Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

Temple has their bowl patch on the back of their jerseys.

Seems like some other team used to do that...Fresno State, I believe? My memory is kind of fuzzy about it, but I'm nearly positive that's who I'm thinking of.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just the decal and stripe off the brown helmet. I'm disappointed. The way they made it sound, I thought we were getting a yellow helmet.

Here's the decal and stripe:

6096514171_3818e45d79_o.png

The helmet decal they're wearing today just doesn't work. The decals look like huge brown blobs. The decal with the yellow outline is a billion times better on the white helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Edit: on another note I dont think ive ever seen smaller endzone logos. Eeesh. What is this, a high school game?

Easier to wash out.

Boise and Qualcomm don't even try, and "Back in the day" the Orange Bowl just had "Orange Bowl". Plus there were Sugar Bowl years with Saints/Tulane in endzones too.

The M-B Superdome has two Saints games, the Allstate Sugar, the Allstate BCS title game, and a potential Saints Wildcard (Jan. 6 or 7) game in the next three weeks.

I know Boise doe=sn't try. I would even bet they have a contract stating that bowls can't do anything with their endzones or midfield logos because everytime for as long as I remember them hosting games it has been this way. Either that, or Field turf can't be changed easily. All San Diego does is recolor the Chargers EZ logos. At least they look better than this game! Here's hoping the Sugar Bowl field looks better, at least for Michigan's endzones.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I'm sure the Sugar Bowl will get the full treatment that the New Orleans Bowl doesn't. And Boise just got new turf, it's not like they couldn't get something similar to what the Superdome has that can be easily repainted. Even if is simply says Boise in each end zone.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wisconsin will be wearing "modified" uniforms according to the below, which also states (and maybe this is well established here) that Oregon is home and Wisconsin is road.

Bielema: "Nike vs. Adidas". Lame.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2011/12/19/2646813/badgers-to-wear-modified-uniforms-in-rose-bowl

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wisconsin will be wearing "modified" uniforms according to the below, which also states (and maybe this is well established here) that Oregon is home and Wisconsin is road.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2011/12/19/2646813/badgers-to-wear-modified-uniforms-in-rose-bowl

That is ferociously stupid.

The fans, even those interested in uniforms, have no interest in this brand war crap. Let the schools play (and let's hope Oregon is wearing as much green and yellow as possible, no black, no volt).

9up7jm.png

The fans, even those interested in uniforms, have no interest in this brand war crap. Let the schools play (and let's hope Oregon is wearing as much green and yellow as possible, no black, no volt).

Pretty much summed it up word for word. This doesn't need to be a brand war - it's the flippin' Rose Bowl. I for one, hope Wisconsin's "modifications" are just slight tweaks (or that Alvarez denies the idea altogether), and also that Oregon wears its traditional colors. Pasadena is NOT a stage for "kewl".

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Pretty much summed it up word for word. This doesn't need to be a brand war - it's the flippin' Rose Bowl. I for one, hope Wisconsin's "modifications" are just slight tweaks (or that Alvarez denies the idea altogether), and also that Oregon wears its traditional colors. Pasadena is NOT a stage for "kewl".

I agree. There is no stage for "brand wars". I'd rather Bielema had said "Traditional vs adventurous" or something. Don't try to match up with Oregon in weird unis. Just work a rose onto it and be done.

And yes, it would be cool to see Oregon wear school colors, but I kinda doubt it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If there were going to be special uniforms from Nike I believe there would be a release date set already. We are too close to the games for them to pull something out of a hat.

I fully expect Oregon to go conservative, but since their home sets all feature "non-school colors" (lol), I'm sure some people will find a way to be unhappy about whatever we choose.

Archived