Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

Are these new uniforms for both teams in the GoDaddy.com Bowl? I don't recall NIU ever wearing black jerseys before (but they very well could have, I don't pay too close attention to them.) And I know Arkansas State wore black pants, not red, when they played us this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adidas Legacy or whatever the call it > Nike Pro Combat (with a few exceptions). this statement is totally true in the rose bowl. the game is the granddaddy of them all i dont need to see NPC 4.0 i want classic uni matchups

The Rose Bowl may tradition, but I am glad that Oregon is bringing a modern feel to this boring bowl game. I prefer the Fiesta or Orange bowl any day over the Rose Bowl.

Dumbest thing I have ever read on here.

The only reason I say that is because the Rose Bowl is between the Pac-12 and the Big 10 generally, which from tradition standpoint never features great teams because the SEC is not involved traditionally speaking.

Well, traditionally speaking, the SEC is not involved in the Fiesta Bowl or Orange Bowl, either. :therock:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Adidas Legacy or whatever the call it > Nike Pro Combat (with a few exceptions). this statement is totally true in the rose bowl. the game is the granddaddy of them all i dont need to see NPC 4.0 i want classic uni matchups

The Rose Bowl may tradition, but I am glad that Oregon is bringing a modern feel to this boring bowl game. I prefer the Fiesta or Orange bowl any day over the Rose Bowl.

The only reason I say that is because the Rose Bowl is between the Pac-12 and the Big 10 generally, which from tradition standpoint never features great teams because the SEC is not involved traditionally speaking.

Well, traditionally speaking, the SEC is not involved in the Fiesta Bowl or Orange Bowl, either. :therock:

Logic isn't his strong suit.

You know, you can say a lot of things about Nike, but you can't say that they aren't capable of making great uniform. Those are fantastic. They should've never switched to Adidas.

Even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Then there must be a lot of blind squirrels, because Wash St, Washington, FSU, Florida, USC, tOSU, USAF, Army, Navy, UNC, Duke, LSU, Texas, Alabama, Fresno State, BYU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Iowa, Iowa State, Harvard, Penn St, Rice, Purdue, Va Tech, and many others look pretty damn good to me. B)

I went ahead and fixed that for you. The crossed-off ones have looks that Nike wasn't responsible for. All of them have classic looks that were around long before Nike.

Ohio states current set came in 06

This look was first worn in the 80s when Earle Bruce was coach, I believe. Cris Carter era?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You know, you can say a lot of things about Nike, but you can't say that they aren't capable of making great uniform. Those are fantastic. They should've never switched to Adidas.

Even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Then there must be a lot of blind squirrels, because Wash St, Washington, FSU, Florida, USC, tOSU, USAF, Army, Navy, UNC, Duke, LSU, Texas, Alabama, Fresno State, BYU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Iowa, Iowa State, Harvard, Penn St, Rice, Purdue, Va Tech, and many others look pretty damn good to me. B)

I went ahead and fixed that for you. The crossed-off ones have looks that Nike wasn't responsible for. All of them have classic looks that were around long before Nike.

Ohio states current set came in 06

This look was first worn in the 80s when Earle Bruce was coach, I believe. Cris Carter era?

How did Fresno State make the list. Their new unis are awful

64158_Boise_St_Fresno_St_Football.jpg

How did Fresno State make the list. Their new unis are awful

64158_Boise_St_Fresno_St_Football.jpg

I get the feeling CrazyAnna is a Nike-can-do-no-wrong-type fan.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Are you trolling again? I never said teams had to be from the SEC, but I prefer watching SEC games, I just hate the Big 10 so much that is why I hate the Rose Bowl. Although this year was better because Oregon was there, but teams like USC and UCLA just does not do it for me. I loved the Fiesta Bowl because I really like Oklahoma State and the Orange Bowl because I like West Virginia. So, these may not traditional be SEC bowls, but this year they featured teams that I liked. But as far as this year goes no bowl is better than the National Championship game considering out of 120 teams in the FBS, none from outside of the SEC are in the championship game. So, TCU fans, Oregon fans, Texas fans, Oklahoma fans, USC fans, Notre Dame fans, and fans of everything other team you need to pay close attention to see what Southern football is all about. Go Tide! Go Tigers! Go SEC!

spacer.png

You're a Kentucky fan. "Southern football" doesn't really include you because you guys barely qualify as a football team. Stick to basketball.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You're a Kentucky fan. "Southern football" doesn't really include you because you guys barely qualify as a football team. Stick to basketball.

When your in the SEC you pull for the conference, have you never heard me talk about this over and over again! I take pride in my conference and no matter what you say, I will shout S.E.C. to the heavens in glory of being in the best conference in the world! Go SEC in Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Badminton, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Beer Pong, Swimming and any other sport besides wrestling because I hate that sport!

spacer.png

have you never heard me talk about his over and over again!

I've been on this forum for less than a month, so no.

When people talk about how tough SEC schedules are, they always say "except for Kentucky and Vandy." You guys are the whipping boys of the SEC, so for you to claim "conference pride" is ridiculous.

have you never heard me talk about his over and over again!

I've been on this forum for less than a month, so no.

When people talk about how tough SEC schedules are, they always say "except for Kentucky and Vandy." You guys are the whipping boys of the SEC, so for you to claim "conference pride" is ridiculous.

When Florida won the national title in basketball 2 years in a row being a Kentucky fan, I threw on a Gators shirt and cheered for them the whole time. When it comes to the SEC, I try to go to a random game every year that does not feature Kentucky. This year I went and watched Arkansas vs Vanderbilt and it was great! I love SEC football!

spacer.png

Are you trolling again? I never said teams had to be from the SEC, but I prefer watching SEC games, I just hate the Big 10 so much that is why I hate the Rose Bowl. Although this year was better because Oregon was there, but teams like USC and UCLA just does not do it for me. I loved the Fiesta Bowl because I really like Oklahoma State and the Orange Bowl because I like West Virginia. So, these may not traditional be SEC bowls, but this year they featured teams that I liked. But as far as this year goes no bowl is better than the National Championship game considering out of 120 teams in the FBS, none from outside of the SEC are in the championship game. So, TCU fans, Oregon fans, Texas fans, Oklahoma fans, USC fans, Notre Dame fans, and fans of everything other team you need to pay close attention to see what Southern football is all about. Go Tide! Go Tigers! Go SEC!

Jesus, let me guess. It's because they're "northernerss" right. Them yankee boys would go 6-6 in the SEC West. Give it a rest paul finebaum jr.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Well, I suppose you have to do something to make up for the fact that Kentucky fans don't have anything to cheer for in football.

Jesus, let me guess. It's because they're "northernerss" right. Them yankee boys would go 6-6 in the SEC West. Give it a rest PAAAAAWWWWWLLLLLL!

Fixed.

Well, I suppose you have to do something to make up for the fact that Kentucky fans don't have anything to cheer for in football.

Jesus, let me guess. It's because they're "northernerss" right. Them yankee boys would go 6-6 in the SEC West. Give it a rest PAAAAAWWWWWLLLLLL!

Fixed.

Yeah, we didn't make it to a bowl this year for the first time in 6 seasons. Oh well that happens, but I do not expect Kentucky to ever play in the BCS bowls, but we will get back to a bowl before you know it and it will all be good. But until then, I get to watch the two best teams in the country battle it out tonight and I can live with that, but the question is can you?

spacer.png

Jesus, let me guess. It's because they're "northernerss" right. Them yankee boys would go 6-6 in the SEC West. Give it a rest paul finebaum jr.

I love Paul Finebaum. I love the SEC. I personally feel like, although the B1G isn't the same caliber as the SEC they still play good football and have good and bad teams just like the SEC, and I love the Rose Bowl. Tradition just pours out of it

Yeah, we didn't make it to a bowl this year for the first time in 6 seasons. Oh well that happens, but I do not expect Kentucky to ever play in the BCS bowls, but we will get back to a bowl before you know it and it will all be good. But until then, I get to watch the two best teams in the country battle it out tonight and I can live with that, but the question is can you?

No, I can live with the fact that I'm not going to bother watching the game. I watched the only bowl game that really matters every year and I'm satisfied with that. The Rose Bowl had these things called touchdowns that you guys in SEC country are unfamiliar with. You see, when a player has control of the football and crosses the goal line, it's called a touchdown and his team gets six points. Maybe you guys should try scoring them sometime.

Who the hell wants to see a game with no touchdowns anyway? For God's sake, this is football, not soccer!

I love Paul Finebaum. I love the SEC. I personally feel like, although the B1G isn't the same caliber as the SEC they still play good football and have good and bad teams just like the SEC, and I love the Rose Bowl. Tradition just pours out of it

I had to do a search on Paul Finebaum because I have never heard of him. What is the deal with this guy? From what I read he lets callers voice their opinion and that cannot be a bad thing.

spacer.png

Finebaum's audience is 99.99% redneck.

Archived