Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

Yep, those were really nice. If they used those with twill numbers instead of the thick screened numbers they used they'd be the ideal Michigan road jersey.

Also, navy blue facemasks > gray facemasks and no numbers on the side of the helmet > numbers on the side of the helmet

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan alum here. I was on the fence about the Sugar Bowl uniform and still am. Michigan's road uniforms haven't been good for awhile. My all time favorite, Michigan road uniform/jersey were these:

EDWARDS.jpg

You know, you can say a lot of things about Nike, but you can't say that they aren't capable of making great uniform. Those are fantastic. They should've never switched to Adidas.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Clemson in all Orange

WVU in Navy/White/White

Clemson is for sure doing this because of the orange bowl. The only ways it could be better would be if the Mountaineers wore navy pants.

Navy pants would make this game visibly more enjoyable.

spacer.png

You know, you can say a lot of things about Nike, but you can't say that they aren't capable of making great uniform. Those are fantastic. They should've never switched to Adidas.

Even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Then there must be a lot of blind squirrels, because Wash St, Washington, FSU, Florida, USC, tOSU, USAF, Army, Navy, UNC, Duke, LSU, Texas, Alabama, Fresno State, BYU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Iowa, Iowa State, Harvard, Penn St, Rice, Purdue, Va Tech, and many others look pretty damn good to me. B)

Then there must be a lot of blind squirrels, because Wash St, Washington, FSU, Florida, USC, tOSU, USAF, Army, Navy, UNC, Duke, LSU, Texas, Alabama, Fresno State, BYU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Iowa, Iowa State, Harvard, Penn St, Rice, Purdue, Va Tech, and many others look pretty damn good to me. B)

You forgot about Kentucky.

spacer.png

I went ahead and fixed that for you. The crossed-off ones have looks that Nike wasn't responsible for. All of them have classic looks that were around long before Nike.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I went ahead and fixed that for you. The crossed-off ones have looks that Nike wasn't responsible for. All of them have classic looks that were around long before Nike.

Might as well cross ISU off the list as well considering it's almost a carbon copy of USC.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

You forgot about Kentucky.

I know that is a vague statement meant to include others, but if we are mentioning classy Nike uniforms, please let us not forget about the Tulane Green Wave.

8861343-large.jpg

384653_256033027780959_118859528164977_808253_1762434341_n.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Is it just me, or did Clemson's helmet tonight have that same "pearl finish" that Virginia's Chick-fil-A Bowl helmet had? It could very well be the same helmet they've worn all year, but it seemed (at least to me) that it was a different finish. Looked really nice.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Might as well cross ISU off the list as well considering it's almost a carbon copy of USC.

Yeah, but Iowa State adopted their current look in 2008 so I'm not counting it with the rest of those schools, who've had their look for decades, save for BYU and Virginia Tech who based their current looks on classics previously worn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ohio states current set came in 06

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Yeah, but Iowa State adopted their current look in 2008 so I'm not counting it with the rest of those schools, who've had their look for decades, save for BYU and Virginia Tech who based their current looks on classics previously worn.

Where do you get an avatar like that made? I want one for my team

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I think Duke's is based on a set worn in the 60s, too.

ESPN just showed footage of the LSU special teams players warming up in plain purple pants with gold Nike logos.

Do the Tigers always warm up in these? Or could they be wearing purple bottoms for the game on Monday?

Go to Google and type in "LSU Football Practice" and hit enter, then click on images and you will see purple pants in almost every picture. So long story short - yes.

spacer.png

Archived