virginia in an orange-white-blue combo

I heard yesterday on Espn Radio that the reason they have the same color schemes is that the when football was started at Auburn, George Petrie, their coach used his alma mater's color scheme which was Virgina.

spacer.png

I heard yesterday on Espn Radio that the reason they have the same color schemes is that the when football was started at Auburn, George Petrie, their coach used his alma mater's color scheme which was Virgina.

...and Auburn's colors were then taken & modified by Clemson:

"The orange and purple began when Walter Merritt Riggs formed Clemson?s first football team in 1896. Because Riggs had come from Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama (later renamed Auburn), he borrowed ideas from their team colors, orange and purple, and their mascot, the Tiger"

http://www.clemson.edu/about/traditions.html

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

South Carolina is wearing all red garnet against Nebraska today. Looks like absolute crap. Combined with the Huskers' red pants, it's too much red on one field IMO.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

South Carolina is wearing all red garnet against Nebraska today. Looks like absolute crap. Combined with the Huskers' red pants, it's too much red on one field IMO.

thought so too. i actually turned it off to watch the much more eye appealing michigan st georgia game

Agreed, I really wish SC had worn white pants (or black jerseys) for more color difference. Or just put us in red and SC in white.

Unless you're watching on super-giant HD today, Wisconsin's "rose-tweak" will probbaly go unnoticed by the average viewer.

420e2d0e356611e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

487564303.jpg

It'll look just fine.

So ESPN's cameras are going to be that close to the action? doubt it. Even in the top photo the pattern on the numbers just looks like wrinkles.

You might see it from 2ft away, but on TV watching the game you won't notice. But you will notice Oregon!

"So ESPN's cameras are going to be that close to the action? doubt it. Even in the top photo the pattern on the numbers just looks like wrinkles.

You might see it from 2ft away, but on TV watching the game you won't notice. But you will notice Oregon!"

Yes, I imagine ESPN's cameras will be that close when a team huddles, or a player in on the ground after a play, or after a touchdown, or when a player is on the sidelines...

Since when is good design based off of how boisterous something is.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

"So ESPN's cameras are going to be that close to the action? doubt it. Even in the top photo the pattern on the numbers just looks like wrinkles.

You might see it from 2ft away, but on TV watching the game you won't notice. But you will notice Oregon!"

Yes, I imagine ESPN's cameras will be that close when a team huddles, or a player in on the ground after a play, or after a touchdown, or when a player is on the sidelines...

Good design should be noticed, get people talking. During the game people will be talking about Oregon, and not even noticing the Badgers changes. Not during normal game action, and definitely not by the crowd at the game.

I don't believe that was his original point. I'll go back and reread his post but I think he was making a comment about whether or not you would be able to see it on TV.

I personally think that the subtle look is best, but I do wonder what it could have looked like if they made the design a bit more visible from a distance.

Good design should be nike, get people talking. During the game people will be talking about Oregon, and not even noticing the Badgers changes.

I fixed it for you. I think that's what you were trying to say.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I guess it depends on the color combination, but how could you not like color on color especially considering the Man City badge is your avatar. The Manchester derby is one of the best looking games in all of sports.

Soccer's different for me for some reason. In football, basketball, and hockey I'd rather see a white v. color matchup, but when it's light vs dark (ucla/USC) I don't mind too much. In the UVA/Auburn game, something just wasn't right.

It also took me a while to even notice that both teams had color on haha

O good so my dad and I weren't the only ones, I think it was the fact auburn had white pants that made me not even think of it

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived